Class 4A

802Tomcat

Don’t sleep on Springfield on the west side of the bracket. The Jackets have home field as long as they win all the way through the Semis. It won’t be an easy task by any means, but the last two years they’ve been to Cookeville once and then lost in the semis on the road. I like it when everyone underestimates the Jackets. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 2:05 PM, JacketLover said:

Don’t sleep on Springfield on the west side of the bracket. The Jackets have home field as long as they win all the way through the Semis. It won’t be an easy task by any means, but the last two years they’ve been to Cookeville once and then lost in the semis on the road. I like it when everyone underestimates the Jackets. 

Im usually not one to say I told you so, but..........

Go Jackets!

The west side of the 4a bracket since the move to 6 classifications has had a much easier road to Cookeville. This year Nolensville would have walked through that bracket. Marshall Co. a couple of years ago could have had multiple silver balls in the trophy case. It's a shame these schools are getting silver balls based off geography. I would love to see the TSSAA mix up the quarterfinals or semifinals to help avoid tbis.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, District12AA said:

The west side of the 4a bracket since the move to 6 classifications has had a much easier road to Cookeville. This year Nolensville would have walked through that bracket. Marshall Co. a couple of years ago could have had multiple silver balls in the trophy case. It's a shame these schools are getting silver balls based off geography. I would love to see the TSSAA mix up the quarterfinals or semifinals to help avoid tbis.

Overall, I would agree that for the most part the west Side has been easier. I don’t necessarily agree that Nolensville would’ve walked through that side of the bracket though. The Springfield team that is playing Elizabethton isn’t the same team that lost at home to Marshall County. It is leaps and bounds better. We won’t apologize for playing who we play in the playoffs. The Jackets will see how good they are Saturday at 3. This team has been the underdog all year, so why stop now. I watched the replay of the Haywood radio guys video stream of our game. They just kept saying over and over again how much bigger than Springfield they were and that they should be beating them. They did give Springfield credit and said that they just find ways to win. 

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Overall, I would agree that for the most part the west Side has been easier. I don’t necessarily agree that Nolensville would’ve walked through that side of the bracket though. The Springfield team that is playing Elizabethton isn’t the same team that lost at home to Marshall County. It is leaps and bounds better. We won’t apologize for playing who we play in the playoffs. The Jackets will see how good they are Saturday at 3. This team has been the underdog all year, so why stop now. I watched the replay of the Haywood radio guys video stream of our game. They just kept saying over and over again how much bigger than Springfield they were and that they should be beating them. They did give Springfield credit and said that they just find ways to win. 

I promise you this Cyclones team will not overlook Springfield because to make it to Cookeville you are a good team.This Betsy team is young and has also improved as the season has went on and they know that Springfield is a good team.

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

I promise you this Cyclones team will not overlook Springfield because to make it to Cookeville you are a good team.This Betsy team is young and has also improved as the season has went on and they know that Springfield is a good team.

I have no doubt Betsy will not overlook Springfield. I just wanted to give my thoughts to the comment about the west being weak and how teams from the east would walk through it. Looking forward to a great game Saturday. 

1 minute ago, JacketLover said:

I have no doubt Betsy will not overlook Springfield. I just wanted to give my thoughts to the comment about the west being weak and how teams from the east would walk through it. Looking forward to a great game Saturday. 

Definitely looking forward to Saturday.

12 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

It’s been that way for Greeneville when they’ve played the West every-time in the Championship. Each Game has been a Mercy Rule. 
But Betsy isn’t those Greeneville teams from the past. I expect this to be close