Coalfield @ Greenback Round 2

orngnblk

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

They are the cream of the crop right now,  they are on a pretty good run, mostly the last decade.  They won the state in 87 then went 23 year before making the semis I do believe but once they did they've  been on a heckuv a ride since that period.  We will see 10 year from now if they become a legacy like Maryville or Alcoa or will they fizzle out like SP.  

SP has won a championship in every decade since the playoffs started. Is that fizzled out?

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

They are the cream of the crop right now,  they are on a pretty good run, mostly the last decade.  They won the state in 87 then went 23 year before making the semis I do believe but once they did they've  been on a heckuv a ride since that period.  We will see 10 year from now if they become a legacy like Maryville or Alcoa or will they fizzle out like SP.  

I hope we don’t fizzle out lol. We have a group that will be freshman next year that are very good. So hopefully it will continue for a while longer. 

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

I feel MHS and AHS are anomalies, not taking anything away from them as they are very well coached and have significant resources but very fun to watch also. East 1A teams such SP, GB, CF, and now OS seem to be building solid programs year after year. Resources are obviously more limited for these programs, however, it is encouraging to see continuing to be competitive.

Just now, gfd709 said:

We know there will be some jaw flapping by both sides!!! I just hope we can keep it in check and the Refs dont let it get out of control.

I agree. I hope Greg addresses that before the game Friday. If we win we will need everyone playing next week not sitting on the bench. Especially seniors who should know better. I was always taught to do your talking with the pads. 

5 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Makin plays man let me ask you a question. Did you read that provost herron mans newspaper article about greenbacks dependence on transfers? I garuntee you I will never believe the positions that were needed that just so happened all these great transfers that played those specific positions showed up and fell in that Ryan mans lap.  The orchestraters say they came for educational purposes. Let me ask you a question.  Do you think Maryville high school cant offer a quality education? The orchestraters have yet to answer any questions.  You think im joking but im not. 

I was able to find and read the article, and to be honest Roy what read in no way supports your argument or any statements you have made concerning GBs program. My take is Coach Ryan did an interview about the upcoming season and demonstrated transparency concerning the state of his program. I realize individuals, such as yourself, have the right to comprehend anyway they desire to support their argument or justify their insinuations of wrongdoing. It is your prerogative to do so. You may not have issue either what/how fans of other programs think of any statements you’ve made concerning this topic, but I say again your actions and statements are a poor representation of what a great program SP truly is. You think I’m joking but IM NOT. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gfd709 said:

Im sorry unlike everyone else im not so sure this game is a sure thing. We know what happened last year when Mckinney tried to get our players kicked out, he has nothig to lose this year he wont be back next year.

Yeah, I agree,  he is doing better this year though I do have to say.  He has lowered his personal foul count this year.  In the game football when its all on the line, sometimes emotion do get out of hand.  Its win or go home.  I actual though we played you all pretty tough last game till it got close to 4th quarter.  This one is at Greenback and I don't see us hanging around really.  Greenback is too much.  

6 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Yeah, I agree,  he is doing better this year though I do have to say.  He has lowered his personal foul count this year.  In the game football when its all on the line, sometimes emotion do get out of hand.  Its win or go home.  I actual though we played you all pretty tough last game till it got close to 4th quarter.  This one is at Greenback and I don't see us hanging around really.  Greenback is too much.  

You are right rt about first game.You all came out with fire in your belly.We really didnt open up the playbook much on you all either tho,tried working on the run game a little.I expect us to get right to it tomorrow night tho.Its time to let the badger loose!Win or go home!