FORREST AT MOORE CO

GeneralForrest

The Raiders held their own. 

Forrest drives for a score to start, then get an int and scores again. With about 6 min remaining in the 1st it was 14-0. For the next about 36 min of game time I felt the Rockets were outhit out coached and out hustled. Nor sure if our kids were gassed or Moore just played well. We got whipped at the line. We gave up 4-7 yards routinely on running plays. We gave up the short and long pass. 

21-14 at half. Forrest scores again in the 3rd and makes it 28-14. 

Our very solid QB makes his first bad throw of the year, and Forrest also had a punt blocked. 

The Forrest D had a goal line stand and another stand inside the 5 where Moore's QB fumbled in Clint Stoener fashion. 

Forrest run game was stuffed at times and unstoppable at others. Their kids were in our backfield quickly for too much of the evening. I was fearful of a hardhitting Raider team to start this thread, but I didn't expect this game to really be competitive. Moore isn't as big as Portland but they are very well-coached. They weren't messing around and our kids looked like the vapers of the last two seasons.  

#32 and #30  were both very solid as was their QB. 

Refs. 

I hate blaming refs. It's part of the game. Forrest is a chippy physical team and they ain't gonna change. It's too simplistic to say "stop the penalties." Forrest is unfortunately a victim of reputation at times. Our kids do like to talk and I don't believe it's vulgar. Athletes at all levels exchange words during games and to pretend that this is some horrific offense is stupid and naive. 

It seems to depend on the crew. Last night any time there was the slightest bit of contact after the whistle the flags came out. Kid struggles to stop forward momentem and hits a pile after the whistle? Flag. Any tackles made out of bounds? Flag. Can't tell who started it? Flag Forrest. All night long. 

The holding calls were not consistent either.

These are still somewhat young players. It's almost like we are sending a signal that football is no longer a physical game. Tackle, and get up and prance away, or get flagged. It's really dumb. 

Forrest should've scored again with 40 seconds left. Idk why these coaches think taking a knee is some noble gesture. 42-14 sounds a lot better. Hammer your opponent. Make them remember you. 

Our kicker is 7-7 on PATs her last two games. 

See you next week at The Rock for Loretto. Homecoming.       

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

#3 couldnt get the run going but still had a pick, solid game, he can hurt you a lot of ways. 

#6 is one of the best players in 2A. He might've had 200 yards. Constantly made plays when needed. 

#9 made a ridiculous catch in triple coverage with 5 seconds left in the 1st half. Forrest couldn't punch it in. 

#14 always plays very hard. 

#5 had Raiders in his dresser drawers all night. He still did what it took to win. 

These kids need a day or two off. They just did not look like themselves.  

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

#3 couldnt get the run going but still had a pick, solid game, he can hurt you a lot of ways. 

#6 is one of the best players in 2A. He might've had 200 yards. Constantly made plays when needed. 

#9 made a ridiculous catch in triple coverage with 5 seconds left in the 1st half. Forrest couldn't punch it in. 

#14 always plays very hard. 

#5 had Raiders in his dresser drawers all night. He still did what it took to win. 

These kids need a day or two off. They just did not look like themselves.  

My great nephew is 56 a soph. plays olb and has ties to SP. Hope he is holding his own Congrats on win.

Edited by team69

On 9/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Jobres76 said:

Moore county is fairly physical for their size. Didn't really tire out in the 4th quarter either as I was expecting. Good team. Glad to see the rockets turning it around this season.

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

The Raiders held their own. 

Forrest drives for a score to start, then get an int and scores again. With about 6 min remaining in the 1st it was 14-0. For the next about 36 min of game time I felt the Rockets were outhit out coached and out hustled. Nor sure if our kids were gassed or Moore just played well. We got whipped at the line. We gave up 4-7 yards routinely on running plays. We gave up the short and long pass. 

21-14 at half. Forrest scores again in the 3rd and makes it 28-14. 

Our very solid QB makes his first bad throw of the year, and Forrest also had a punt blocked. 

The Forrest D had a goal line stand and another stand inside the 5 where Moore's QB fumbled in Clint Stoener fashion. 

Forrest run game was stuffed at times and unstoppable at others. Their kids were in our backfield quickly for too much of the evening. I was fearful of a hardhitting Raider team to start this thread, but I didn't expect this game to really be competitive. Moore isn't as big as Portland but they are very well-coached. They weren't messing around and our kids looked like the vapers of the last two seasons.  

#32 and #30  were both very solid as was their QB. 

Refs. 

I hate blaming refs. It's part of the game. Forrest is a chippy physical team and they ain't gonna change. It's too simplistic to say "stop the penalties." Forrest is unfortunately a victim of reputation at times. Our kids do like to talk and I don't believe it's vulgar. Athletes at all levels exchange words during games and to pretend that this is some horrific offense is stupid and naive. 

It seems to depend on the crew. Last night any time there was the slightest bit of contact after the whistle the flags came out. Kid struggles to stop forward momentem and hits a pile after the whistle? Flag. Any tackles made out of bounds? Flag. Can't tell who started it? Flag Forrest. All night long. 

The holding calls were not consistent either.

These are still somewhat young players. It's almost like we are sending a signal that football is no longer a physical game. Tackle, and get up and prance away, or get flagged. It's really dumb. 

Forrest should've scored again with 40 seconds left. Idk why these coaches think taking a knee is some noble gesture. 42-14 sounds a lot better. Hammer your opponent. Make them remember you. 

Our kicker is 7-7 on PATs her last two games. 

See you next week at The Rock for Loretto. Homecoming.       

Good post! I said it back on page one what you would be facing last night.