When will T$$AA...........

Lost Old Dad

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

When Nolensville moves up to 6a they should be in with LaVergne, Stewie, Smyrna plus maybe Antioch and Cane Ridge.  That would make sense geographically.  For all sports.  Neighborhood rivalries draw fans and fans at games = $$$ for the schools.

According to google maps, it's an eleven minute drive from Nolensville High to Stewie.

(it's a 33 minute drive from Stewie to McGavock for example, 29 from Smyrna to Overton)

The WilCo school system will push for a WilCo Super League:  Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, Franklin, Centennial, Summit, Nolensville & Page if they can push some rezoning down Arno Road.  That would bump Dickson out when they drop to 5A after next year.

3 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

6 classes is here to stay. Money and pressure from smaller schools will not let 5 classes to happen. 

I agree with this statement. 6 classes is going to stay because more people are in the playoffs which makes smaller schools happy. As long as TSSAA is turning a profit they will follow the dollar. Half the gate from more playoffs games will only make them happier. I know some people are complaining about smaller gates at the Round 1 playoff game blowouts but that is more the individual schools complaining in localized areas. Across the state a huge number of teams playing a Round 1 playoff game translates to more ticket sales collectively. 

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

I agree with this statement. 6 classes is going to stay because more people are in the playoffs which makes smaller schools happy. As long as TSSAA is turning a profit they will follow the dollar. Half the gate from more playoffs games will only make them happier. I know some people are complaining about smaller gates at the Round 1 playoff game blowouts but that is more the individual schools complaining in localized areas. Across the state a huge number of teams playing a Round 1 playoff game translates to more ticket sales collectively. 

You can look it up.  I had the website but don’t remember.  Playoff attendance and money was way down across the board.  

11 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You can look it up.  I had the website but don’t remember.  Playoff attendance and money was way down across the board.  

Okay I just pulled up an article from Kreager:

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/tennessee-high-school-football-decline-attendance-revenue

"Gross receipts totaled $1,382,426 in 2018, down from $1,615,738 a year earlier."

I still don't see them abandoning 6 classes though. I could be wrong. Maybe if the attendance and money continues to drop they will change something. 

Edited by haweanbula

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

That was before they nearly voted for 5 classes, if I recall correctly

5 classes would cut down on travel, make it easier to schedule games, provide more competition, and still allow for smaller schools to compete.  I would be all for it. 

Here you go-six classes saved, but better competition all around. 

Go with Top 64 over the past five years in 5A, 6A, and Division II-AAA. To make it simple, it goes from 1-Brentwood Academy to 64-Clarksville Northeast. These schools are Class 6A. 

Class 5A, top 64 in 3A, 4A, and Division II-AA. 1-Alcoa to 64-Howard. Class 4A, top 64 in 1A, 2A, and Division 11-A. 1-Peabody to 64-Hickman County 

Others not making the 64 cut are divided by enrollment into three more classes (3A, 2A, 1A). 2500-student Bartlett down to Rossville Christian. 

32 of 64 makes the playoffs in the 3 main classes. 8 regions of 8 teams each. Playoffs in lower three classes would depend on numbers. 

Schools could transition based on long term success, over 4 years at a time, or maybe 2 years of state titles in a row. Such details could be worked out. 

As for private schools mixing back in, put in an exhaustive anti-recruiting program, those guilty would risk losing their football for at least a couple of years. All would be subject to penalties. 

Class 6A: 

1-Brentwood Academy

2-Murfreesboro Oakland 

3-Maryville 

4-McCallie

5-Montgomery Bell Academy 

6-Whitehaven 

7-Knoxville Catholic 

8-Ravenwood 

9-Baylor 

10-Memphis University School 

11-Ensworth

12-Farragut 

13-Blackman

14-Independence 

15-Christian Brothers

16-Cane Ridge

17-Brentwood High School 

18-Briarcrest 

19-Knoxville Central 

20-Mt. Juliet 

21-Beech

22-Science Hill 

23-Henry County

24-Bradley Central 

25-Hillsboro

26-Dobyns-Bennett

27-Oak Ridge 

28-Fulton

29-Cordova

30-Ooltewah 

31-Hendersonville 

32-White Station 

33-Centennial 

34-Riverdale 

35-Knoxville West 

36-Rhea County 

37-Germantown

38-Cookeville 

39-Pope John Paul II 

40-Smyrna 

41-Ridgeway

42-Franklin 

43-Hardin Valley 

44-Fatgher Ryan

45-Bearden

46-Houston

47-Gallatin

48-Cleveland

49-Memphis Central 

50-Collierville

51-Summit 

52-Page

53-McMinn County 

54-Wilson Central

55-Shelbyville 

56-Crockett County 

57-Stewarts Creek 

58-Morristown West

59-South Doyle

60-Jefferson County 

61-Southwind

62-Powell 

63-Rossview 

64-Clarksville Northeast 

Edited by Indian

51 minutes ago, Indian said:

