William Blount @ McMinn County

Governm

20 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Failing to score on one possession absolutely means something when your opponent is eating up half the quarter every offensive possession.

That fumble and our defensive breakdown in the final minute of the first half took us out of the game. Take away those two mishaps and it is probably a tie game at half instead of 17-3.  Those mistakes were made even more costly because McMinn got the ball first in the second half.

WB had a total of 25 yards rushing, that's not gonna win ball games. It was brutal to watch as big and strong  as WB offensive line was they just would not get to the second level and put a hat on a LB. McMinn's backers were running free much of the night. 

McMinn does not run a Wing T anymore. Read option out of a spread formation. It looked like WB's game plan was to stop the running back, so McMinn's QB pulled it most of the night (20 times) and that's why he had 193 yards rushing. Sorry but if you cant run the ball and stop the run, one big play is not gonna be a game changer. if that's the case, then the mental toughness of WB is not very good.

McMinn probably ran about 5 different plays all night... maybe 6

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prahs said:

WB had a total of 25 yards rushing, that's not gonna win ball games. It was brutal to watch as big and strong  as WB offensive line was they just would not get to the second level and put a hat on a LB. McMinn's backers were running free much of the night. 

McMinn does not run a Wing T anymore. Read option out of a spread formation. It looked like WB's game plan was to stop the running back, so McMinn's QB pulled it most of the night (20 times) and that's why he had 193 yards rushing. Sorry but if you cant run the ball and stop the run, one big play is not gonna be a game changer. if that's the case, then the mental toughness of WB is not very good.

McMinn probably ran about 5 different plays all night... maybe 6

My point exactly!

Which is a better position to be in: tied (or at worst down 7) or down 14 at the half when the other team is going to get the ball first after half? Especially when that other team has been eating up a lot of clock on their offensive possessions. Prahs pointed out that 49 of our 170 yards of offense came on that first play where we fumbled the ball, but he didn't point out that a lot of McMinn's rushing yards came in the second half and that one big play that gave them a 17-3 lead in the final seconds of the first half. Our defense was never really successful at stopping their run, but it got a lot worse as the game went on because our defense was gassed after being on the field so long.  

Stats and final scores dont tell the whole story. Case and point, the 31-7 final score against Ooltewah doesn't tell you that WB was in the game until a few minutes into the fourth quarter.  And McMinn's rushing stats dont tell you that two plays were the difference between a 10-10 game at half and the 17-3 score that it ended up being.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

This weeks game between Sevier County and William Blount are a battle between two schools that kind of have the same problems. Most fans of each school are wanting new blood in the coaching ranks and higher ups are unwilling to make that move. My suggestion this week since the game is on TV is to have the barber that does a complete makeover on one of the fans each game is to try and transform each coach at halftime. Couldn't hurt and at least it would look like a new face out there coaching plus halftime would be the obvious time to do this since there's never any adjustments made in the locker room during this time period.

Dn-ERn-Vh-Xc-AAw-T4e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This weeks game between Sevier County and William Blount are a battle between two schools that kind of have the same problems. Most fans of each school are wanting new blood in the coaching ranks and higher ups are unwilling to make that move. My suggestion this week since the game is on TV is to have the barber that does a complete makeover on one of the fans each game is to try and transform each coach at halftime. Couldn't hurt and at least it would look like a new face out there coaching plus halftime would be the obvious time to do this since there's never any adjustments made in the locker room during this time period.

Dn-ERn-Vh-Xc-AAw-T4e.jpg

Glad this game is on tv. Get to see what kind of problems we could have with WB