Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I said it guys #12 ran that team and he showed it. That kid played his butt off. Summertown is a good team my hat is off to them. Someone mentioned their kid was #13 and he is a good player also. Safe travels to Stown on the way home.

#13 is mine... thanks for the compliment. Hats off to Waverly Tigers and especially #8. We could not stop him. I think we may have caused a lost yard or two but Every dang time y’all ran it, it was for positive yards or at least even. I was hoping we’d sneak one out... and after the first 4:30 I was smiling pretty big but I think now maybe that yalls defensive coach was just five minutes late. We lost cause we were out played but have you ever seen a football game with just two penalty flags? I mean did the refs leave their flags at home? I saw a few missed calls but in no way am I implying it would have affected the outcome. Just baffled by 48 minutes of ball with only two flags. Good luck to the Tigers and if y’all play Forrest, I’ll be there!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

#13 is mine... thanks for the compliment. Hats off to Waverly Tigers and especially #8. We could not stop him. I think we may have caused a lost yard or two but Every dang time y’all ran it, it was for positive yards or at least even. I was hoping we’d sneak one out... and after the first 4:30 I was smiling pretty big but I think now maybe that yalls defensive coach was just five minutes late. We lost cause we were out played but have you ever seen a football game with just two penalty flags? I mean did the refs leave their flags at home? I saw a few missed calls but in no way am I implying it would have affected the outcome. Just baffled by 48 minutes of ball with only two flags. Good luck to the Tigers and if y’all play Forrest, I’ll be there!

How do you compare us to Forrest?

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

How do you compare us to Forrest?

After what I saw tonight I think Forrest is in trouble... they better be ready. I don’t think they can stop y'all's offense. I’m not sure if they were off when they played us or if we played them better than we played y’all but it was a low scoring defensive game... 13-6. Tonight was an offensive game. Summertown moved the ball tonight. Missed the field goal that shoulda been punched in for a touchdown. Not saying yalls D didn’t stop us... they did several times. I think Waverly - Forrest will be a high scoring offensive game also. One I wanna see anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea I know I was so freaking mad at that first score then they did it again to go up 14-0 I was like omg here we go but we settled down and played pretty good. We can’t keep doing that the further we go!

I've noticed that it is taking us two or three series of defense before we get things figured out, and as you saw tonight, that can cost us! Especially as we get deeper in. We can't keep spotting teams 2 or 3 scores and then make our run.  We got to find a way to play in the very beginning, the way we do in the end. If we can manage to do that, I can see us in the semis, but if not, it can be disastrous for us. I will say that was what I thought to be a championship effort, to fall behind that much, that fast, but kept our focus and got control of the game and got a big victory. Hat's off to those boys and how they handled the adversity!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

After what I saw tonight I think Forrest is in trouble... they better be ready. I don’t think they can stop y'all's offense. I’m not sure if they were off when they played us or if we played them better than we played y’all but it was a low scoring defensive game... 13-6. Tonight was an offensive game. Summertown moved the ball tonight. Missed the field goal that shoulda been punched in for a touchdown. Not saying yalls D didn’t stop us... they did several times. I think Waverly - Forrest will be a high scoring offensive game also. One I wanna see anyway.

U don't think riverside and Forrest will b a good game lol

52 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

#8 is mine.........thank you for the compliment! He's a special kid. He works hard and put his all into this game.  More importantly, he's humble and understands that everything he's able to do is by God's Grace. I'm so thankful he's finally getting to shine after being stuck behind the shadows of the Big 3 for all these years. Great game tonight, I wish nothing but success in the future for your young program. Y'all are definitely on the right path!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:18 AM, Jpd73 said:

Half our O line was out in Summertown and our  Mr Football was puking his guts out in the 4th and had his appendix taken out a few hours after the game. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble.  Summertown scored 2 FGs on us with our JV defense. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Half our O line was out in Summertown and our  Mr Football was puking his guts out in the 4th and had his appendix taken out a few hours after the game. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble.  Summertown scored 2 FGs on us with our JV defense. 

You have a jv defense ?  Pretty sure few weeks ago you said you guys didn’t have enough to have a jv team. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Well if we take any thing from y'alls Hickman county game the Waverly and Forrest is even we both win by 30. Or if we take away from the summer town game then Waverly us better.  Y'all take care of business and us to we can see which is better in round 3

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

Well if we take any thing from y'alls Hickman county game the Waverly and Forrest is even we both win by 30. Or if we take away from the summer town game then Waverly us better.  Y'all take care of business and us to we can see which is better in round 3

I'll post on Hickman.  Summertown got 22 on your defense. Our full strength offense will score 35 or more. We got 19 on u last year. Half our line was out Summertown.  Read man