OR @ FULTON

catswild

On 11/1/2019 at 10:09 PM, SweetScience said:

Just got whipped in the 4th quarter. Eerily similar to last week. This is a bad loss for OR. I know Fulton is probably better than their 2-7 record, but we have to win this game. We have choked away the past few games in the 4th quarter in back to back games.

We are not better than our 3-7 record unfortunately. OR played flat. Must have been a Powell hangover.

After having a nauseating weekend and conducting my own investigation (with a little help from some friends), and then digesting this mess (interrupted by intermittent vomit and diarrhea), this is what I have come up with:

1. OR was left battered after the Powell game and still has not recovered

2. There was an attempt made to not play two starters on defense in an attempt to have them at full speed for the playoffs (they ended up playing but now won't be full speed for the playoffs)

3. A very good offensive lineman was injured and did not play

4.  Another starting offensive lineman was disciplined by Gaddis on game day and was not allowed to attend the game, so an under prepared player took his place

5. The team certainly took a 2-7 team lightly even though they were dangerous and had to win to make the playoffs

6. A missed extra point (too common), a missed two point play (unfortunate), and a missed short field goal (hard to explain)

7. Terrible pass defense

8. Three turnovers including a pick six

9. Officiating that was almost as bad as the pass defense

10. Fulton simply wanted and needed the game worse than OR

THE GOOD NEWS

1. Almost 500 yards of offense

2. A new season starts this week

3. OR seems to plays its best against good teams so that's good because all the teams OR will face will be good, starting with region champ Soddy Daisy

4. If OR can win, they won't face Powell until round three instead round two 

5. RWR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bonkers said:

After having a nauseating weekend and conducting my own investigation (with a little help from some friends), and then digesting this mess (interrupted by intermittent vomit and diarrhea), this is what I have come up with:

2. There was an attempt made to not play two starters on defense in an attempt to have them at full speed for the playoffs (they ended up playing but now won't be full speed for the playoffs)

4.  Another starting offensive lineman was disciplined by Gaddis on game day and was not allowed to attend the game, so an under prepared player took his place

5. The team certainly took a 2-7 team lightly even though they were dangerous and had to win to make the playoffs

6. A missed extra point (too common), a missed two point play (unfortunate), and a missed short field goal (hard to explain)

7. Terrible pass defense

THE GOOD NEWS

3. OR seems to plays its best against good teams so that's good because all the teams OR will face will be good, starting with region champ Soddy Daisy

5. RWR

Tight assessment! Agreed.

Just hope that something is done with the DBs. I don't think I've seen anything like this before; no technique. It's bordering grade school ball where you just run down the field after the receiver and hope he drops the pass.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bonkers said:

7. Terrible pass defense

THE GOOD NEWS

5. RWR

Yeah that’s the spirit. Look ahead to the round 3 matchup with Powell.

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

Not to mention the punting and place kicking have been poor at worst to inconsistent at best.  What in the world has happened to our kicking game?  Kick offs going out of bounds, short punts, missed xps and field goals?  The kicking game isn't helping us at all, it has traditionally been good to excellent across the board. 

Edited by oridgecat

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

so an under prepared player took his place

And why was a second string lineman under prepared?  We should have a back up prepared and ready to play when his opportunity presents itself at every position.  There may be a significant talent drop off, but we have to expect to play back ups and they should atleast know their assignments. 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

The kicking game has been god awful the past two years. It’s what got us beat last year in the playoffs. Heck, poach some kid off of the soccer team or something, anything. As ORC said, that has traditionally been a strong point of our football team. It’s pathetic to see what it has become. Also agree with Cat on having players prepared. Hello, whose job is that?

Edited by SweetScience

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

7. Terrible pass defense

THE GOOD NEWS

5. RWR

I wouldn’t say playing West in round 2 is much better than playing Powell, but that’s just me. My gut says OR gets bounced in round 2 against West. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto