Knox County Recruiting Service

Pinocchio007

First, I am going to start by saying this thread is about to take off!!! 

All Knox County Schools recruit to some degree, "HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS"! This starts by the schools themselves with alumni and community, next the high school coaches, then the youth organizations, and work all the way down into church.

List of Knox County "PUBLIC SCHOOLS"- No, exact order, but if I had to make a list! 

1. Powell 
  2. Central 
  3. Fulton
  4. Austin- East
  5. Bearden
  6. South- Doyle**  
  7. Farragut**
  8. West**
  9. Halls**
  10. Gibbs**
  11. Carter**
  12. Hardin Valley** 
  13. Karns 

**Subject to change 

3bfbj6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

All Knox County Schools recruit to some degree, "HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS"! This starts by the schools themselves with alumni and community, next the high school coaches, then the youth organizations, and work all the way down into church.

List of Knox County "PUBLIC SCHOOLS"- No, exact order, but if I had to make a list! 

1. Powell 
  2. Central 
  3. Fulton
  4. Austin- East
  5. Bearden
  6. South- Doyle**  
  7. Farragut**
  8. West**
  9. Halls**
  10. Gibbs**
  11. Carter**
  12. Hardin Valley** 
  13. Karns 

**Subject to change 

3bfbj6.jpg

Correct!

I definitely agree with your top four in order for ranking (this year).

Sometime those top four leap frog over each other.

I also agree with the bottom 3 or 4 of your list as to their ranking.

13 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

1. Powell 
  2. Central 
  3. Fulton
  4. Austin- East
  5. Bearden
  6. South- Doyle**  
  7. Farragut**
  8. West**
  9. Halls**
  10. Gibbs**
  11. Carter**
  12. Hardin Valley** 
  13. Karns 

**Subject to change 

3bfbj6.jpg

What would happen if Knox County Schools hard zoned their schools so that students in a particular area HAD to go to the school they are zoned for?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

1. Powell 
  2. Central 
  3. Fulton
  4. Austin- East
  5. Bearden
  6. South- Doyle**  
  7. Farragut**
  8. West**
  9. Halls**
  10. Gibbs**
  11. Carter**
  12. Hardin Valley** 
  13. Karns 

**Subject to change 

3bfbj6.jpg

I seriously think you forgot one. "THE KIDS". Serious question. Why would kids today choose the top 4 over the bottom 4?

I am going to say this for the last time, I agree all schools recruit in some way, shape, form, or fashion. A kid that chooses a school upon entering 9th grade, I have zero issue with. A kid who transfers for athletic purposes I do have an issue with. I also have an issue with certain schools having open access to middle schools that feed multiple high schools on a weekly basis. Again, all that happens is the student athletes get punished and nothing ever happens to the adults. Ridiculous really. If Fulton were caught doing something illegal, we should be punished.

6 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I am going to say this for the last time, I agree all schools recruit in some way, shape, form, or fashion. A kid that chooses a school upon entering 9th grade, I have zero issue with. A kid who transfers for athletic purposes I do have an issue with. I also have an issue with certain schools having open access to middle schools that feed multiple high schools on a weekly basis. Again, all that happens is the student athletes get punished and nothing ever happens to the adults. Ridiculous really. If Fulton were caught doing something illegal, we should be punished.

I have 0 issues with kids entering into a school of their and their parents choosing in 9th grade. Obviously I think most people would have an issue of a kid transferring for athletic purposes, but if a parent has a bona fide change of address there isn't anything that can be done.

I don't live or have kids in knoxville so I can't really comment on the whole middle school situation. 

7 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Agree, 

Everyone does recruit. I do not get mad if a kid wants to play somewhere due to the coach, school, or friends even if it is Athletic Base minded "lets be real most of the time it is" if this was not the case the kid would pick or stay accordingly. High School kids choose their college careers the same way.

Problem is right now with Knox County is that we have Middle School Zones overlapping High School Zones. If I was smart, I believe this is problem (A) 

Maybe it is time to just have open enrollment throughout the county, like Sevier County. 

2 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I have 0 issues with kids entering into a school of their and their parents choosing in 9th grade. Obviously I think most people would have an issue of a kid transferring for athletic purposes, but if a parent has a bona fide change of address there isn't anything that can be done.

I don't live or have kids in knoxville so I can't really comment on the whole middle school situation. 

There are certain Middle Schools in Knox County that feed to different high schools depending on where you live at.  Ex. Norwood Middle is zoned for Central, Powell,  and Fulton High School depending on your address for High School.

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

There are certain Middle Schools in Knox County that feed to different high schools depending on where you live at.  Ex. Norwood Middle is zoned for Central, Powell,  and Fulton High School depending on your address for High School.

And when specific coaches are allowed in with open arms, while others are not, there is a problem.