Gallatin hosts Summit

Verb58

Being ranked and being ranked #1 is a big difference. Gallatin fans said we deserved to be ranked.

But I love all the people who hate on Gallatin and try to put words in our mouths that were never said.

We aren't going anywhere, we aren't about to begin sucking just because we lost last night. This program still improved a ton in the 11 little months this staff has been together. Don't count on them getting bad all of a sudden.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Gwave1 and others have said all year how good they are and they were best team in state.  So watching the game Summit was 1 dimensional and didn't seem to have many issues.  The you look at Beech barely beating Columbia leads me to believe that maybe that Region is just weak.  Summit is very good I know but to handle Gallatin so easily one must wonder

I never said Gallatin is the best team in the state.  Gallatin is a good team, just ran into another good team.  Happens all the time. 

Listen fellas I am not saying Gallatin had a bad season or they suck or they are going down hill etc.  I just assumed that seeing them for the first time that they would be MUCH better especially hearing how good you all were on here all year.  Then you add that to Beech struggling against a very average Columbia team it makes you question if they won on talent alone.  I do think Gallatin may struggle after next year when they move to 6A.  

22 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Listen fellas I am not saying Gallatin had a bad season or they suck or they are going down hill etc.  I just assumed that seeing them for the first time that they would be MUCH better especially hearing how good you all were on here all year.  Then you add that to Beech struggling against a very average Columbia team it makes you question if they won on talent alone.  I do think Gallatin may struggle after next year when they move to 6A.  

Nobody said we were the best team in the state.  The game with Summit was the worst Gallatin has played all year.  They obviously had a lot to do with that.  Two good teams and one had to lose.  Lots of mistakes in that game by both sides.  7 turnovers and lots of other missed opportunities.  

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Gallatin should be proud of the growth they showed this season. Nothing to hang their heads about. 

Absolutely!!  We know how much they have progressed and 9-2 is far ahead of were we thought they would be in year one!!  Gallatin is not going away anytime soon! 

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Gallatin should be proud of the growth they showed this season. Nothing to hang their heads about. 

They should be proud. Haven't had that many wins in a while. 
The biggest improvements I see is they believe in something. They now believe they can win. That would be my biggest praise fo Coach Watson. 

Gallatin has to turn the corner and this coaching staff has their work cut out for them. 

Here is the facts,

They haven’t won a Region Championship in many years. 
They haven’t won a playoff game since 2013. 

I realize this would have been a tall order for them this year. Almost happened. 

In order to get back, they have their work cut out. 

Congratulations on the improvement this year. 

Nothing against the former coach but a 9-1 regular season record is an improvement of the past few years.  IMHO you have hired the right man for the job and he has proven that with results and not talking about just record.  I do not know the answer, but were the schedules the same or close to the same this year as in the past few years?  Pretty sure region schedule is very close to same.  Check opponents W-L record this year vs. past and that is a way to see success.  Not sure but would be willing to say, Gallatin played more playoff teams this year than non-playoff teams.  Should see them in Cookeville soon.  JMO