Siegel

ocac

On 11/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, MidTennFootball said:

No way Jackson is gonna leave Oakland for Siegel. Oliver would be a great fit if he was interested. Woodward would be solid. Kriesky is obviously going to be in the mix. The rest would be underwhelming, IMO

Think you’re underselling Watson a little bit. Did a good job at Blackman, teams were typically going into the third round of the playoffs. Just couldn’t pass Oakland. Think Siegel would be lucky to get a coach of that caliber. 

1 hour ago, bplawyer said:

Think you’re underselling Watson a little bit. Did a good job at Blackman, teams were typically going into the third round of the playoffs. Just couldn’t pass Oakland. Think Siegel would be lucky to get a coach of that caliber. 

Watson did a decent job of continuing the success that Shad had, but losing to Oakland twice in 2017 was a pretty big strike against him. No way Oakland should have beaten them with the talent they had that year. 

Kind of rare you see a guy get a 2nd chance at the same program. Siegel could do worse than Watson but they can do better

21 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Watson did a decent job of continuing the success that Shad had, but losing to Oakland twice in 2017 was a pretty big strike against him. No way Oakland should have beaten them with the talent they had that year. 

Kind of rare you see a guy get a 2nd chance at the same program. Siegel could do worse than Watson but they can do better

I think that Oakland team was much better than any thought, junior dominated team that went on to win state relatively easy the next season. Teague injury hurt the Blaze as well. Probably should have won the first game though. 

3 minutes ago, bplawyer said:

I think that Oakland team was much better than any thought, junior dominated team that went on to win state relatively easy the next season. Teague injury hurt the Blaze as well. Probably should have won the first game though. 

Point being, Blackman never got better year over year. Watson was just a caretaker

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Point being, Blackman never got better year over year. Watson was just a caretaker

Fair point. Although maintaining that success in itself may be a feat. Blackman is on the down slide now. Did he have the same assistants at Blackman when he was there that they have now? If so, having the success they had with the coaches they had may be an accomplishment. 

But, i do think Siegel should likely go in another direction. Get a young guy, that school (specifically football) needs energy. The school doesn’t have real support and excitement around football. It needs it. Dearly 

1 minute ago, bplawyer said:

Fair point. Although maintaining that success in itself may be a feat. Blackman is on the down slide now. Did he have the same assistants at Blackman when he was there that they have now? If so, having the success they had with the coaches they had may be an accomplishment. 

But, i do think Siegel should likely go in another direction. Get a young guy, that school (specifically football) needs energy. The school doesn’t have real support and excitement around football. It needs it. Dearly 

Might have a point, but the talent is down at Blackman compared to the last 5 years. I do agree that they  need to find someone that can get people excited. They actually have a pretty good coaching staff so if new HC can retain most of the staff, that would be a good start

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Might have a point, but the talent is down at Blackman compared to the last 5 years. I do agree that they  need to find someone that can get people excited. They actually have a pretty good coaching staff so if new HC can retain most of the staff, that would be a good start

Agreed. Think Oliver is a good coach to just name one. And he’s been around the county, so he knows how to tap into those kids. 

Siegel needs the best coach they can get. Doesn't matter age or anything else. Those saying Siegel needs a young coach would you turn down Rankin, Blade, Crawford just to name a few? There are several assistant coaches in the county with head coaching experience. Woodward from LHS, Williams and Carson from SHS, Barger from RHS, etc. I really think all of those would be good hires.