FORREST AT SUMMERTOWN

GeneralForrest

19 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Big-time extra point make by #1  after missing the first one

Really? A high school extra point with a good snap, a good hold, and solid blocking shouldn’t be a suspenseful event. Missed PATs  will bite us in a close game. If that second PAT was missed and their QB hits a wide open wheel route we would have lost 13-12. That won’t be on the players. 

Obvi I get you.  But this team has won 7 out of 7 games this year after 9 of the last 22.  Yes I'm conditioned to accept small victories and there wasn't much to cheer last night.  And yes i soiled myself when the bbq heir threw a Mariota/Guarantano level pass 10 feet over a wide open kids head.  Like you stated in a previous post...the bounces have gone Forrest's way this year.  The last two years teams would be 4-3 or 5-2 at this point. 

Always easy to say what if... I know there was plenty of what ifs on both sides last night. I wish my guy hadn’t watched that fumble roll outta bounds right at his feet. And I also wish that last pass had sent us to overtime... not that everyone’s heart could take much more. Last nights game could have easily went either way with just a couple plays coming up in the other teams favor. I think maybe Summertown had used up their luck on Richland and Loretto. 

Forrest’s #6, Nick McClendon, had appendicitis Friday night and still rushed for over 100 yards between vomiting on the sideline. He was scheduled to have surgery this morning. My Hat is off to this young man and I’m sending get well wishes and prayers his way.

Edited by Jpd73

1 hour ago, Jpd73 said:

Forrest’s #6, Nick McClendon, had appendicitis Friday night and still rushed for over 100 yards between vomiting on the sideline. He was scheduled to have surgery this morning. My Hat is off to this young man and I’m sending get well wishes and prayers his way.

That’s pretty serious. You can die from appendicitis if it ruptures 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jpd73 said:

classy post. his performance was all time at any level. im not surre ive ever seen anything like that in my old butt life.