RIDGEWAY @ HENRY COUNTY PLAYOFF ROUND 1

PatriotNation

16 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

I believe you are right on this. I also think I read or heard that the home team has to pay the referees out of their 25%. I could be wrong about this.

you are right not only do they pay refs but have to pay security also.  Home team can lose lots of money if the visiting team does not bring very many fans.  Traveling team at least can break even and maybe make very little depending on the transportation they take.  It is definitely in T$$AA favor. 

1 hour ago, UTInsider said:

you are right not only do they pay refs but have to pay security also.  Home team can lose lots of money if the visiting team does not bring very many fans.  Traveling team at least can break even and maybe make very little depending on the transportation they take.  It is definitely in T$$AA favor. 

This is crap. What’s it going to take for member institutions to stand up and say enough is enough. This is just one example of the TSSAA being hypocritical to their non-profit stance. 

22 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

This is crap. What’s it going to take for member institutions to stand up and say enough is enough. This is just one example of the TSSAA being hypocritical to their non-profit stance. 

The TSSAA is made up from representatives of the member institutions, so take it up with them. The prices have been $7-8 for the playoffs for as long as I can remember

14 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Yeah that's true too. Just look at most crowds of the teams we have played this year. Both at home and on the road. Opponents crowds have been pretty bad. I wasn't impressed with Brentwoods crowd early this year. 

Football attendance is down across the board. Add in the fact Brentwood is 2 hours away and having to deal with Nashville traffic, I'm not suprised there wasn't much of an away crowd. On a given Friday night, I can stream 3-4 different games right from my couch. Just not the same as it used to be

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Football attendance is down across the board. Add in the fact Brentwood is 2 hours away and having to deal with Nashville traffic, I'm not suprised there wasn't much of an away crowd. On a given Friday night, I can stream 3-4 different games right from my couch. Just not the same as it used to be

Just a few years ago when Brentwood and Centennial was in our region they had huge crowds when they played at HC. That was only like 3 or 4 years ago

Edited by PatriotNation

9 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Just a few years ago when Brentwood and Centennial was in our region they had huge crowds when they played at HC. That was only like 3 or 4 years ago

Maybe its a little better if it's a game that mattered. Programs all across the midstate are struggling to fill out their stadium. Only time Oakland has a full house when Maryville is there. Not as much people have a personal connection to the areas that they live in anymore

37 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe its a little better if it's a game that mattered. Programs all across the midstate are struggling to fill out their stadium. Only time Oakland has a full house when Maryville is there. Not as much people have a personal connection to the areas that they live in anymore

If that's the case that's pretty sad.

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can definitely tell you both that Gallatin’s gates have increased a lot.  Maybe not the norm for the state but we have had a huge year at the gate!  

8 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

One of the best away crowds that has came to Paris is the Munford fans with their band.

Maybe we need to spread the news that we have new visitors seating!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I can definitely tell you both that Gallatin’s gates have increased a lot.  Maybe not the norm for the state but we have had a huge year at the gate!  

Gallatin is the exception to the rule. They're always going to travel well. I'm glad that they've had a good year at the gate. HS Football in this state is better when the traditional powers are playing at a Championship level