CENTRAL @ SOUTH DOYLE

dawgs82

Hate to say this, but this game will be FAR from easy. This is gonna be a battle and if we are missing a few key pieces we may be in trouble here. Not to mention, SD hasn’t forgot ab the 35-0 game from last year. The cards are definitely gonna be stacked against us in this game, we just have to keep composure and weather the storm because trust me there will be a storm.

59 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Hate to say this, but this game will be FAR from easy. This is gonna be a battle and if we are missing a few key pieces we may be in trouble here. Not to mention, SD hasn’t forgot ab the 35-0 game from last year. The cards are definitely gonna be stacked against us in this game, we just have to keep composure and weather the storm because trust me there will be a storm.

Hearing rumors of ejections for Central last night against Carter. What happened?

3 hours ago, knoxfan28 said:

Hearing rumors of ejections for Central last night against Carter. What happened?

Several versions of the story going around right now.  Nobody is exactly sure at this point. 

Going to have to wait until the TSSAA Bunker in Hermitage opens for business on Monday to see an official report.  

5 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

SD showed against Seymour that if you can shut down #2 they can be beat fairly easily.  They are to one dimensional for Central's defense. Central wins by 3 TD's if they are full strength.

Seymour got lucky with officiating. No one has stopped #2 yet this year but the officials. If your going to beat SD I don’t think it’s stopping their offense, I think you have to score on their defense. Halls was able to put up points with their run game which seems to be a weakness for SD. I don’t see Central running the ball on SD with that small of a offensive line and I don’t see them beating SD with speed on the perimeter with screens which they have been doing a lot of recently. Comes down to the trenches for me. Which o line is going to want it more.

31 minutes ago, knoxfan28 said:

Seymour got lucky with officiating. No one has stopped #2 yet this year but the officials. If your going to beat SD I don’t think it’s stopping their offense, I think you have to score on their defense. Halls was able to put up points with their run game which seems to be a weakness for SD. I don’t see Central running the ball on SD with that small of a offensive line and I don’t see them beating SD with speed on the perimeter with screens which they have been doing a lot of recently. Comes down to the trenches for me. Which o line is going to want it more.

Knox, I agree that the ejection hurt SD, but I have a problem with the fact the SD probably had 10X the athletes on their sidelines that Seymour had and couldn't push a score on the board. I think it goes deeper than #2. What TEAM falls apart with the loss of one player, especially when you have the better athletes? This time of year (at least the last 2 or 3 years) SD's mental toughness has come into question. No way Central was 35-0 better than SD last year. There was a total SD breakdown.

I think if you get SD down, the breakdown will come.

8 hours ago, knoxfan28 said:

Nothing to report here, I’m just speaking in general. Need to get our best RB healthy. From everyone I’ve talked to if we contain E Young we’ll be ok. But as some have pointed to, it’s baffling that with all their weapons that only Young has been productive. Curtis and Adebeyo are good players, crazy they aren’t producing more on Offense.

42 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Nothing to report here, I’m just speaking in general. Need to get our best RB healthy. From everyone I’ve talked to if we contain E Young we’ll be ok. But as some have pointed to, it’s baffling that with all their weapons that only Young has been productive. Curtis and Adebeyo are good players, crazy they aren’t producing more on Offense.

Watched the replay this morning and 2 Central players were definitely ejected, I am just not sure which ones. Adversity is a tough thing for this SD team, I will completely agree with that. We did have big plays against Seymour, each of which was called back. It is hard to get other offensive players productive when Young takes two 80 yard runs to the end zone. SD is not just feeding him the ball. He averaged 20 yards a carry last night on only 15 carries. 

FWIW . I heard Central had 3 players that got 2 unsportsmanlike penalties each and ejected.  I think that means they are out for next week. Central had 2 coaches ejected and Carter HC got tossed.   I bet that was an ugly scene.  So, Central could be down 3 players (two starters) and 2 coaches.  Of course there will be video sent in along with appeals etc. etc.  It will be interesting to see the end result.  Either way this can't be good for Central.  These two teams very likely will meet again in the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

FWIW . I heard Central had 3 players that got 2 unsportsmanlike penalties each and ejected.  I think that means they are out for next week. Central had 2 coaches ejected and Carter HC got tossed.   I bet that was an ugly scene.  So, Central could be down 3 players (two starters) and 2 coaches.  Of course there will be video sent in along with appeals etc. etc.  It will be interesting to see the end result.  Either way this can't be good for Central.  These two teams very likely will meet again in the playoffs.  

Not calling you out, but whoever told you all that happened, they are incorrect friend. I was there and watched the game, the ENTIRE game.