Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

28 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Thats why you dont create them till the week of the game.LOL.Im sure Roy would tell us that if he was allowed to post on unofficial websites.:roflol:

Not sure why the complaints lol. SP folks were on their Redbank thread nearly all week "after they didnt play." 

Anyhow I'm available if you wanna talk pirate smack about our game. Tell me why we cant win.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Not sure why the complaints lol. SP folks were on their Redbank thread nearly all week "after they didnt play." 

Anyhow I'm available if you wanna talk pirate smack about our game. Tell me why we cant win.

LOL gooder point.Im on the fence with both teams.SP hasnt played anyone yet but are stacked,Meigs ive seen and i know will bring it.SP at home has a very good advantage they are tough at home.Im calling a 1 score game either way.If anyone wins by multiple it would go to Meigs.

43 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

LOL gooder point.Im on the fence with both teams.SP hasnt played anyone yet but are stacked,Meigs ive seen and i know will bring it.SP at home has a very good advantage they are tough at home.Im calling a 1 score game either way.If anyone wins by multiple it would go to Meigs.

Fair enough, honestly weve had a few easy weeks, and South Pitt has as well I believe. Meigs generally comes out playing like they want to make up the 4 quarters they lost after a bye week. Both teams will come out swinging both wanna prove something. Question is who comes out on top and why? This should liven up the thread. Show me what ya got pirate folks, if ya wanna talk football let's talk.

Edited by Imthayeti

27 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says Meigs bring a beast to town and the Pirates certainly have to play their best to win. Taking the positive point of view, a week to heal could be a good thing. 

I'm hoping the beast as you call him has alot of energy stored from the bye week along with the rest of the team and is ready to put on a show. In the same respect I hope our D is prepared to play their best game yet. They gonna need it I bet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree with your take on this game. It should be a great game. I’m excited about the atmosphere I know we will see on Friday. 

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm hoping the beast as you call him has alot of energy stored from the bye week along with the rest of the team and is ready to put on a show. In the same respect I hope our D is prepared to play their best game yet. They gonna need it I bet. 

Yea, sure the beast probably needed some healing too. Meigs open date is why OP feels the RB cancellation was a blessing to allow the Pirates time to allow several to recover. BTW, OP just caught wind of a sad situation. A huge shout out to the Nelson kid for a quality recovery, whose career was cut short again due to another season knee injury. 

13 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Yea, sure the beast probably needed some healing too. Meigs open date is why OP feels the RB cancellation was a blessing to allow the Pirates time to allow several to recover. BTW, OP just caught wind of a sad situation. A huge shout out to the Nelson kid for a quality recovery, whose career was cut short again due to another season knee injury. 

I imagine the quote below is referring to what you mentioned. Never a good time for an injury, but it's worse if it's their senior year. I hope the kid has a swift recovery. I also hope he gets another chance not sure year he is in.

1 hour ago, powerp said:

The Pirates really haven't played in 3 weeks so should be well rested. We get a piece back and lose a piece for this one. Should be a dandy.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I imagine the quote below is referring to what you mentioned. Never a good time for an injury, but it's worse if it's their senior year. I hope the kid has a swift recovery.

The Nelson kid came back to SP from Jasper after his injury early last season, sat out his required 12 months while in rehab. He reportedly was just now regaining his mobility, then tears up his other knee. Terribly saddening

17 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I agree with your take on this game. It should be a great game. I’m excited about the atmosphere I know we will see on Friday. 

I'm like you i think the crowds will be overly excited for this game. This is the second game this year that we go into a game knowing theres a good chance we may lose. I just hope the actual atmosphere is gentle till game is over. Still showing rain in the forecast.