Martin Westview @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

By far the best game of the week right here. I'm going to take Westview in the upset by 3. The Covington defense has been lights out this year, but I think McConnell & Simpson find a way to get it done! Either way its going to be a great game & the winner definitely will have the leg up in winning the region, but South Gibson is still lurking out there!

3 hours ago, WingT08 said:

Westview with the upset. My man McConnell will continue to get it done with his D1 QB!

Yep because your  McConnell has done so much??  I think Waverly is better without the lack of preparation on the defensive side of the ball plain amd simple !!!  And the D 1 QB statement is absurd "okay" he has a D 1 QB whopty Dopty cause 1 player wins the chip right ??? Dude come on you gotta be smarter than this one ridiculous post " I hope " !!! Coaching, Defense and Line play wins Gold Balls. , McConnell has cool highlight reelz bruh while loosing 60 to 45 or are my facts not factual????

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

By far the best game of the week right here. I'm going to take Westview in the upset by 3. The Covington defense has been lights out this year, but I think McConnell & Simpson find a way to get it done! Either way its going to be a great game & the winner definitely will have the leg up in winning the region, but South Gibson is still lurking out there!

There are 2 huge region games going this week. SGC @ McNairy will be a good one. McNairy is playing for there life because they already have 1 region loss. 

If SGC can win Friday night I think the contest between SGC and the winner of the Covington Westview game will be the game of the year in the region. 

Also, can't leave Milan out of the mix. They have 1 loss in the region already but they still have a chance if they win out. They started slow last year and god a lot better as the season progressed. There defense is really good just need some help on the other side of the ball. 

We've got a great show lined up for you guys this Friday!   Unfortunately you regulars know we had some signal issues last week.   This week we are at Mt. Juliet, so hopefully no issues arise.   Just in case, I will be recording the show this week in addition to the LIVE stream so if we do encounter wireless signal issues, I'll be able to upload the entire show.    As always, the show will begin at 4:30 PM (Central).   Please navigate to the link below and subscribe to our channel if you haven't yet done so.   You can then set the reminder so you don't miss the start of the show.   You don't want to miss this one.  We'll have the Godfather of High School Coaches joining us to get the show started!   Here is the lineup for week five:

4:30 pm-   Hall of famer Alcoa Head Coach Gary Rankin

4:45 pm-   Mt. Juliet Head Coach Trey Perry (possibly a guest appearance from Hall of Famer Roger Perry also)

5:00 pm-  Covington Head Coach J.R. Kirby

5:15 pm-  Wilson Central Head Coach Brad Deadman

Lee Teat and Mike Molder will discuss our Super 25 best games in the State tomorrow night beginning at 5:30 PM.

Here is a link to our show:

Friday Main Event Week Five Stream

On 9/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, LetMeHearYA said:

They threw most of the night against McNairy but that's because we have trouble defending the pass and very very young in the secondary. We start multiple freshmen there. They do have a very good running back though. He can run the ball and is a receiver out of the backfield as well.

They threw most of the night because thats what they do..they dont care anything about your defense o.  He dictates to the defense not the other way around.Its to McConnells  benefit most of the time.

8 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yep because your  McConnell has done so much??  I think Waverly is better without the lack of preparation on the defensive side of the ball plain amd simple !!!  And the D 1 QB statement is absurd "okay" he has a D 1 QB whopty Dopty cause 1 player wins the chip right ??? Dude come on you gotta be smarter than this one ridiculous post " I hope " !!! Coaching, Defense and Line play wins Gold Balls. , McConnell has cool highlight reelz bruh while loosing 60 to 45 or are my facts not factual????

They are not better already played them and McConnell is a great coach. Just ook at the results where he has been .. two awful even if they were formerly proud programs Turned around year one

The thing Waverly fans and apparently you don't know..yes Mcconnell brought the offense with him  but he is and always has been a Defensive coordinator every where he has been and a very good one.  Which is why he learned and loves the offense he runs..it aint easy to defend 

5 minutes ago, Beagle said:

They are not better already played them and McConnell is a great coach. Just ook at the results where he has been .. two awful even if they were formerly proud programs Turned around year one

The thing Waverly fans and apparently you don't know..yes Mcconnell brought the offense with him  but he is and always has been a Defensive coordinator every where he has been and a very good one.  Which is why he learned and loves the offense he runs..it aint easy to defend 

Dude he squandered 3 Mr Football candiates I bet you a dollar 2 a donut that a good coach woulda shoulda coulda won the ship with all that talent !!!!! Your analysis or lack there of is hillarious! You must be a Camden fan at that !! You got them boys early in a transition where the D was undercoached for years !! Is McConnels offemse flashy yep ,does it put his team in the best position to win it all nope !!! Sorry facts dont lie !!! Fact is if Waverly had balance with the talent they had they would be sitti g on a GoldBall or 2 !!! 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Beagle... you act like your the only person on the T who knows McConnell. Lol. He was with us for 5 years. We all know where he came from and that he has always been a defensive guy until he took the head job at Waverly. He taught me all about defense when he came to Wavo. McConnell is super football smart no doubt. But geeze don’t act like your the only one that knows anything about him just because he is from Camden and you know him. You must keep a photo of him over your bed at night or something lol. Kinda creepy how much you brag about him

We will all find out in the next 3 weeks how good Westview is. They have to play at Covington, at Lake County and at South Gibson all in a row. All 3 games are on the road. The only game Westview should be favored in is the Lake County game just because of more depth. Not so sure they win any of them. Who knows they may be the real deal and win them all. Like I said we all will know more after this stretch of games.

10 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

We will all find out in the next 3 weeks how good Westview is. They have to play at Covington, at Lake County and at South Gibson all in a row. All 3 games are on the road. The only game Westview should be favored in is the Lake County game just because of more depth. Not so sure they win any of them. Who knows they may be the real deal and win them all. Like I said we all will know more after this stretch of games.

Don't matter everyone knows 3A runs thru Acola