Covington at McNairy Central

Macnarry

Last week of the regular season has arrived and 4 teams in the region have everything to play for.

For this game, the big focus is going to be on the Covington defense vs the McNairy offense. The most points Covington has given up this year is 20 and the least amount of points Mcnairy offense has scored is 20. 

The Key to the Game: Can McNairy slow down the Covington run game.

All the talk can be about the Covington D vs McNairy O. But, this game will come down to is McNairy able to slow down the Covington running game. I believe McNairy will score between 20 to 30 points this game. Will their defense do enough to be able to win this game?

Really hard to see the playoffs starting and Covington not being in them, especially with the success they have had the last 2 years. This region has been quite entertaining this year. I think Covington puts it all together and finds a way to win this one, no way Coach Kirby wants to miss the playoffs his first year at the helm of the Charger program! :thumb:

I still Say the bobcats will win and will make some noise in the playoffs. When I saw Them play SG I could See all the pieces. That night the bobcats hurt themselves. Allowing the opening kickoff run back for a score. Then they had at least 3 drive killing penalties. But yet they were still in the game. No disrespect to SG. Bobcats have Austin Scott. And their QB can throw the ball and has wheels. Bobcats D to me is good. But they are really good against a run dominant team. I think McNairy will prevail this week and people better watch out if they have to face them a second go around. Just my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I still Say the bobcats will win and will make some noise in the playoffs. When I saw Them play SG I could See all the pieces. That night the bobcats hurt themselves. Allowing the opening kickoff run back for a score. Then they had at least 3 drive killing penalties. But yet they were still in the game. No disrespect to SG. Bobcats have Austin Scott. And their QB can throw the ball and has wheels. Bobcats D to me is good. But they are really good against a run dominant team. I think McNairy will prevail this week and people better watch out if they have to face them a second go around. Just my opinion. 

Yeah and that's been a huge problem we have had all year especially in the games we lost. We have had bad penalties either kill drives or extended the opposing teams drives. Also, the two games we lost we gave up a kick return for a TD. 

I do believe we are starting to play our best ball. Outside of the 4th quarter in the Milan game we played well. Then last week, we completely dominated Lexington. Had a running clock at the end of the 3rd. Lexington isn't a powerhouse but I expected some resistance from them. We never punted and made plays on defense. I expected them to make some plays in the passing game, they missed some throws but overall, we played pretty well against the pass for the 1st time this year. Hope to take the momentum into Friday.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, ManOfMillions said:

It is going to be interesting to see if Covington goes with the WingT or the option this Friday in a must win. I believe they will go back to the wingT. 

Should be a good one. 

That's the major problem, they don't know what they wanna do. They don't have an identity this year. Indecision/Indecisive. They wanna do what everyone else is doing. 

Still despite this fact, No way Covington loses to McNairy. Though Covington is shook & lacking direction Covington still has too many athletes. 

Covington defense will shut down McNairy.

Covington   42

McNairy        7

31 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

That's the major problem, they don't know what they wanna do. They don't have an identity this year. Indecision/Indecisive. They wanna do what everyone else is doing. 

Still despite this fact, No way Covington loses to McNairy. Though Covington is shook & lacking direction Covington still has too many athletes. 

Covington   42

McNairy        7

Sorry but no way McNairy gets held to 7 points. 

3 hours ago, wolfchase said:

Covington   42

McNairy        7

Wolfchase, 

WOW! that is a bold prediction. I am not going to call you crazy, but I am going to say that I personally think that you are way off base on this prediction. 

I do not care what offense Covington comes out in they are going to have to play a stout defense from McNairy. 

Also, McNairy will move the ball and score some points. 

Score is probably going to be something like 21-24,  17-24,  27-28.  Relatively lower scoring game but no where near a 35 point blowout. 

JMO. 

23 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Wolfchase, 

WOW! that is a bold prediction. I am not going to call you crazy, but I am going to say that I personally think that you are way off base on this prediction. 

I do not care what offense Covington comes out in they are going to have to play a stout defense from McNairy. 

Also, McNairy will move the ball and score some points. 

Score is probably going to be something like 21-24,  17-24,  27-28.  Relatively lower scoring game but no where near a 35 point blowout. 

JMO. 

Must be a full moon on Halloween. I agree With you. Hahahahaha

On 10/30/2019 at 6:48 PM, wolfchase said:

Covington   42

McNairy        7

Hahahaha!  You’re smoking some strong Halloween stuff!!  I’ve seen both teams play.  Bobcats win this one by a TD.  Bobcats will make a deep run in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Must be a full moon on Halloween. I agree With you. Hahahahaha

Its " full " of something.... 35 point blowout is nasty wrong. I have seen both of these teams play and I bet my Granddads farm that it is closer than that. I will say that Covington has better athletes across the board but it takes more that just athletes to win at this level. 

I am in NO way smearing either program. Both are respectable and should be. They both have great football teams and should be proud of them. 

This is a toss up IMO. If it were at Covington I would pick Covington by 10. But since the game is at McScary I am going to pick McNasty to win by a last drive field goal. 

Covington - 21

McNairy - 24

What really is crying shame is that if McNairy does not win this game they are out! IT IS A CRIME! HORRIBLE! TERRIBLE! 

They are one of the very best teams we played this year and they are playing for their playoff lives in this contest. 

Adding a little more sugar to the pot Covington must win this contest if they want to guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs this year. If they lose this contest and Milan does not beat Westview COVINGTON WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!! 

THIS REGION IS ABSOLUTELY RUTHLESS!!!!!  IS COVINGTON NOT EVEN MAKING THE PLAYOFFS A POSSIBILITY??? YES IT IS!!! 

WELCOME TO THE WORLD THAT IS REGION 7 -3a. 

I will be keeping my ear to ground for this contest. I think this is the game of the week. Both teams are going to pull EVERYTHING out of the bag to get this win. I hope it is a clean game that is not decided by the refs. I also, hope this this a injury free game for both teams.