Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

7 minutes ago, notfairweather said:

Everyone we’ve played so far has been bigger than us. Our line is young but we have about 6 kids that can run the ball so no one gets all the carries. We have kids that can pound you or we have speed for outside and a decent passing game. So you can’t plan one dimensional. Not to mention our inside backs have speed also. We tackle well and don’t make a lot of mistakes that cause penalties. We had more against West Carroll that any other game I believe. Granted some say we haven’t played anyone yet but ain’t nobody beat us yet either. Granted McEwen is the best team we’ve played thus far and we have improved leaps since then. I do believe that we have more speed than Waverly this year and that is what will give us the W.

Your going to need more than just speed in my opinion.

1 hour ago, notfairweather said:

Everyone we’ve played so far has been bigger than us. Our line is young but we have about 6 kids that can run the ball so no one gets all the carries. We have kids that can pound you or we have speed for outside and a decent passing game. So you can’t plan one dimensional. Not to mention our inside backs have speed also. We tackle well and don’t make a lot of mistakes that cause penalties. We had more against West Carroll that any other game I believe. Granted some say we haven’t played anyone yet but ain’t nobody beat us yet either. Granted McEwen is the best team we’ve played thus far and we have improved leaps since then. I do believe that we have more speed than Waverly this year and that is what will give us the W.

This is a pretty fair assessment of your team in my opinion by the film I've seen and I'll have to say that y'all are pretty disciplined and coached well. I hope that we are taking y'all more serious than my gut tells me we are at the moment lol. I look for it to be a tight game but if we are undisciplined and aren't prepared for the battle it could be a sad trip home for us. 

21 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I still say Meigs is two to three touchdown behind Peabody 

Are you saying So. Pitt is better than Peabody? I am pretty certain that both LC and Huntingdon would give Peabody all they want. Not saying they would beat Peabody but it would be a war. Peabody is heads and shoulders above anyone in 2A. 

46 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Are you saying So. Pitt is better than Peabody? I am pretty certain that both LC and Huntingdon would give Peabody all they want. Not saying they would beat Peabody but it would be a war. Peabody is heads and shoulders above anyone in 2A. 

Absolutely not! And I really don’t see Huntingdon or LC being close to Peabody either. Y’all two might be able to hang with Peabody for about a Quarter or two. There is no way to know for sure so no need to talk about it really. I will more than likely be at the Huntingdon vs LC game to see who will face South Pittsburg or Greenback. My gut tells me it will be a LC vs South Pittsburg championship battle. I will have to say also I will be pulling for Huntingdon in that game just because of Croppy and Waker. Waker is upset with me right now but it’s all good. Those two are very good posters and represent their team very well. Nothing against LC Huntingdons just closer to home. It will take a very very good team to beat South Pittsburg I was very impressed. Peabody will repeat mark it down!

1 hour ago, Tigers6056 said:

This is a pretty fair assessment of your team in my opinion by the film I've seen and I'll have to say that y'all are pretty disciplined and coached well. I hope that we are taking y'all more serious than my gut tells me we are at the moment lol. I look for it to be a tight game but if we are undisciplined and aren't prepared for the battle it could be a sad trip home for us. 

Well at least it will be a short trip lol

57 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Meigs was having issues with players injured or sick all week. Yeti was filling me in on some stuff before the game. I watched the pregame and I thought Meigs was going to put a good on them but SP was a different animal at kickoff. If you really want to see a small town that eats breathes and sleep High school football take a trip to one of their games. It was amazing!

20 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Absolutely not! And I really don’t see Huntingdon or LC being close to Peabody either. Y’all two might be able to hang with Peabody for about a Quarter or two. There is no way to know for sure so no need to talk about it really. I will more than likely be at the Huntingdon vs LC game to see who will face South Pittsburg or Greenback. My gut tells me it will be a LC vs South Pittsburg championship battle. I will have to say also I will be pulling for Huntingdon in that game just because of Croppy and Waker. Waker is upset with me right now but it’s all good. Those two are very good posters and represent their team very well. Nothing against LC Huntingdons just closer to home. It will take a very very good team to beat South Pittsburg I was very impressed. Peabody will repeat mark it down!

Who you pull for is your business. I have no problem with that. Thanks for your opinion but we will have to agree to disagree about the Peabody thing. Many Peabody posters have seen LC play and think LC would give them all they want but we will never know. Again, thanks for opinion and answering my question.

22 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

LC has the balance to keep it knotted up with the Golden Tide thru 3 imo, depth and rotating linemen by the Tide and 4 stud running backs would create seperation in 4th Probably a 35 21 type game or closer, I am sorry Milan ran the same O against Stanks and had luck , Tide would be a match up nightmare for them, plain and simple 48 to 14 type game, people will say I am full of mess and yep I am but not about this,, remember each game is different and 1 D teams cannot hang with the Tide !!! I dont think we are head and shoulders better than all 2 A but I do think we are 14 points better in a best game on best game scenario , but when does that happen ?RARELY

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Who you pull for is your business. I have no problem with that. Thanks for your opinion but we will have to agree to disagree about the Peabody thing. Many Peabody posters have seen LC play and think LC would give them all they want but we will never know. Again, thanks for opinion and answering my question.

Only true difference is depth between LC amd PHS !!! LC has just as much talent just not the Line depth I think the Tide would win 7 outta 10 but would be a slugfest!!! 

22 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

LC has the balance to keep it knotted up with the Golden Tide thru 3 imo, depth and rotating linemen by the Tide and 4 stud running backs would create seperation in 4th Probably a 35 21 type game or closer, I am sorry Milan ran the same O against Stanks and had luck , Tide would be a match up nightmare for them, plain and simple 48 to 14 type game, people will say I am full of mess and yep I am but not about this,, remember each game is different and 1 D teams cannot hang with the Tide !!! I dont think we are head and shoulders better than all 2 A but I do think we are 14 points better in a best game on best game scenario , but when does that happen ?RARELY

Tab Vowel would stop that offense the Stangs run

36 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Your welcome bud. It’s just hard to judge sometimes and if I seen LC then I would be able to give a far assessment on that but it’s just my opinion. It would be awesome to watch. I mean I did pick Meigs to beat SP and look at what happened!

• CoachT locked this topic