Watertown @ Baxter ( Upperman)

H2Oman

48 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Best player on UHS, OL/ DL was out, he would have made the gap much wider. 

There was no gap bud...  You guys have been listening to too many TC and Westy posters and got shocked by a better than you all expected H2O team.

I read and listened to what all y’all guys on the plateau were thinking was going to happen. 

You all thought you were going to run all over us and it didn’t happen. 

I do  have to say Baxter was the better team last night simply because the scoreboard said UHS 21 and H2O 20,  but there was no gap talent or effort wise. You all just made more plays than we did. Bottom line!

You can think what you want to or need to think, but anyone who wasn’t wearing black and gold or purple and white shades will say that was a great game played by TWO good evenly matched teams.

Edited by H2Oman
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:51 PM, crow said:

Upperman is a very good team. Don't know anything about Watertown this year but hear they're very good also. Upperman, in my opinion, is the best overall team we've played. I'm sure Watertown is more than capable but I think Upperman might edge this one. Their QB is "that kind" of player. One thing for sure, Upperman was one of the classiest teams both players and staff I've ever had the privilege to watch. We're off, I might make the trip to this one. 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I read and listened to what all y’all guys on the plateau were thinking was going to happen. 

As a "guy from the plateau" it seem appropriate to remind you what I actually said.

4 hours ago, crow6424 said:

We are all classy programs. Things get heated in close games. All teams are really good and I will be rooting for all of these teams.

Yes, I agree. Just wanted to be clear some were giving Watertown quite a bit of respect long before the game was played. I know how upperman conducts themselves, saw it first hand in a game that a lot of teams could lose their cool in. 

I wasn’t even thinking or talking about Oneida ( I consider them to be more Jelico mountain)or really to MANY UHS fans on the T.  I was more talking about your Upper Cumberland folks on Facebook and the many people I spoke to up there in the area.

Everyone looked at that Gordonsville score and thought we were overrated. That is why Westy is having such a hard time letting it go IMO. They really thought they were going to have a chance to beat us and that didn’t happen and wasn’t even close. ( on a day where we honestly didn’t play good)

If our team would of played like they played Thursday, none of our games wouldn’t have of been as  close with the exception of TC maybe. Our team grew up and played like I expected them to do all year and I am excited to see what our future holds!

44 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I wasn’t even thinking or talking about Oneida ( I consider them to be more Jelico mountain)or really to MANY UHS fans on the T.  I was more talking about your Upper Cumberland folks on Facebook and the many people I spoke to up there in the area.

Everyone looked at that Gordonsville score and thought we were overrated. That is why Westy is having such a hard time letting it go IMO. They really thought they were going to have a chance to beat us and that didn’t happen and wasn’t even close. ( on a day where we honestly didn’t play good)

If our team would of played like they played Thursday, none of our games wouldn’t have of been as  close with the exception of TC maybe. Our team grew up and played like I expected them to do all year and I am excited to see what our future holds!

Gotcha, technically we're considered the plateau but not much flat ground here lol. At any rate I had a suspicion it might be a good one. I wasn't sure if Watertown was on the same level as upperman. Upperman is a very good team. Apparently Watertown is also. 

14 hours ago, H2Oman said:

There was no gap bud...  You guys have been listening to too many TC and Westy posters and got shocked by a better than you all expected H2O team.

I do  have to say Baxter was the better team last night simply because the scoreboard said UHS 21 and H2O 20,  but there was no gap talent or effort wise. You all just made more plays than we did. Bottom line!

You can think what you want to or need to think, but anyone who wasn’t wearing black and gold or purple and white shades will say that was a great game played by TWO good evenly matched teams.

I think the best OL/DL in 8aa, a kid 6'4 300 would have made a big impact. Ask Cookeville....he is a huge loss to UHS. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spelling