Portland and Trousdale

football6

By the Numbers: Week 8 TC at Portland. Renewal of an Old Rivalry.

Match-Up History:   It's been awhile since Jacket fans have heard the Train Whistle. This is a series that dates back to at least the mid-50s if not sooner than that. My record show that the 2 schools faced off nearly every year from the 50s to the 80s before taking a break. The series resumed when the schools were placed in the same region in 2000. During that 4 year span, they faced off 5 times. Portland won the first and last of those, while the Jackets took the middle 3. The most recent game held had 2 legendary coaches in charge. For Trousdale Co., Coach Clint Satterfield still had the headset on. For the Panthers, Roger Perry held the title of Head Coach. 2004 was that year and the visitor’s from Portland claimed a rare lopsided victory on the Creekbank, 34-14. Overall, my records show they have faced each other at least 30 times with TC holding a slight series lead 17-13.  

For the rest of my weekly segment, check this week's episode of Burma Road, The Only Podcast for Your Trousdale Co. Yellow Jackets. This weeks show features a special co-host in Cal Welch. He and John discuss the ER game, this week's match-up, share a couple of stories from some Portland games they were apart of and finish the show off visiting with Portland's Head Ball Coach, Greg Cavanah. Following the links below to check it out! 

7 hours ago, RTD said:

The rain will be a bigger issue for Portland they throw the ball a lot more than TC. You are forgetting the starting QB from last year for first 8 games is still on TC in #5 also the backs up QB is a good player just young. Best thing about TC team this year the offense doesn’t run through just one player multiple yellow jackets can carry the rock and Do damage. I think when it comes playoff time the offense will change base on the team that TC is facing just like last year. To me, Hicks being out will be a bigger hit on the defensive secondary that is what worries me.

Not that big of a loss on defense, linarez plays safety with Ford moving to corner 

1 hour ago, football6 said:

Sounds to me like Rtd don't think he is we will see playoff time then. Cause he probably want be back.

I never said he wasn't a loss to the team now you putting words in my mouth. I said the complete opposite when a QB brings that much speed to the QB position in a wing t, of course, it's a loss. Hicks not playing isn't going to make the team better. Like I said losing a corner with that much speed as Hicks has makes the Tyner game even more difficult with the speed they have at WR. TC just has more depth than last year team and isn't dependent on one player like TC was last year in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, football6 said:

Football last thing on my mind anyway I gotta get my child healthy. heck he may not ever play football again and I be fine with that.But the Jackets gonna be fine we got a good team

I think TC can win out the season without him but playoffs a different story. I really felt he was the most impressive player I saw the night I watched TC. Bring that kid to Westmoreland where he can be appreciated more 6!