Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, PullinGuard said:

Ok, has been a good discussion, but I'm out.

Later -

@PullinGuard thank you for all the background work you did to try to explain a very muddy and ambiguous interpretation and subsequent decision by the "higher power" in this case.  while i, and many more FHS supporters are very disappointed in the end result, I hope that TSSAA takes this opportunity to clarify this ruling for the future.  As has been stated before, the potential impact on multiple school systems in our state is enormous.  But if all it takes is for one or multiple complaints of a cleared student-athlete's status from individuals with a hidden agenda, then we all need to be careful.  If the status quo continues for TSSAA to be aware of violations yet not investigate those violations because "no one has complained" then no one school system/program is safe.  This "Black Tuesday" will repeat itself.   I would hope that going forward, the membership requests transparency in the ruling and interpretation of that rule to avoid this same situation from affecting their teams/schools.  While participating with TSSAA is voluntary, the obligation of the governing body is to fairly and equitably administer the rules and by=laws for all the members without prejudice or favoritism or ambiguity. 

Even though R-5 will not be represented by Fayetteville High School in the playoffs this year, I wish all most of our teams the best of luck in the coming weeks. And to the rest of R=5, watch out, we're starting to work for next year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Varo said:

@PullinGuard thank you for all the background work you did to try to explain a very muddy and ambiguous interpretation and subsequent decision by the "higher power" in this case.  while i, and many more FHS supporters are very disappointed in the end result, I hope that TSSAA takes this opportunity to clarify this ruling for the future.  As has been stated before, the potential impact on multiple school systems in our state is enormous.  But if all it takes is for one or multiple complaints of a cleared student-athlete's status from individuals with a hidden agenda, then we all need to be careful.  If the status quo continues for TSSAA to be aware of violations yet not investigate those violations because "no one has complained" then no one school system/program is safe.  This "Black Tuesday" will repeat itself.   I would hope that going forward, the membership requests transparency in the ruling and interpretation of that rule to avoid this same situation from affecting their teams/schools.  While participating with TSSAA is voluntary, the obligation of the governing body is to fairly and equitably administer the rules and by=laws for all the members without prejudice or favoritism or ambiguity. 

Even though R-5 will not be represented by Fayetteville High School in the playoffs this year, I wish all most of our teams the best of luck in the coming weeks. And to the rest of R=5, watch out, we're starting to work for next year. 

Good luck to Fayetteville and the kids. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Truthsayer12 said:

Make no mistake.  This should scare people.  How is this applied to systems that do not run bus routes like Tullahoma. How does it apply to other systems that run a mile bus route but bulk of students must provide transportation.  So does this mean that this particular rule is interpreted differently depending on who you are or where you are? How is that going to work. This also sends a message.  The TSSAA has TOTAL power.  They are accountable to NO one. When do you know how this rule applies to you (maybe after your season is played and your competitor wants in.) Maybe it depends on if your bud has power in the TSSAA or if you are a nobody. Smart coaches that know they can't get in on their teams ability can lay in wait and put this out at the end of the season. What you gonna do? Lets face it Fayetteville was beat before they started.  TSSAA was never going to overturn the decision of their crony.  Does anyone know of a time when this board didn't upload the decision of their bud? Make no mistake. Adults laid in wait on these kids to cut them, and don't fool yourself you could be next.

This is a little dramatic but I know if it happened to Forrest I'd be starting about 19 ALL CAPS threads on here so I get it. 

25 minutes ago, Varo said:

The problem is, if in 3 months they decide they were wrong, the playoffs are over. Why not let them play THEN sort it out.  

4 hours ago, rlh said:

Childress was going by the paperwork turned in by FV.  That's the problem.  The principal and coach should have known about transfer rules.  They turned it in with incorrect boxes checked and got called on it later.

So I ask again does this mean this bus ruling applies to everyone in the state or does it depend on who you are?  Maybe who complains about you. Better hope Huntland doesn’t get put in your district. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Truthsayer12 said:

So I ask again does this mean this bus ruling applies to everyone in the state or does it depend on who you are?  Maybe who complains about you. Better hope Huntland doesn’t get put in your district. 

The bus ruling applies to everyone regarding transfers in Div 1.  Some school systems are set up differently and that creates a lot of confusion.  Plus, people over look that being able to attend a certain school for academic reasons is mutually exclusive to athletic reasons.  If the student this case revolves around had been an incoming Freshman that hadn't been held back, he would have been good to go. 

4 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

There's a Q/A section that touches on that.  Says area-wide schools are schools similar, but not limited to magnet schools, etc., that have no bus routes but which are open to all kids within the system.

Good question - took me a few days to figure that out myself (with @Southtowner 's help.

I think that's the clarification that's needed.  Remove 'bus routes' and add  'zone specific bus routes' and add a high school in a single HS system as an example.  Would clear all of this up.  For Fayetteville, LCHS, Tullahoma, Coffee County, and no telling how many others.

Q. What is meant by the term “system-wide” public school in the definition of “territory” as defined in the Definitions? A. A system-wide public school is a school without geographic zones or bus routes that draws students throughout the school system. Examples of system-wide public schools are, but not limited to: Chattanooga School for the Arts & Sciences, Martin Luther King, the magnet portion of Liberty Technology High School, etc.

So by this definition, FC is not a system wide school because the DO have a defined geographic region and defined bus routes.