Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, Jimbob9 said:

So if the have change of address they could then transfer to county school correct? 
sounds like they could just move anywhere within the county even one street over then become eligible   

More to it than that, and that's why I said that it's the responsibility of the administration to acquire and understand the rules before they petition TSSAA. You stated city school to county after participating, and I'd think that it would be allowed with a legit move (even across the street)… if they weren't included in the city bus zone. Unless it's a private, then they are saddled with a 20 mile circumference... is he/she within that? It also might matter whether or not the student applies to transfer to the school which runs a bus to his/her address (you said there were three), or the one that does not. And it might make a difference if the school he/she is transferring to hires one of the parents. Also, if they owned their home, did they sell the property or keep it for a rental? If the reason for the address change happens to be a divorce, does the other parent still reside at the former address? If the athlete moves in with a grandparent, are they the official custodian? There are usually obscure points missed in these situations that determine the outcome, and though I'm sort of familiar with some of them, I'm definitely not qualified to give you a yes or no in your hypothetical scenario, and I doubt that many people across the state know the policy well enough to assess all cases. It's much better to have policy in hand, do some heavy investigative work in checking all the boxes, and hope that you didn't miss anything that someone else catches on to.

Edited by tradertwo