Region 6

tradertwo

Just now, Bigpun54 said:

I was wondering. Is that a new coaching staff there? Very crisp

I'm wondering the same thing. Athletes come and go, but discipline and precision is coaching 100% of the time... not likely that HC is the same old HC, then becomes this team in one season without a shakeup.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Athletes come and go, but discipline and precision is coaching 100% of the time... not likely that HC is the same old HC, then becomes this team in one season without a shakeup.

Second year for Coach O as head coach. He was the Offensive Coordinator for years. Tradertwo, I remember him calling a lot of TDs over in Scott’s Hill on the night the helicopter flew in ;) ). Stand up guy. Life long Houston Countian. We’re proud to have him. 

12 minutes ago, FearedEagle said:

Second year for Coach O as head coach. He was the Offensive Coordinator for years. Tradertwo, I remember him calling a lot of TDs over in Scott’s Hill on the night the helicopter flew in ;) ). Stand up guy. Life long Houston Countian. We’re proud to have him. 

Now we're making sense! Second season is usually the one where the changes begin to show on the field. I could tell in our game late last year that there was a difference in Houston County, even though we weren't that good, in years past we would have won that game in the fourth... instead HC was the one who wouldn't blink and kept plugging away. Glad to see the Irish playing well!

42 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Looks like Houston County is the real deal. Waverly better take these 2 weeks of preparation seriously. Houston County then Westview then Riverside. Houston County and Riverside is must wins to claim the Region. 

Yeah, I dont see that going very well for Waverly.  McConnell with three losses in a row.  He is going to be out for blood.  Houston is on a roll and we dont look like. much of a speed bump.  Riverside is going to be a good game though and we will either be dead from two losses back to back or having buy in and trying to finish strong for the playoffs.  Very disappointed with this season and the future does not look much better.  I am not ready to yell the sky is falling but I am looking for a bull horn.  I am fearful we will settle back into the days that I played.  We weren't good then and its not looking like we will be good in the coming years.  

44 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

Yeah, I dont see that going very well for Waverly.  McConnell with three losses in a row.  He is going to be out for blood.  Houston is on a roll and we dont look like. much of a speed bump.  Riverside is going to be a good game though and we will either be dead from two losses back to back or having buy in and trying to finish strong for the playoffs.  Very disappointed with this season and the future does not look much better.  I am not ready to yell the sky is falling but I am looking for a bull horn.  I am fearful we will settle back into the days that I played.  We weren't good then and its not looking like we will be good in the coming years.  

All is not lost. Houston and Riverside are winnable. It can be done if we show up and play like we did against Fairview. Too early to be talking all that non sense. I think these first couple of years may be up and down but I know Boldin is capable of bringing Waverly up and all the way. Keep the faith. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trollin said:

All is not lost. Houston and Riverside are winnable. It can be done if we show up and play like we did against Fairview. Too early to be talking all that non sense. I think these first couple of years may be up and down but I know Boldin is capable of bringing Waverly up and all the way. Keep the faith. 

Beat me to it. It isn't easy to live with during the "down" periods, but the team needs fans to still back them.

We (Scotts Hill) are way further down than Waverly, but I know that our coach is the man to bring us back, and I think you guys should feel that way about yours. You graduated an amazingly talented group of kids and lost a great coach. We did the same in '16, and got a young assistant coach who turned out to be a bad guy in more ways than one... he proceeded to run off good kids, bankrupt the program, and get himself arrested. We wasted two years of momentum between good coaches, but I think you guys wasted nothing. You hired a hometown guy coming off a state championship, who loves it there enough to leave his team and come home. You have talent... not three Mr. Football type talent, but solid football players at every position with some bench talent. It will take us both time to get where we will eventually be, but I think in a few years we'll be meeting deep in the playoffs again, and we owe you one!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

Man I hope you are right.  They have been tough to watch.  8 is a bright spot.  I hope we can get it together.  Not seeing this team get up for Camden or McEwen worries me.  I missed last nights game but looking at the score tells me that some good things happened.  But we were playing a really bad team.  I understand that we allowed another score on special teams.  Hopefully we can lick our wounds this off week and get ready for the gauntlet that we are running full speed into.  We have a lot of work to do but I dont mean to be as negative as it seams. .  

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Beat me to it. It isn't easy to live with during the "down" periods, but the team needs fans to still back them.

We (Scotts Hill) are way further down than Waverly, but I know that our coach is the man to bring us back, and I think you guys should feel that way about yours. You graduated an amazingly talented group of kids and lost a great coach. We did the same in '16, and got a young assistant coach who turned out to be a bad guy in more ways than one... he proceeded to run off good kids, bankrupt the program, and get himself arrested. We wasted two years of momentum between good coaches, but I think you guys wasted nothing. You hired a hometown guy coming off a state championship, who loves it there enough to leave his team and come home. You have talent... not three Mr. Football type talent, but solid football players at every position with some bench talent. It will take us both time to get where we will eventually be, but I think in a few years we'll be meeting deep in the playoffs again, and we owe you one!

I have gone back and read some old threads since I just learned about the T being a great place to talk local sports.  I hope you are right as you seem very tuned in.  I think we have some talent and some not in the right place but hey, Im not the coach.   Its pretty easy to Monday morning QB.  I am certainly not a bleacher coach!  The Camden and McEwen games are pretty frustrating as we didn't seem ready to play.  Leadership, preparation, lack of passing game, and penalties have shot us in the foot.

During last years playoffs I was very impressed with Houston Co as a solid fundamental team. They were well coached and their players played hard. I for one am not surprised by their success and if you read my previous post you can see that I thought they were a good team. I did think that RS would win in a close game at home, but I was wrong. HC has Hickman and Waverly and I would not be shocked to see them win them both. Hearing that the 2nd year coach is from Erin is a plus and gives them an edge. Region 5 and 6 could shake up crazy where a# 3 could go far...………………… Time will tell.