Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Each School Board does make a decision if they want a transfer Policy on file or if they do not want one on file.  No one is making the school board put a transfer Policy on file. (They are not required to do so like you stated).  If one can attend a school that one is not zoned for (No Matter the Reason) then it is open zone point blank period it can't be called anything else.  That is the definition of an Open Zoned School System.

What would you classify Knox Co School System as then?

Ex.  Little Johnny lives in the Karns School zone but Little Johnny's parents want him to attend West High School because they have the International Baccalaureate program that is not offered at Karns were Johnny is Zoned for.  Parents apply for a transfer and get it approved for Johnny to attend West even though he still lives in the Karns Zone.  So in a closed zone school system this would not even by an option for little Johnny but Open-Zoned it is.

When was the last time you seen a good athlete transfer to a school whose athletics were awful for educational reasons? That would be like a kid from Alabama going to Vanderbilt because it's a better school. Never. They may say they are transferring to said school for academics but 99/100 are for athletics. Like HTV said your definition of open zoned is all schools are. Just because you put in a transfer request does not mean it's going to be approved. In some counties it is very very difficult and has to be a major problem. From what I've gathered Greene county has a great transfer acceptability rate. Mostly for people who are good at ball. Again advantage Greene people refuse to admit it is an advantage. I've also never said it was wrong. I said it's an advantage.

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Greeneville is doing nothing wrong and they have great coaches and players that are willing to work and do what it takes to win and that’s the bottom line.Swipes your fighting a loosing battle with this bunch of posters.

Thank you Lawnman, for your comments. If I was 50 years younger and my parents moved to Carter County outside of Betsy City limits they would have paid tuition for me to attend a very solid academic school system as well as the opportunity to play for an excellent and very competitive football program.

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

All School Systems don't have a transfer Policy on file.  Trousdale Co would be an example. Each School Board makes the decision on how they run their school system rather it be allowing transfer to happen or not allowing transfer's to happen. TSSAA has no say so in this

Any School that can receive a student that is not zoned for that particle school is open zoned no matter the reason behind it like BPM stated earlier.  Thats why over 80% of the Public High Schools would be classified as open-zone.  What else would you call it Transfer-Zone Schools?   

OK, look.  I'm not inferring that Greeneville has done anything wrong. Like I said, I am all for parental choice in education for their kids. 

But that said, in this day and time of potential litigation and non-discrimination EVERY system has written transfer policies.  They have to in order to be compliant and receive state and federal funds.  If they don't then their leadership is plain stupid.That's just the world we live in.  

42 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Thank you Lawnman, for your comments. If I was 50 years younger and my parents moved to Carter County outside of Betsy City limits they would have paid tuition for me to attend a very solid academic school system as well as the opportunity to play for an excellent and very competitive football program.

Your welcome and the Cyclones are getting better and we have the right coaches in place to take the next step but we have to get by the Devils and that’s easier said than done.

29 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Your welcome and the Cyclones are getting better and we have the right coaches in place to take the next step but we have to get by the Devils and that’s easier said than done.

All trash talk aside I respect Betsy coaching staff more than any I have met my son had a great experience with them at the Witten huddle great guys 

1 hour ago, GaryGaines said:

When was the last time you seen a good athlete transfer to a school whose athletics were awful for educational reasons? That would be like a kid from Alabama going to Vanderbilt because it's a better school. Never. They may say they are transferring to said school for academics but 99/100 are for athletics. Like HTV said your definition of open zoned is all schools are. Just because you put in a transfer request does not mean it's going to be approved. In some counties it is very very difficult and has to be a major problem. From what I've gathered Greene county has a great transfer acceptability rate. Mostly for people who are good at ball. Again advantage Greene people refuse to admit it is an advantage. I've also never said it was wrong. I said it's an advantage.

Thats the problem it is not my definition of open zoned its just the definition of Open Zoned in general.  If one can attend a school that one is not zoned for it is open zoned point blank period (No matter if it is one student or 250 students like the principal stated about her elementary school in Knox Co) .  So you are telling me that everyone that attends every school in Knox Co is zoned for that particular school or the School Bus comes and picks them up then you are clue less.  I think some education needs to be taught on what is open zoned and what is closed zoned

58 minutes ago, HTV said:

OK, look.  I'm not inferring that Greeneville has done anything wrong. Like I said, I am all for parental choice in education for their kids. 

But that said, in this day and time of potential litigation and non-discrimination EVERY system has written transfer policies.  They have to in order to be compliant and receive state and federal funds.  If they don't then their leadership is plain stupid.That's just the world we live in.  

I'm not saying you inferring that Greeneville has done anything wrong.  You just can't say a school system is not open zoned though if one living in one zone and can apply and attend another school they are not zoned for. (Doesn't matter the reason for that transfer or how tough or easy it is to get a transfer approved).  We all know 100 % of the student that attends schools in Knox Co don't attend the school they are zoned for by their Legal Address. (As a former Coach I know this for a FACT because I've seen it happen before).  I've seen siblings that live in the same house attend 2 different public schools in 2 different counties (One Knox Co and One Loudon Co) while living in Loudon Co.

8 hours ago, HTV said:

Yes I agree that every school has written transfer policies. However there are some school in TN that are closed zone meaning you have to live in that zone to go to that school. If a student transfers in they must live in that zone. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes I agree that every school has written transfer policies. However there are some school in TN that are closed zone meaning you have to live in that zone to go to that school. If a student transfers in they must live in that zone. 

Understand.  But there are exceptions in every system.  Every single one.