#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

6 hours ago, Tab said:

Both teams have to get thru the first 2 rounds  before they can meet again. Elizabethton won the 2nd half they were a lot better. Greeneville had it first and 10 at the 40 up by 7 and did nothing. I agree the coaching for greeneville was not that good but if elizabethton could snap the ball the game would have been over sooner.

He had one bad snap on offense, which is the first bad snap he has had since 8th grade. Give the kid a break. 

Yes and when elizabethton scored on 4th down. Greeneville clock management was a big play 1st half. If elizabethton would not have got that personal foul after 3rd down in 1st half they might have won going away. Because elizabethton would have got ball near mid field

6 minutes ago, Tab said:

I guess the high snaps on a couple extra points and one or 2 on punts dont count. Holly the holder made a couple of great plays getting the hold down

Nope, I was just talking about offense. Special teams is different. The one bad snap on offense was a originally supposed to be under center and therefore he had to change his grip when they checked out in the shotgun.  Our center has 2 different grips. One for under center and one for shotgun

What a game this was! I am from Greeneville and made the trip to Elizabethton because I knew this one would be a good one. I have one complaint though. The TSSAA. Why in the world would they have a Greeneville High School graduate as a referee this game? Also had his dad (who is a known Greene Devil supporter and very well could’ve went to Gville himself) as a referee running the clock. Some of you may know who I’m talking about. I won’t name any names. I just think they need to look into picking their officials a little better/smarter. Still a great game though. 

2 minutes ago, Tab said:

Yes I did see qb change from under center to shot gun. When it happened I said elizabethton tried to get too cute. Their line played good 

Yeah they did. Showed great resilience. I think Greeneville’s bigs just got a little tired.  I’m sure they will get it corrected by the 3rd round  where it will be another knock down drag out if we get the chance to meet again. 

9 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

Thanks Lawnman I hope so. Definitely made the road ahead tuffer tonight. I have a lot of frustration with the coaching staff right now. Just not sure this is the place or Time to say much about it. I would not want to do of say anything to take away from Elizabethton's Win they played a Great Game and Deserved to Win

Greeneville lost two very close games to two top ranked teams, on the road, after losing the talent they did from last years team, and you're questioning the coaches????  :wacko: