Booker T Washington at Lake County

lakecounty1968

1 minute ago, Guidance1812 said:

Nothing bad to say against booker T, great bunch of young men

Yea man! I kept expecting things to get chippy with a lopsided score but naw those kids just wanted to play ball! Feel for those kids...literally 3 fans and 4 cheerleaders! Depressing for young men that go out and play their hearts out and NO ONE there to pat them on the head...I’m really glad Puckett put the donkey up early early

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kwc said:

BTW is fighting the odds everyday. It's good to see them even make it into the playoffs. I don't know how those coaches do it.

The team got to a playoff game late last season, and now they are the butt of jokes. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. 

Naw man those kids played with everything they had! It’s just sad that they have no community support...very depressing for those kids! My heart truly aches when you don’t have one person to go up and hug a kid after the game! Those young men had great sportsmanship and they never gave up...that impressed me personally 

1 minute ago, kwc said:

BTW is fighting the odds everyday. It's good to see them even make it into the playoffs. I don't know how those coaches do it.

They are probably my favorite Memphis team/school. Academics come first there, and the athletic programs are not treated as a means for the coaches to receive personal gratification. KIPP would be in the mix just from the letter from their coach regarding their forfeiture the other day, but still pales in comparison to the way BTW raised their attendance, graduation rates, ACT scores, and GPA, while significantly reducing truancy, and discipline problems. Much respect to the Warriors!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

They are probably my favorite Memphis team/school. Academics come first there, and the athletic programs are not treated as a means for the coaches to receive personal gratification. KIPP would be in the mix just from the letter from their coach regarding their forfeiture the other day, but still pales in comparison to the way BTW raised their attendance, graduation rates, ACT scores, and GPA, while significantly reducing truancy, and discipline problems. Much respect to the Warriors!!!

Trader2 ... Much Respect!

17 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Yea man! I kept expecting things to get chippy with a lopsided score but naw those kids just wanted to play ball! Feel for those kids...literally 3 fans and 4 cheerleaders! Depressing for young men that go out and play their hearts out and NO ONE there to pat them on the head...I’m really glad Puckett put the donkey up early early

Their cheerleaders were awesome, they did a great job also