William Blount @ McMinn County

Governm

Tough loss for WB. We had what could have been a home run play on the first play of the game but fumbled the ball. That ended up being an omen for the rest of the game. It's frustrating because we would've had a great chance to win the game if we had just executed there and jumped out to an early lead. McMinn's offense isn't designed to come from behind. Maybe sometime this year we will get it together against a good team.  You can't turn the ball over and get stupid penalties and beat good teams.  It also helps when you aren't out there trying to arm tackle people.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

22 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Tough loss for WB. We had what could have been a home run play on the first play of the game but fumbled the ball. That ended up being an omen for the rest of the game. It's frustrating because we would've had a great chance to win the game if we had just executed there and jumped out to an early lead. McMinn's offense isn't designed to come from behind. Maybe sometime this year we will get it together against a good team.  You can't turn the ball over and get stupid penalties and beat good teams.  It also helps when you aren't out there trying to arm tackle people.

Don't be Sad about the game Friday Night 91 because Sad spelled backwards is Das and Das not good.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Dang! Can't a man have a little privacy? So he was a lil late to his job? He was busy, his travel agent kept him on the phone longer than expected planning his yearly Bye Week Palooza Vacation. He will be sending out a group text soon letting all the WB player parents know no scheduled practices during Bye Week. 

Image result for fat guy in a speedo

The smart money betting a cruise to the Caribbean this Bye Week trip.

Wrong!!! He was in the press box. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The Sevier County Bears are one of the five wins I thought WB might have a great chance of winning but if their giving up 532 yards rushing then the Bears might wipe the field with them on TV Thursday Night.

photos-588.jpg

I don't think Sevier County runs a Wing-T offense. WB looked completely unprepared to stop that Friday. I thought we did a decent job slowing down Maryville's run game and you guys had D1 players running the ball. I dont see us giving up 500 rushing yards again.

24 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I don't think Sevier County runs a Wing-T offense. WB looked completely unprepared to stop that Friday. I thought we did a decent job slowing down Maryville's run game and you guys had D1 players running the ball. I dont see us giving up 500 rushing yards again.

I think it will be a good ballgame. Wing-T is complicated to defend but not a good one to run if you fall behind and trying to come back during a game.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

but not a good one to run if you fall behind and trying to come back during a game.

Yes. That is why it is frustrating that we made mistakes early in the game. We should have scored on that opening drive. Fumbling right there on that big play was a back breaker. Who knows how the game would have gone had we scored there. Football is a game of momentum and plays like that kill it.

4 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Yes. That is why it is frustrating that we made mistakes early in the game. We should have scored on that opening drive. Fumbling right there on that big play was a back breaker. Who knows how the game would have gone had we scored there. Football is a game of momentum and plays like that kill it.

If you give up over 500 yards rushing and 35 points that first score dont mean a thing,just slows down the inevitable!Thats a crazy number wow!

I do agree with Barn.I too figure 4 to 5 wins.4 of the 5 (MW,Heritage,SC and LC)you should be able to just show up and win those teams are just waaayyy down.

Edited by orngnblk

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If you give up over 500 yards rushing and 35 points that first score dont mean a thing,just slows down the inevitable!Thats a crazy number wow!

I do agree with Barn.I too figure 4 to 5 wins.4 of the 5 (MW,Heritage,SC and LC)you should be able to just show up and win those teams are just waaayyy down.

Failing to score on one possession absolutely means something when your opponent is eating up half the quarter every offensive possession.

That fumble and our defensive breakdown in the final minute of the first half took us out of the game. Take away those two mishaps and it is probably a tie game at half instead of 17-3.  Those mistakes were made even more costly because McMinn got the ball first in the second half.