Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

Anybody from Houston County want to talk football? Only thing I have heard about Houston County is they are 7-0 and they are going to beat waverly. Anybody from Houston County want to elaborate on how they think there team is going to do that. What’s going to be the difference in the game?

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Anybody from Houston County want to talk football? Only thing I have heard about Houston County is they are 7-0 and they are going to beat waverly. Anybody from Houston County want to elaborate on how they think there team is going to do that. What’s going to be the difference in the game?

Been bored this morning amd doing a lil research... This will be a good game but I think Wavo has the "Trench Warfare" edge, speed looks even to me , but it really does come down to which Waverly team shows up !! Waverly was my pick to face my Golden Tide deep in the playoffs , I wont waiver from that, but yall gotta meet this fella called Mr Consistency !!! Wavo will lean heavily on the RB and use ball control to get thw W by 7 this week !!! I dont think the Leprechauns have been hit in the mouth "yet" I dont throw the games against the same opponents thing out there ever simply because of how things go in our region over here in 7 !!! Match ups go game by game not season by season correct????  Exciting week ahead for both teams amd I hope the Leprechaun Coach T folk can at least hang with these obnoxious Wavo posters, at least the aint as bad as them Peabody Jerks !!!! 

I can tell you my opinion on the game. I think if we can keep Houston county from getting to the outside, limit our “penalties” , run the ball to control the clock, we will have a very good chance. I hope our DE and our OLB are being coached up this past two weeks. I would also like to see Rumsey on defense a lot more the young man is a beast and very fast for a big fella. This will be a battle for sure. Never thought I would say that about Houston county. I hope Boldin has put his two cents worth in on defense this past week or is going to this week . Houston county I can promise you y’all haven’t faced a experienced line like we have got and # 9 will lay the wood when he is on defense. I’m all about some good smack talk but would really like to hear how y’all are going to beat us. Penalties, special teams, and turnovers will be key. They always are against a quality opponent. 

Edited by vandyfan1

3 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Been bored this morning amd doing a lil research... This will be a good game but I think Wavo has the "Trench Warfare" edge, speed looks even to me , but it really does come down to which Waverly team shows up !! Waverly was my pick to face my Golden Tide deep in the playoffs , I wont waiver from that, but yall gotta meet this fella called Mr Consistency !!! Wavo will lean heavily on the RB and use ball control to get thw W by 7 this week !!! I dont think the Leprechauns have been hit in the mouth "yet" I dont throw the games against the same opponents thing out there ever simply because of how things go in our region over here in 7 !!! Match ups go game by game not season by season correct????  Exciting week ahead for both teams amd I hope the Leprechaun Coach T folk can at least hang with these obnoxious Wavo posters, at least the aint as bad as them Peabody Jerks !!!! 

We got a chance Pride they talk like they have already won!

6 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

We got a chance Pride they talk like they have already won!

Man  my friend that's what's weird about this year. It's just hard to tell. Records are very confusing in 2 a this year! I just don't see the separation I should in a Houston County type team at 7 and 0 and y'all. It is very similar in region 7 2 a, I mean look at McKenzie Gibson County Union City those records are deceiving.... GC donkey stomped UC and has a great record but I think UC is the way better team !!! Its crazy as always !!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Me and my friend that's what's weird about this year. It's just hard to tell. Records are very confusing in to a this year! I just don't see the separation I should in a Houston County type team at 7 and 0 and y'all. It is very similar in region 7 2 a, I mean look at McKenzie Gibson County Union City those records are deceiving.... GC donkey stomped UC and has a great record but I think UC is the way better team !!! Its crazy as always !!!

I was thinking the same thing bud

Everyone we’ve played so far has been bigger than us. Our line is young but we have about 6 kids that can run the ball so no one gets all the carries. We have kids that can pound you or we have speed for outside and a decent passing game. So you can’t plan one dimensional. Not to mention our inside backs have speed also. We tackle well and don’t make a lot of mistakes that cause penalties. We had more against West Carroll that any other game I believe. Granted some say we haven’t played anyone yet but ain’t nobody beat us yet either. Granted McEwen is the best team we’ve played thus far and we have improved leaps since then. I do believe that we have more speed than Waverly this year and that is what will give us the W.

2 minutes ago, notfairweather said:

Everyone we’ve played so far has been bigger than us. Our line is young but we have about 6 kids that can run the ball so no one gets all the carries. We have kids that can pound you or we have speed for outside and a decent passing game. So you can’t plan one dimensional. Not to mention our inside backs have speed also. We tackle well and don’t make a lot of mistakes that cause penalties. We had more against West Carroll that any other game I believe. Granted some say we haven’t played anyone yet but ain’t nobody beat us yet either. Granted McEwen is the best team we’ve played thus far and we have improved leaps since then. I do believe that we have more speed than Waverly this year and that is what will give us the W.

The only thing I’m worried about is y’all getting to the outside. You won’t beat us trying to pound it up the middle. From what my resources are telling me we are going to have a different look on offense and that will help. Kinda scratched my head on why it has taken this long for it to happen. 

• CoachT locked this topic