4A Semifinalists

Devilsx5

16 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just caught up on reading all this.First again,hats off and best of luck to Elizabethton.Does anyone know how long it's takes to make up a troll account on coacht,I'd say the same as any other.I wouldn't zero in on any fan base because I could think of 15 or 20 that loved seeing the Devils get beat  and plenty from Greene county alone probably had a party friday night.We all knew it was going to happen because even without one or two of our biggest talkers on coacht,some folks just hate the Devils .My personal thoughts on this year is our players played hard and still had a shot but lost to a great team twice.A couple of things besides Elizabethton just being better were this in my own opinion.I think we just didn't have enough depth and lost some great players coming into the year but seen preseason it was going to take something special and staying healthy as far as players go. As for coaching,that's where we lost the something special part.Anyone who thinks not having coach Ballard didn't make a difference either knows more about the game then Batman or is a coach.Still a great staff full of coaches who could lead their own program but not the same  and I just don't think coach Ballard would have lost a game this year ..Just my opinion and we all have one.

Agreed 

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just caught up on reading all this.First again,hats off and best of luck to Elizabethton.Does anyone know how long it's takes to make up a troll account on coacht,I'd say the same as any other.I wouldn't zero in on any fan base because I could think of 15 or 20 that loved seeing the Devils get beat  and plenty from Greene county alone probably had a party friday night.We all knew it was going to happen because even without one or two of our biggest talkers on coacht,some folks just hate the Devils .My personal thoughts on this year is our players played hard and still had a shot but lost to a great team twice.A couple of things besides Elizabethton just being better were this in my own opinion.I think we just didn't have enough depth and lost some great players coming into the year but seen preseason it was going to take something special and staying healthy as far as players go. As for coaching,that's where we lost the something special part.Anyone who thinks not having coach Ballard didn't make a difference either knows more about the game then Batman or is a coach.Still a great staff full of coaches who could lead their own program but not the same  and I just don't think coach Ballard would have lost a game this year ..Just my opinion and we all have one.

Not taking anything away from Devils. My personal opinion is that it wouldn’t have made a difference in both Betsy games. I may be wrong, you guys know the Ballard family better than any of us on here. I do believe it was just Elizabethton’s time. We have been knocking on that same door for a while just never could get through it till this year. Idk. But I am realistic. Greenville had probably one of the best teams in the entire state last year combined with a tremendous ball Coach. Elizabethton has something special cooking, these kids on this squad will hopefully pass it on. The work they do on their own is second to none. Very proud of the dedication, refuse to settle, Grit and determination they show week end and week out. Hopefully they can fulfill a dream that most people will never get to experience.... Greenville is a special program, heck I would even call them a dynasty. But I believe E-Town has started writing a dynasty as well. Time will tell if they can finish this chapter. As for the troll, idk, they were over on the Springfield section earlier. May be a Haywood supporter. 

4 hours ago, CycloneTough said:

Not taking anything away from Devils. My personal opinion is that it wouldn’t have made a difference in both Betsy games. I may be wrong, you guys know the Ballard family better than any of us on here. I do believe it was just Elizabethton’s time. We have been knocking on that same door for a while just never could get through it till this year. Idk. But I am realistic. Greenville had probably one of the best teams in the entire state last year combined with a tremendous ball Coach. Elizabethton has something special cooking, these kids on this squad will hopefully pass it on. The work they do on their own is second to none. Very proud of the dedication, refuse to settle, Grit and determination they show week end and week out. Hopefully they can fulfill a dream that most people will never get to experience.... Greenville is a special program, heck I would even call them a dynasty. But I believe E-Town has started writing a dynasty as well. Time will tell if they can finish this chapter. As for the troll, idk, they were over on the Springfield section earlier. May be a Haywood supporter. 

No question this was Elizabethton's year at least to get past the Devils and they should be the early favorite maybe for a few years to come.I said early in the year this all reminded me of when the three favorite teams  went home in 2016 and a team from the other side won state.So,there is still work to be done and I 100% hope you guys can do it.It takes a special set up to get it done and that's where I was saying coach Ballard was that extra something the Devils lost.All the what ifs in the world doesn't change the fact Elizabethton now is the big dog in the 4a east and there isn't another team I'd more like to see get it done if the Devils can't do it. Shoot,nobody likes to lose but I don't think twenty years ago anyone would have predicted the Devils successful run and I truly have enjoyed the ride.My dad was a Devil star in basketball and track .That's why I became a Devil in football and baseball.My brother has loved them since he was a kid and no doubt would have been a stud Devil with his 400 plus pound  bench press in high school if he hadn't had to move away.In other words,I also know the pride and similarities you Elizabethton folks have with us and I'm ok with you guys getting your deserved piece of the gold .

