Blackman to host Wilson Central

Blaze45

I watched a little tape on WC today , and while they have some size They are not real fast as a team. They showed running the ball against a team with a little speed can be tough  in the game against Lavergne. I think this is about as good of  a 1st round draw that Blackman could get. Blackman will play what they have played all year and bounce it outside with speed . Make them stack the box and give the WR some room to work.  If WC is going to have success running the ball they are going to have to get blocking into the second level and get a helment on Conor Murhphy or it will be ugly in the run game.  They may be better in the pass game than I give them credit for, but both games were in th erain and not much happening there, and stats do not indicate them being pass heavy.  Anybody with any ideals on WC as I am going on the little bit of tape on WC I could find 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I watched a little tape on WC today , and while they have some size They are not real fast as a team. They showed running the ball against a team with a little speed can be tough  in the game against Lavergne. I think this is about as good of  a 1st round draw that Blackman could get. Blackman will play what they have played all year and bounce it outside with speed . Make them stack the box and give the WR some room to work.  If WC is going to have success running the ball they are going to have to get blocking into the second level and get a helment on Conor Murhphy or it will be ugly in the run game.  They may be better in the pass game than I give them credit for, but both games were in th erain and not much happening there, and stats do not indicate them being pass heavy.  Anybody with any ideals on WC as I am going on the little bit of tape on WC I could find 

Blackman big. Might even be by the mercy rule

Blackman will smoke Wilson central, then play Hendersonville (which means an extra week to practice against the WingT) and then travel over to Oakland.  Gonna be a fun month! WE ARE COMING TOGETHER - our offensive changes are helping us B45.  Don’t you agree?   You are at the games and can see it.  Our defense has been stout all year, it’s the offense and kick teams that have held us back.  Getting them right gives us a chance! 

17 hours ago, BigGameHunter said:

Blackman will smoke Wilson central, then play Hendersonville (which means an extra week to practice against the WingT) and then travel over to Oakland.  Gonna be a fun month! WE ARE COMING TOGETHER - our offensive changes are helping us B45.  Don’t you agree?   You are at the games and can see it.  Our defense has been stout all year, it’s the offense and kick teams that have held us back.  Getting them right gives us a chance! 

I have to agree that the offense is getting better, I am still looking at the big picture and see Oakland looming. Our achiles heel is our diversity on offense. We did not mix it up against Siegel or Cookeville . We should get by WC and I would hope Hendersonville, but if we are ever going to see past Oakland, we are going to have to change our limited offensive calls. Our Kick game, finally getting the leg behind a few, we do not stay in our zone and give up way too much in the kicking. We are better off to kick it out of bounds than give them the chance to return it... It cost us against Alcoa, and Ravenwood both. 

28 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Kit knows defense.  He REALLY needs a GOOD OC to be as successful as Oakland.  A good receiver coach would help as well.

Give him those and a good off season in the weight room, then this county will be interesting and a threat to the rest of the state again.

While I agree, Blackman's problems extend beyond needing just a good OC

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

While I agree, Blackman's problems extend beyond needing just a good OC

My son says, and hes a teenager, that he thinks sometimes a couple of other coaches think they are in charge of team and they need to be quiet and let Coach Hartsfield be in charge....other than that, he likes the coaches....

As far as depth, we have pretty good depth, I do not think we are lacking in talent.....I am hoping we can surprise in the playoffs!

1 hour ago, BigGameHunter said:

My son says, and hes a teenager, that he thinks sometimes a couple of other coaches think they are in charge of team and they need to be quiet and let Coach Hartsfield be in charge....other than that, he likes the coaches....

As far as depth, we have pretty good depth, I do not think we are lacking in talent.....I am hoping we can surprise in the playoffs!

I haven't been to a Blackman practice, but each HC has a different way of doing things and for the most part, there isn't a wrong way to do it. Where Blackman has to catch is from MS-Freshmen. Blackman is never gonna lack for talent and has never lacked for talent since their inception. No doubt good enough to stay 2nd in the region but to pass Oakland, they're going to have to start winning some of these games at the lower levels

On 11/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, BigGameHunter said:

You think you are just gonna roll over Hendersonville and make it back to Oakland? They (Hendersonville) might be the most improved team I have seen over the course of this season....  their offense and Oaklands are now very different so your "extra week against wing t"  comment is not realistic.