Martin Westview @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Lots of discussion here. It's less than 6 hours til kickoff. 

I really believe in my Covington team. I saw Westview's team last year and their QB when Covington played at Martin. They were not up to the task. I have not seen them play under this new coach with his system. I don't see any way they score over 50 points against the Covington defense. I'm going to be shocked if they can get anywhere near their average score in this game.

Covington's offense is hard to stop, and Martin gave up 49 to McNairy County. If their defense can give up points like that, Covington will be able to light up the scoreboard.

I see a comfortable win by Covington,

7 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Lots of discussion here. It's less than 6 hours til kickoff. 

I really believe in my Covington team. I saw Westview's team last year and their QB when Covington played at Martin. They were not up to the task. I have not seen them play under this new coach with his system. I don't see any way they score over 50 points against the Covington defense. I'm going to be shocked if they can get anywhere near their average score in this game.

Covington's offense is hard to stop, and Martin gave up 49 to McNairy County. If their defense can give up points like that, Covington will be able to light up the scoreboard.

I see a comfortable win by Covington,

I concur.

We both could be horribly wrong as well. I have not seen the new system or Westview but If they are able to beat down Covington like some here have predicted I will defiantly say they are state title contenders. I hope its a great game, but I do not think it will be. 

I think Covington is a more complete team. Great on both sides of the ball. Westviews defense is not up to Covingtons so I have to go with Covington on this game. 

Covington - 42

Westview - 21. 

Westviews defense is the weak link. And one of McConnell’s biggest downfalls is that if he is down he goes into panic mode and is guaranteed to throw it every down. 

If Covington has the athletes to match up man on Westview receivers and can get a good pass rush going and force the QB to make quick decisions this game could get ugly. 

I do however think that this game will be close and high scoring. 

If Covingtons D can play as good as everyone says they can, they win. 

However I do believe that everyone will be surprised at how good Westview is after this game. 

I say Covington 49 Westview 45

36 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Westviews defense is the weak link. And one of McConnell’s biggest downfalls is that if he is down he goes into panic mode and is guaranteed to throw it every down. 

If Covington has the athletes to match up man on Westview receivers and can get a good pass rush going and force the QB to make quick decisions this game could get ugly. 

I do however think that this game will be close and high scoring. 

If Covingtons D can play as good as everyone says they can, they win. 

However I do believe that everyone will be surprised at how good Westview is after this game. 

I say Covington 49 Westview 45

I can definitely see this scenario play out too Trollin. Something like the Fairview/Waverly games of the last 5 years. 

I think Covington will score on just about every drive they dont turn it over though. (And they probably better) I think on the flipside Westview will have multiple turnovers. In the end Covington wins by 21+ IMO. 

36 minutes ago, wes88 said:

Im a WV fan but I do not expect them to win this game. They are one season removed from the worst records they have ever had and just now learning how to win. I would say that they will be something to contend with over the next couple of years however.

Waverly was 1-9 the season before McConnell came and in his first year Waverly went 8-2 and made it to round 2 of playoffs so... 9-3......