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

I've said over the past few years, since the EHS/Alcoa game that EHS is closing that gap with the top tier of teams in 3a/4a. I think this year has proven EHS is ready to take that next step and become a consistent threat to the title for a while. As for coaching, like another said I know Ballard is an outstanding coach but this years EHS team is ridiculously talented as well and at worst I could have seen us splitting the series. Have no idea who the troll is either, but it's probably not a person from any teams relevant to us. 

3 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I've said over the past few years, since the EHS/Alcoa game that EHS is closing that gap with the top tier of teams in 3a/4a. I think this year has proven EHS is ready to take that next step and become a consistent threat to the title for a while. As for coaching, like another said I know Ballard is an outstanding coach but this years EHS team is ridiculously talented as well and at worst I could have seen us splitting the series. Have no idea who the troll is either, but it's probably not a person from any teams relevant to us. 

It could be anyone but nobody loves to see the Devils lose more then some of our own county folks.I know because I came out of the county and was the only player on my 8th grade championship team that didn't go to South Greene.I was never that way.I always pulled for the other local teams like South Greene in girls basketball when they were really special with coach Ricker.

I'm not a fan of any team. Just a football fan. Greeneville fans are just cocky and annoying. Always have an excuse for why they lose. They will give credit, but quickly blame coaches or injuries. Ballards are gone. It's over. Gonna be worse next year. "3 peat in sight". Ha!  Better hope TN don't adopt the out of zone multiplier rule or Green will be fighting for playoff spots. Not state titles.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Angelman03 said:

I'm not a fan of any team. Just a football fan. Greeneville fans are just cocky and annoying. Always have an excuse for why they lose. They will give credit, but quickly blame coaches or injuries. Ballards are gone. It's over. Gonna be worse next year. "3 peat in sight". Ha!  Better hope TN don't adopt the out of zone multiplier rule or Green will be fighting for playoff spots. Not state titles.

If your pinnacle in life is seeing Greeneville fans eat crow or lose a football game, then I am afraid you may have a difficult life with that sorry sad jealous attitude.

I’m a South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey Doak, North Greene and Yes, a GREENEVILLE fan too. I am football fan in general!  This week I’m a Betsy Cyclones, Alcoa, Maryville, Greenback, & Meigs fan too. Yea, us Greeneville fans are eating a lot crow right now and yea we know there’s a lot folks out there laughing at us, especially you, but so what!  Yea, its possible we may not make another run for a couple of years, but don’t forget that it is also possible that we might too! I have said a couple of times on here that I don’t like losing to Betsy. It’s true I don’t like losing to Betsy, and I would rather lose to West Greene then lose to Betsy. Betsy right now has beaten the champs back to back this year, and they own us until we can get the next W, but I am not jealous of Betsy; I am happy for them!  I hope they win it all this year, and if they end up beating Greeneville next year and making another run in the playoffs, I’ll pull for them to win it all again if that happens?? Some of us Greeneville fans may be cocky per the words that came out of your mouth, but you should remember this, not all of them are; and those are the words that came out of my mouth!  Oh, and by the way another thing you should remember, us Greeneville fans cocky or not, I can almost guarantee you that probably 99% of us are supporting, pulling for the BETSY CYCLONES to WIN STATE!

If you’re a Greeneville, South Greene, Chuckey Doak, West Greene, North Greene, Sullivan East, Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, Science Hill, Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Unaka, Cloudland, Hampton, Happy Valley, Johnson County, Unicoi County, Dobbins Bennett, Alcoa, Maryville, Greenback, Meigs, Anderson County, Powell, K. West, K. Carter, Gibbs, Oneida, William Blount, Seymour, Sevier County, Morristown East/West, Knox Catholic, Fulton, Austin East, Kingston, Know Halls, K. Central, Farragut, Scott, South Doyle, Clinton, Bearden, Hardin Valley, Sequoyah, Harriman, North View, Cosby, Gatlinburg Pittman, Pigeon Forge, Cocke County, Oak Ridge, Cherokee, Claiborne, Jefferson County, Union County, Grainger, Cumberland Gap FAN or any other school in NET or East Tennessee or maybe not in East Tennessee or even live in this state that I missed that is pulling for the Elizabethton Cyclones from NET to WIN state this years then please get on here and hit that like icon or vote icon or leave a positive comment showing your support.  If you’re not pulling for them, then there’s no harm in that either and we still love ya.  Have a great week everyone, and most of all a safe and blessed Happy Thanksgiving.  

-As always GO South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey Doak, North Greene & Big GREENE!

-And just for now until you meet up with GREENE again next year, GO CYCLONES!

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Thanks 2