Watertown @ Baxter ( Upperman)

H2Oman

8 hours ago, HC116 said:

Back to the game lol. This is a real interesting matchup, on paper it looks like it should be really close, but I'm not convinced. H20 only beating Gordy by 6 and Dekalb by 22 could be warning signs in this one. The UHS defense is incredibly good, arguably the second best 3A defense in the state. I think UHS wins this one by about 10. 

We played like crap in the Gordonsville game, 1st game of the year. Had a new QB and 2 new lineman, the center and RT. The center has been replaced after 3 games and the RG was moved to RT and a new guard was placed. That shored up the line. We still have problems every drive, it seems a back or receiver likes to move before the snap just about each play. But I will have to say the line play is a whole lot better now. The defense sworms to the ball, very seldon is there one person making the tackle. They can put plenty of pressuer on the QB.

No we haven't blown teams out like we did last year, but we lost a very special player from that team and a few other key pieces. I think this team has come along way and is finally playing as a team. I am looking forward to a good game, yep I would love to win, but either way I think it will be good for us to play some good competition this late in the season, help us going into the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballFan4life75 said:

We played like crap in the Gordonsville game, 1st game of the year. Had a new QB and 2 new lineman, the center and RT. The center has been replaced after 3 games and the RG was moved to RT and a new guard was placed. That shored up the line. We still have problems every drive, it seems a back or receiver likes to move before the snap just about each play. But I will have to say the line play is a whole lot better now. The defense sworms to the ball, very seldon is there one person making the tackle. They can put plenty of pressuer on the QB.

No we haven't blown teams out like we did last year, but we lost a very special player from that team and a few other key pieces. I think this team has come along way and is finally playing as a team. I am looking forward to a good game, yep I would love to win, but either way I think it will be good for us to play some good competition this late in the season, help us going into the playoffs.

You are correct! In the long run last yr it hurt Watertown by not being in any games! They went 11 games in between the tc games really only  playing a quarter of a game.  This will help win or lose during  playoffs .

Edited by biggest
  • Upvote 1

My final thoughts on this game is that H2O will have to play a near perfect game to compete with this Baxter team. ( they are the real deal) 

if H2O has the issues they’ve been having with fumbles and penalties on offense they will get beat.They will not out athlete the Bees.

I still however think either way that this H2O defense keeps it close. I hope we have that perfect game, but until I see it happen I am going to say Baxter 14 - H20 0.

I hope H2O proves me wrong, but either way this is going to be a game that will help come playoff time.

11 hours ago, H2Oman said:

My final thoughts on this game is that H2O will have to play a near perfect game to compete with this Baxter team. ( they are the real deal) 

if H2O has the issues they’ve been having with fumbles and penalties on offense they will get beat.They will not out athlete the Bees.

I still however think either way that this H2O defense keeps it close. I hope we have that perfect game, but until I see it happen I am going to say Baxter 14 - H20 0.

I hope H2O proves me wrong, but either way this is going to be a game that will help come playoff time.

Who are you and what have you done with H20MAN?

31 minutes ago, biggest said:

Who are you and what have you done with H20MAN?

Either it's an attempt at sandbagging or he has realized the aforementioned foe is a threat and that Upperman may be the favorite! I think it's a sandbagging attempt though! :lol:

Edited by Imthayeti