Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

3 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

And that means nothing unless you are willing to make assumptions with no guidance from the rules.  If you think it does, it's no wonder that you believe what you do.

If a school has no buses, does that mean it has no territory?  The answer is yes according to this logic. 

You just went and slid a criteria that isn't part of this equation.  Furthermore, you know that there is a major difference when something requires AND, OR, or And/or.  Lastly, I wanted to see FV in the playoffs at 10 - 0.  However, this is on the principal and coach because they likely knew this was dodgy from the 1st day of school.  Additionally, why did they move into the county and not into FV city limits if it was such a big deal he play at FV?  Why didn't he play at Lincoln County?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, Vandychris said:

This from my daughter in law, who graduated Lincoln County High and has a sibling currently in LCHS. LCHS and Fayetteville city do not share busing. It is open enrollment throughout the county. If you can get to the school you can go there. LCHS has no buses within the city limits. Fayetteville City has no buses in the county.IF you live in the city you can go to LCHS but provide your own transportation. Same with Fayetteville City-if you live in the county you can go to City but must provide your own transportation.

I think the issue on eligibility comes in prior to their participation in Alabama. Were they part of the LCHS system as an athlete before going to participate in Alabama or was he originally at City?

6 minutes ago, rlh said:

You just went and slid a criteria that isn't part of this equation.  Furthermore, you know that there is a major difference when something requires AND, OR, or And/or.  Lastly, I wanted to see FV in the playoffs at 10 - 0.  However, this is on the principal and coach because they likely knew this was dodgy from the 1st day of school.  Additionally, why did they move into the county and not into FV city limits if it was such a big deal he play at FV?  Why didn't he play at Lincoln County?

I have no idea why they preferred FHS, but they did.  The two schools are very different and there could be any number of good reasons. 

They would have moved into Fayetteville proper, but it was everyone's understanding that this was no issue up to and including when Childress made his ruling in September.  I don't think one soul involved in the school system or the family thought there was any issue at all until Oct 15th.  Especially after the TSSAA ruled him eligible based on the correct address. 

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PullinGuard said:

I have no idea why they preferred FHS, but they did.  The two schools are very different and there could be any number of good reasons. 

They would have moved into Fayetteville proper, but it was everyone's understanding that this was no issue up to and including when Childress made his ruling in September.  I don't think one soul involved thought there was any issue at all until Oct 15th.  

The truly unfortunate thing is this kid wasn't an impact player, but it cost FV dearly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rlh said:

The truly unfortunate thing is this kid wasn't an impact player, but it cost FV dearly.

I think that makes it clear no one thought there was any issue.  I understand he was hurt early in the season and didn't play a lot or have a ton of impact after a knee injury.  Still played some.  If the school or family imagined in the slightest that there was any question, I don't think he would have played after the injury. 

Edited by PullinGuard

2 minutes ago, 91goldeneagle said:

I dont know but it's my understanding that the ruling in September was based on "information provided"

Which included the exact and correct address.  I've seen Bernard Childress refer to their internal system for typing in an address to check it. 

That differentiates this situation from most.  Usually, in cases like this, it turns out the address was wrong or invalid, etc.

Edited by PullinGuard

I think that makes it clear no one thought there was any issue.  I understand he was hurt early in the season and didn't play a lot or have a ton of impact after a knee injury.  Still played some.  If the school or family imagined in the slightest that there was any question, I don't think he would have played after the injury. 

3 minutes ago, rlh said:

I disagree from the standpoint of the one game i watched fayetteville would not have won if he hadn't played, and almost didn't

I don't like the fact that there was a letter from Childress clearing him and then in the 11th hour there was a reversal.  However, a 7 - 2 ruling is strong.