Go with Top 64 over the past five years in 5A, 6A, and Division II-AAA. To make it simple, it goes from 1-Brentwood Academy to 64-Clarksville Northeast. These schools are Class 6A. 

Class 5A, top 64 in 3A, 4A, and Division II-AA. 1-Alcoa to 64-Howard. Class 4A, top 64 in 1A, 2A, and Division 11-A. 1-Peabody to 64-Hickman County 

Others not making the 64 cut are divided by enrollment into three more classes (3A, 2A, 1A). 2500-student Bartlett down to Rossville Christian. 

32 of 64 makes the playoffs in the 3 main classes. 8 regions of 8 teams each. Playoffs in lower three classes would depend on numbers. 

Schools could transition based on long term success, over 4 years at a time, or maybe 2 years of state titles in a row. Such details could be worked out. 

As for private schools mixing back in, put in an exhaustive anti-recruiting program, those guilty would risk losing their football for at least a couple of years. All would be subject to penalties. 

Class 6A: 

1-Brentwood Academy

2-Murfreesboro Oakland 

3-Maryville 

4-McCallie

6-Whitehaven 

7-Knoxville Catholic 

8-Ravenwood 

9-Baylor 

11-Ensworth

12-Farragut 

13-Blackman

14-Independence 

15-Christian Brothers

16-Cane Ridge

17-Brentwood High School 

18-Briarcrest 

19-Knoxville Central 

20-Mt. Juliet 

21-Beech

22-Science Hill 

23-Henry County

24-Bradley Central 

25-Hillsboro

26-Dobyns-Bennett

27-Oak Ridge 

28-Fulton

29-Cordova

30-Ooltewah 

31-Hendersonville 

32-White Station 

33-Centennial 

34-Riverdale 

35-Knoxville West 

36-Rhea County 

37-Germantown

38-Cookeville 

39-Pope John Paul II 

40-Smyrna 

41-Ridgeway

42-Franklin 

43-Hardin Valley 

44-Fatgher Ryan

45-Bearden

46-Houston

47-Gallatin

48-Cleveland

49-Memphis Central 

50-Collierville

51-Summit 

52-Page

53-McMinn County 

54-Wilson Central

55-Shelbyville 

56-Crockett County 

57-Stewarts Creek 

58-Morristown West

59-South Doyle

60-Jefferson County 

61-Southwind

62-Powell 

63-Rossview 

64-Clarksville Northeast 

Public & Private together will equal another lawsuit. 

2 hours ago, Indian said:

Class 6A: 

1-Brentwood Academy

2-Murfreesboro Oakland 

3-Maryville 

4-McCallie

6-Whitehaven 

7-Knoxville Catholic 

8-Ravenwood 

9-Baylor 

11-Ensworth

12-Farragut 

13-Blackman

14-Independence 

15-Christian Brothers

16-Cane Ridge

17-Brentwood High School 

18-Briarcrest 

19-Knoxville Central 

20-Mt. Juliet 

21-Beech

22-Science Hill 

23-Henry County

24-Bradley Central 

25-Hillsboro

26-Dobyns-Bennett

27-Oak Ridge 

28-Fulton

29-Cordova

30-Ooltewah 

31-Hendersonville 

32-White Station 

33-Centennial 

34-Riverdale 

35-Knoxville West 

36-Rhea County 

37-Germantown

38-Cookeville 

39-Pope John Paul II 

40-Smyrna 

41-Ridgeway

42-Franklin 

43-Hardin Valley 

44-Fatgher Ryan

45-Bearden

46-Houston

47-Gallatin

48-Cleveland

49-Memphis Central 

50-Collierville

51-Summit 

52-Page

53-McMinn County 

54-Wilson Central

55-Shelbyville 

56-Crockett County 

57-Stewarts Creek 

58-Morristown West

59-South Doyle

60-Jefferson County 

61-Southwind

62-Powell 

63-Rossview 

64-Clarksville Northeast 

Nope!! Not until you end or severely limit scholarships.