Riverside/Lewis County

Bigpun54

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yea I agree. I didn't include that stat originally bc we won but certainly raised some eyebrows 

The flags that we've gotten that ruffled my feathers were the ones that could be called most any play if you want to be picky, or not called much unless flagrant. We've had multiple TD's called back for holding or blocks in the back, and one or two personal fouls that resulted in coaches ejections when the LC posters even said weren't warranted. I've watched film with the coaches, when the flags on us were very questionable even in stop frame, and the same plays for the Panthers with obvious holds were not called. There are many "bad calls" that go both ways in most games, but LC is the only place that I can recall where you just know going in that it's going to be lopsided.

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Winner between Riverside and Waverly will be the more physical team. Agree?

Not necessarily. Wavo will run over you if you can't stand up to their pounding, but you have to contain their back even if your line holds up. Riverside is more deceptive... you'd better be in the right position to defend all their offensive weapons, especially if the QB is having a good night. I have been fortunate to watch some of the best ( Rice, Tucker, Winn, Stanfield ) around for the last 10 or so seasons, and he can make throws that equal any of them, just doesn't operate in an offense that runs through him first like some of the others did... they can run at you or around you equally as well too. I don't think that Waverly will fall into the trap that Lewis did and not make adjustments from their first meeting, but it could still be a better game. McConnell was great at implementing an offense, but didn't adjust to what others did... he basically said "here's what we do, good luck stopping it". I think that the new staff will prepare for this game using what they learned from the first meeting, but not forgetting to take into consideration what Riverside does as well. Riverside's defense is the key in this game... they are stout, but can they get Waverly off the field?

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not necessarily. Wavo will run over you if you can't stand up to their pounding, but you have to contain their back even if your line holds up. Riverside is more deceptive... you'd better be in the right position to defend all their offensive weapons, especially if the QB is having a good night. I have been fortunate to watch some of the best ( Rice, Tucker, Winn, Stanfield ) around for the last 10 or so seasons, and he can make throws that equal any of them, just doesn't operate in an offense that runs through him first like some of the others did... they can run at you or around you equally as well too. I don't think that Waverly will fall into the trap that Lewis did and not make adjustments from their first meeting, but it could still be a better game. McConnell was great at implementing an offense, but didn't adjust to what others did... he basically said "here's what we do, good luck stopping it". I think that the new staff will prepare for this game using what they learned from the first meeting, but not forgetting to take into consideration what Riverside does as well. Riverside's defense is the key in this game... they are stout, but can they get Waverly off the field?

Great post