LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

I think that the shoe is on a different foot this year, and that Forrest controls the outcome of this game. If Forrest plays well, they win no matter how LC plays. After watching them against Waverly last season, I'm betting that they will come out with their teeth gritted and ready to hit... if they click, it's theirs.

I'm not gonna break this down by stats. I'll include some last 2 year's recap stuff. 

In 2017, these two lined up at The Rock. Forrest, who was then, as they are now, a smash mouth running team, suddenly for reasons only known to the Lord Himself, decided to do an Oregon impersonation, and the result was not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4,  not 5, not 6 picks...kidding I think it was 5 picks in the first half. Plus a fumble. Prolly a blowout at halftime right? Nope, an underwhelming 7-0 lead was all Lewis had at halftime on way to a 21-7 victory.

2018, our “coaches” were still fetishized by a “running back by committee”, and as a result our best back got a grand total of 6 carries. Our second best back who has been a stud the last 2-3 weeks got 0. We rushed for a grand total of 72 yards. Not Forrest football. On the other hand, we attempted 22 passes. What on Earth.  10-22 for 130. We were in the game in the 1st trailing 15-8, but turnovers and penalties results in 14 more points for Lewis in the 2nd, and the score at half was 29-8. And we were done. I felt like we competed but we just did bad thing after bad thing.

2019, Forrest hasn’t been fully Forrest in almost 2 months. It is what it is, and everyone does deal with it, but when you are as thin as we are, it hurts more. Lewis lost a head-scratcher to Summertown, but is rolling since then and just avenged last year’s loss to Camden. They have to be feeling very good about their chances.

Forrest’s staff, outside Stacey who is a great sports coach period, is still unproven in my view. I mean it. They have definitely improved, but are they really a Region Championship staff?

Lewis has had Coach Sharp since Abraham was in pre-k. He’s a member of the TFCA HOF, has a current lifetime record of in the neighborhood of 250 wins with less than 110 defeats. Someone else can give the exact number of they want. He’s a winner. 6 undefeated seasons, 28 playoff appearances and I believe 26 straight since 1991. Much respect to the Panthers.

If Forrest has the (almost double-digit) injuries corrected by Friday, we MIGHT have ourselves a ball game. As it stands, I have been picking Lewis in this one since pre-season, and I am not changing it now.

Lewis 28

Rockets 20  

4 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I'm not gonna break this down by stats. I'll include some last 2 year's recap stuff. 

In 2017, these two lined up at The Rock. Forrest, who was then, as they are now, a smash mouth running team, suddenly for reasons only known to the Lord Himself, decided to do an Oregon impersonation, and the result was not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4,  not 5, not 6 picks...kidding I think it was 5 picks in the first half. Plus a fumble. Prolly a blowout at halftime right? Nope, an underwhelming 7-0 lead was all Lewis had at halftime on way to a 21-7 victory.

2018, our “coaches” were still fetishized by a “running back by committee”, and as a result our best back got a grand total of 6 carries. Our second best back who has been a stud the last 2-3 weeks got 0. We rushed for a grand total of 72 yards. Not Forrest football. On the other hand, we attempted 22 passes. What on Earth.  10-22 for 130. We were in the game in the 1st trailing 15-8, but turnovers and penalties results in 14 more points for Lewis in the 2nd, and the score at half was 29-8. And we were done. I felt like we competed but we just did bad thing after bad thing.

2019, Forrest hasn’t been fully Forrest in almost 2 months. It is what it is, and everyone does deal with it, but when you are as thin as we are, it hurts more. Lewis lost a head-scratcher to Summertown, but is rolling since then and just avenged last year’s loss to Camden. They have to be feeling very good about their chances.

Forrest’s staff, outside Stacey who is a great sports coach period, is still unproven in my view. I mean it. They have definitely improved, but are they really a Region Championship staff?

Lewis has had Coach Sharp since Abraham was in pre-k. He’s a member of the TFCA HOF, has a current lifetime record of in the neighborhood of 250 wins with less than 110 defeats. Someone else can give the exact number of they want. He’s a winner. 6 undefeated seasons, 28 playoff appearances and I believe 26 straight since 1991. Much respect to the Panthers.

If Forrest has the (almost double-digit) injuries corrected by Friday, we MIGHT have ourselves a ball game. As it stands, I have been picking Lewis in this one since pre-season, and I am not changing it now.

Lewis 28

Rockets 20  

I did see that Lewis had a come back win against Camden. Seems they dont have quit in them which is what you want in your team. No idea who will win this game should be close but with the game being at Forrest I'd say the odds are in your favor. Here's the box score if your interested of their last game. Be it adjustments or whatever it took to wake them up. They did it well.

Screenshot_20191027-155616_Chrome.jpg

I have supported Forrest all yr and I also said that they would beat Lewis county. Something is telling me that Lewis is going to win this one. Either way this region get to get that monster from Trenton. I’m going against my gut feeling and saying Forrest in a close one but wouldn’t be surprised if they get beat.

Edited by vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have supported Forrest all yr and I also said that they would beat Lewis county. Something is telling me that Lewis is going to win this one. Either way this region get to get that monster from Trenton. I’m going against my gut feeling and saying Forrest in a close one but wouldn’t be surprised if they get beat.

That was a masterful job in covering yourself Vandy. :)

Lewis from what I've seen the last 2 years had a strong end to the season and then buckles in the playoffs early. It is what it is. If that holds true then they may pull it out. Forrest isn't accustomed to losing this year and won't give up easy I'm sure. I still think Forrest pulls it out in a close one. Either way it approaches.