Knox County Recruiting Service

Pinocchio007

2 hours ago, guthook said:

Just so I understand.  You think TSSAA had concrete evidence of a rules violation and failed to enforce discipline?

Yep, sure do. As to the exact reason or reasons why, we’ll never know. But I do believe they had ample evidence and nothing was done. 

Edited by chsbobcat09

23 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Yep, sure do. As to the exact reason or reasons why, we’ll never know. But I do believe they had ample evidence and nothing was done. 

So the statement they released wasn't true?  the allegations weren't based on student statements with no corroborating evidence?  

So the statement they released wasn't true?  the allegations weren't based on student statements with no corroborating evidence?  

Ok let’s think about something. The basis of “no evidence” against Powell was on “he said he said” correct? So basically what that means to me is the only word they had to go off of was the players saying that Coach X came up and tried to get me to transfer to Powell. But let’s think about that for a second, based on that the only person making any claims was the player, no coaches no parents, etc. because then there would be multiple people all saying the same thing vs a coach denying he said anything. So what their saying is the ONLY person(s) making a claim was the players. Now tell me, what HS kid is gonna go to Tssaa and try to turn in a school? Lol, exactly, so there had to be coaches also backing up the claims along with the players testimony’s. To me, and maybe I’m wrong, but when you’ve got multiple people saying the same thing vs one person saying it didn’t happen, sounds like the multiple peoples claim holds more water than the latter. I believe there was enough evidence for something to be done but due to the timing of the matter it was overlooked. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Ok let’s think about something. The basis of “no evidence” against Powell was on “he said he said” correct? So basically what that means to me is the only word they had to go off of was the players saying that Coach X came up and tried to get me to transfer to Powell. But let’s think about that for a second, based on that the only person making any claims was the player, no coaches no parents, etc. because then there would be multiple people all saying the same thing vs a coach denying he said anything. So what their saying is the ONLY person(s) making a claim was the players. Now tell me, what HS kid is gonna go to Tssaa and try to turn in a school? Lol, exactly, so there had to be coaches also backing up the claims along with the players testimony’s. To me, and maybe I’m wrong, but when you’ve got multiple people saying the same thing vs one person saying it didn’t happen, sounds like the multiple peoples claim holds more water than the latter. I believe there was enough evidence for something to be done but due to the timing of the matter it was overlooked. Just my opinion.

The coaches would have had to witness the exchange.  I don't think they did. And if they did and didn't come out vocally after TSSAA dismissed the allegations than those coaches are pretty spineless.  

They don't strike me as spineless, so let's assume they didn't witness it.

The coaches would have had to witness the exchange.  I don't think they did. And if they did and didn't come out vocally after TSSAA dismissed the allegations than those coaches are pretty spineless.  

They don't strike me as spineless, so let's assume they didn't witness it.

Well like I said, me you and everyone else will probably never know what truly went down because the coaches who turned Powell in probably won’t comment on the matter anymore because it’s a past occurrence. But it’s just very hard for me to believe a Coach didn’t see or overhear a discussion taking place for them to act in such a way as they did. Truth is, and nobody will ever want to admit it, the timing had a BIG factor in that decision. It would have literally changed the course of many teams seasons for good or bad. I do believe it was a deciding factor, IMO.

Lol this is funny but true. I would have put Austin East toward bottom though. They lose more kids than bring in from outside is what i heard. Never understood how kids on Magnolia could go to Fulton, Gibbs or Carter. Green Hills kids could go to South Doyle. When I heard this I was like your kidding. When my last grandkid was at HVA several kids went there due to NCLB from Austin East. 

• Upvote 1