CENTRAL @ SOUTH DOYLE

dawgs82

32 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Gap integrity was a huge problem in the first three quarters against OR. I'll give OR some credit for that. Spreading the field definitely effected the way Powell defended OR up front, and OR was able to create enough space for Jackson to get to the second level repeatedly.

I would expect SD to try and do the same.

I absolutely agree. However, I can’t help but feel like their offensive scheme attributed to that some. They did execute their plan very well, I can’t argue that, but I think if they ran something Powell is more accustomed to seeing the outcome wouldn’t be the same. I think EY will still get his this week

Edited by KnoxPhoto

12 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

im not sure this team makes it out of round 2, let alone round 1. 

Madhatter, wishful thinking? Central isn't going anywhere. I won't make excuses, both teams had to deal with the weather, SD game plan was exactly what it needed to be. Two years ago Central went to SD and lost only to come back in the quarter finals and beat them. It hurt to have Bost get hurt last night. He and Valentine were the headhunters on the team. Looked like a season ending injury for Bost. That being said, with TN High knocking off DC last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-5A sweep the first round games with 1-5A. 

7 minutes ago, knoxfan28 said:

Right at 1600 and 31 rushing TDs. Gonna be him and Briggs up for Mr Football. 

Briggs does not have those TD numbers.  He would be right there with him with the rushing numbers had he not sat out a game.  Briggs is right at 1500.  He also has a lot of yardage as punt returner.  I just foresee a Gallatin Mr Football candidate getting beat out again by an East Tennessee guy.  Happened twice already.  

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Madhatter, wishful thinking? Central isn't going anywhere. I won't make excuses, both teams had to deal with the weather, SD game plan was exactly what it needed to be. Two years ago Central went to SD and lost only to come back in the quarter finals and beat them. It hurt to have Bost get hurt last night. He and Valentine were the headhunters on the team. Looked like a season ending injury for Bost. That being said, with TN High knocking off DC last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-5A sweep the first round games with 1-5A. 

im a central fan. why would I wish that? Lol

1 minute ago, madhatter2269 said:

im a central fan. why would I wish that? Lol

also, 2 years ago central and SD were both 7-6 going into that matchup into the playoffs. SD is years better than that team years ago, and that really doesn’t matter anyways. im a bigger central fan than most, but their schedule was absolutely weak leading up to this game. their best win to date I guess is halls? I hate to say it but unless something weird happens Powell will represent the East. scheduling Greeneville and AC has helped them wonders. I also don’t see how you can say gibbs or halls or even Seymour could travel in round 1 and beat TN high. just bc this team won state a year ago does not mean they will this year. gotta put down the koolaid at some point. 

13 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

also, 2 years ago central and SD were both 7-6 going into that matchup into the playoffs. SD is years better than that team years ago, and that really doesn’t matter anyways. im a bigger central fan than most, but their schedule was absolutely weak leading up to this game. their best win to date I guess is halls? I hate to say it but unless something weird happens Powell will represent the East. scheduling Greeneville and AC has helped them wonders. I also don’t see how you can say gibbs or halls or even Seymour could travel in round 1 and beat TN high. just bc this team won state a year ago does not mean they will this year. gotta put down the koolaid at some point. 

Don’t know what SD Powell will look like next week but if they meet in the semis I’ll still take SD. Centrals defense is far better than Powell’s and Oak Ridge proved you can run and put up big numbers on Powell. Powell has depth and is a 4th QTR team but if SD can turn on the rushing game again I’ll take them.

Wether anyone wants to admit it or not, the weather was the deciding factor in that game last night. We are a passing team this year and anyone watching could see neither team had a chance at throwing in that monsoon last night. Not to mention we had a very hard time holding onto the ball when we are usually sure handed. With that being said, SD had a smart gameplan. Why not just snap the ball to 1 guy and let him run downhill for at minimum 3-4 yards a carry? And when you got a guy as good as Young, he’s gonna eventually pop a big one or two. It was the perfect storm, literally, for SD last night. If both teams play again, it WILL be a different story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Wether anyone wants to admit it or not, the weather was the deciding factor in that game last night. We are a passing team this year and anyone watching could see neither team had a chance at throwing in that monsoon last night. Not to mention we had a very hard time holding onto the ball when we are usually sure handed. With that being said, SD had a smart gameplan. Why not just snap the ball to 1 guy and let him run downhill for at minimum 3-4 yards a carry? And when you got a guy as good as Young, he’s gonna eventually pop a big one or two. It was the perfect storm, literally, for SD last night. If both teams play again, it WILL be a different story.

Yes because if we get to play again we will have #10 back at QB. 

1 hour ago, knoxfan28 said:

Don’t know what SD Powell will look like next week but if they meet in the semis I’ll still take SD. Centrals defense is far better than Powell’s and Oak Ridge proved you can run and put up big numbers on Powell. Powell has depth and is a 4th QTR team but if SD can turn on the rushing game again I’ll take them.

Just curious as to how you determined the Central D is far better than Powell’s? 

6 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Just curious as to how you determined the Central D is far better than Powell’s? 

Statistically. TSSAA reports all points for and against. In their 21 game win streak they had the least points against them. Centrals DBs are far better than Powell’s. Fortner is better than Colton Webb. Now Powell’s Dline and LBs are better than centrals but how healthy is #44 for Powell? They eventually figured it out against Oak Ridge but you could tell Powell just scrambling trying to figure out ways to stop oak ridge running game because big #55 couldn’t squeeze to save his life.