Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

Super proud of Oak Ridge.Unreal job by the coaches and players this yr.Cant say enuff about the turnaround on offense.K.Jackson has improved so much since wk 1 that I just dont see how he don't dominate next 2 years.Can anybody tell me whats up with 11 from Oak Ridge?I thought he was our best DB until he got hurt at CC and I was told he tore his ACL.But then he was out there playing last night until he hurt it again around 2nd qtr.I thought Powell was for sure the better team but Oak Ridge deserved to win.Key play with under 9 min K.Jackson has one man to beat and  gets tackled by his shoelace or would've busted another 80 plus yarder.Instead its 2nd and inches and Oak Ridge runs a dumb play and loses 3 or 4 and turns it in to 3rd and 4 or 5.So instead of long td to go up 2 scores Oak Ridge went 3 and out and only ran couple of mins off clock.I hated to see that hold called after 14 just made a great play. Powell held all night(At least 10 times) and that's what I could see from stands.Ive only got to watch a 1st qtr on tv and Powells 1st td is because our best player 44 is being held  with 2 hands as 3 turns corner and his jersey is pulled so far down you can see his pads.I don't know how ref misses it.But many holds are not called I get that.But its bad when you see it going on all night and ref decides to call it as you are taking off for easy 1st down and more on game winning drive.And Ive not watched on tape but from the stands the ref throws the flag after Gibbons is already out of pocket and turning the corner.But for sure not blaming refs for loss because Oak Ridge still could've won. Im super pumped for next 3 to 5 yrs at Oak Ridge.And good for those SRs at Powell who was getting beat to death as FR and Sophs to stick it out and win some big games as SRs.

27 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Super proud of Oak Ridge.Unreal job by the coaches and players this yr.Cant say enuff about the turnaround on offense.K.Jackson has improved so much since wk 1 that I just dont see how he don't dominate next 2 years.Can anybody tell me whats up with 11 from Oak Ridge?I thought he was our best DB until he got hurt at CC and I was told he tore his ACL.But then he was out there playing last night until he hurt it again around 2nd qtr.I thought Powell was for sure the better team but Oak Ridge deserved to win.Key play with under 9 min K.Jackson has one man to beat and  gets tackled by his shoelace or would've busted another 80 plus yarder.Instead its 2nd and inches and Oak Ridge runs a dumb play and loses 3 or 4 and turns it in to 3rd and 4 or 5.So instead of long td to go up 2 scores Oak Ridge went 3 and out and only ran couple of mins off clock.I hated to see that hold called after 14 just made a great play. Powell held all night(At least 10 times) and that's what I could see from stands.Ive only got to watch a 1st qtr on tv and Powells 1st td is because our best player 44 is being held  with 2 hands as 3 turns corner and his jersey is pulled so far down you can see his pads.I don't know how ref misses it.But many holds are not called I get that.But its bad when you see it going on all night and ref decides to call it as you are taking off for easy 1st down and more on game winning drive.And Ive not watched on tape but from the stands the ref throws the flag after Gibbons is already out of pocket and turning the corner.But for sure not blaming refs for loss because Oak Ridge still could've won. Im super pumped for next 3 to 5 yrs at Oak Ridge.And good for those SRs at Powell who was getting beat to death as FR and Sophs to stick it out and win some big games as SRs.

It was a great game to watch for sure. Oak Ridge gave it a great shot and fought their tails off. Here’s the play I think you’re talking about with Gibbons right before he breaks it. #15 is being grabbed by his collar/shoulder pads and is being pulled down. This is where the hold was called 1FDEA1F4-35FC-4220-B867-B43282EEE9BC.jpeg.adfa2f53508dc17409d2cb25491c88ab.jpeg

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

It was a great game to watch for sure. Oak Ridge gave it a great shot and fought their tails off. Here’s the play I think you’re talking about with Gibbons right before he breaks it. #15 is being grabbed by his collar/shoulder pads and is being pulled down. This is where the hold was called 1FDEA1F4-35FC-4220-B867-B43282EEE9BC.jpeg.adfa2f53508dc17409d2cb25491c88ab.jpeg

Yup. They may have missed a few, but they don't get anymore obvious than the one that sprung Gibbons on that play. 77 was beat at the snap so he grabbed Webb's collar.

53 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yup. They may have missed a few, but they don't get anymore obvious than the one that sprung Gibbons on that play. 77 was beat at the snap so he grabbed Webb's collar.

It was definitely holding on our LT, but what sucks is he really didn’t even need to with our RB coming up to chip #15. Oh well, that’s just the way it goes sometimes. You win some, you lose some.

Edited by SweetScience

On 10/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, KnoxPhoto said:

No doubt a hold.But from stands it looked like ref waited to throw flag whenMitchell takes off 3 or 4 secs after the hold.But if u rewatch it go watch 44-Adams(Who about made every tackle) get held on Powells 1st TD.One of the Powell OTs held a lot.But if I had to guess 77 for Oak Ridge had to hold a lot because 15 is good and 77 is just a soph.Anyway I think both teams got better and it was a fun game