Cookeville Blackman Trap game

Blaze45

This poses an interesting scenario for who gets second seed in the region. Even with Blackmans performance getting better, it has not been against powerhouses by any means. If they come into Friday nights game flat, Cookeville will take then to the woodshed. The passing game has got to be there and they will need to have a good game on the defensive side of the ball, especially up front.  Anybody else see this as a game that could flip the seeding on its ear? 

42 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

This poses an interesting scenario for who gets second seed in the region. Even with Blackmans performance getting better, it has not been against powerhouses by any means. If they come into Friday nights game flat, Cookeville will take then to the woodshed. The passing game has got to be there and they will need to have a good game on the defensive side of the ball, especially up front.  Anybody else see this as a game that could flip the seeding on its ear? 

This game is for a home playoff game for Blackman and to avoid a tough 1st round game against either MJ or H-Ville. If they can't pull it together for this one, it's going to be a short postseason for Blackman. FWIW, I think Blackman wins by 2-3 scores

21 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

This game is for a home playoff game for Blackman and to avoid a tough 1st round game against either MJ or H-Ville. If they can't pull it together for this one, it's going to be a short postseason for Blackman. FWIW, I think Blackman wins by 2-3 scores

Nothing is set for Region 4 as far as playoffs except for Station Camp being out. It will all depend on next week.

Mt. Juliet plays Hendersonsville, Wilson Central plays Station Camp and Rossview plays Lebanon.

As it stands right now you have Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, Wilson Central and Lebanon in that order.

However that will change next week due to the matchups.

If Mt. Juliet wins they will be the 1 seed. If they lose they will be the 2 seed.

If Hendersonville wins they will be the 1 seed. If they lose they will be either the 3 or 4 depending on whether or not Lebanon beats Rossview.

Wilson Central will beat Station Camp. They will get either the 2 or 3 seed depending on the game above.

If Lebanon wins will either be the 3 or 4 depending on the Mt. Juliet/Hendersonville game.

If Rossview wins they will be the 4 seed.

Could be a trap game.  Cookeville is a much better team than they were early on in the season season.   Offense really improved with move to Harris as RB.  He provides a power running game we desperately needed.  If OL can get some push this game could be a close one.  If CHS cant run ball it will be a long night for my Cavs.  

I don't think it will be a wide margin for the blaze at all .. "IF" the blaze win it will be by 7 or less... I think being too one dimensional has shown up. Yes they made coaching changes at OC position, but I don't think they are a developed as they need to be. It will be a cold one for sure.

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't think it will be a wide margin for the blaze at all .. "IF" the blaze win it will be by 7 or less... I think being too one dimensional has shown up. Yes they made coaching changes at OC position, but I don't think they are a developed as they need to be. It will be a cold one for sure.

Don't sandbag... this is a 3 score or more win for the Blaze. 

2 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

Don't sandbag... this is a 3 score or more win for the Blaze. 

I have watched this Cookeville team play freshmen and Jv close at the inferno. I love the blaze and had not missed a game for 8 seasons..Until this year. They are not the same team they have been in the past. I don't see the talent or the real threats on offense like we had for years. I really think this is a closer game than some think