Rhea Co. @ Powell Round 2

Rhea Co.

38 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

This would be labor intensive, but why not let TSSAA sit down with each individual (players and coaches) who provided a "signed statement?" It's a lot easier to figure out who the liars are when you have to provide verbal testimony, rather than a written statement.

This. You are 100 percent correct sir. But of course Tssaa won’t actually “investigate” the matter. Isn’t that funny, the players gave statements, specifically naming said coaches and they ruled it as hearsay??? Doesn’t make sense to me, but remember the matter was “investigated” :roflol:

27 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

This. You are 100 percent correct sir. But of course Tssaa won’t actually “investigate” the matter. Isn’t that funny, the players gave statements, specifically naming said coaches and they ruled it as hearsay??? Doesn’t make sense to me, but remember the matter was “investigated” :roflol:

When one side says one thing, the other says something different, with no physical evidence (messages, recordings, or anything else to back up the claim), that falls under the ruling of hearsay or he said-she said. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the way the world works.  Hard to convict with no physical evidence. Hypothetical situation....  if I gave written statement saying you started this whole mess so Central would benefit, does that make it true? Especially if it was my word against yours? With no evidence of it either way, the ruling would go in your favor whether you actually did it or not. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

When one side says one thing, the other says something different, with no physical evidence (messages, recordings, or anything else to back up the claim), that falls under the ruling of hearsay or he said-she said. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the way it would go in any matter inside or outside of a court. Hard to convict with no physical evidence. Hypothetical situation....  if I gave written statement saying you started this whole mess so Central would benefit, does that make it true? Especially if it was my word against yours? With no evidence of it either way. The ruling would go in your favor whether you actually did it or not. 

I get where your going but let’s get one thing PERFECTLY clear. I haven’t “started” anything and there’s no benefit to Central from anything I have said. I simply gave my info, which nobody wanted to accept because everyone on this site thinks they know the ins and outs to the programs they support. Very few people are In the Loop and “connected.” We are not looking to “benefit” from any rulings on any teams. At the end of the day, games are decided on the field and that’s what we’re focusing on. Honestly , I’m just here to grind some gears with my knowledge and honesty :D.

9 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I get where your going but let’s get one thing PERFECTLY clear. I haven’t “started” anything and there’s no benefit to Central from anything I have said. I simply gave my info, which nobody wanted to accept because everyone on this site thinks they know the ins and outs to the programs they support. Very few people are In the Loop and “connected.” We are not looking to “benefit” from any rulings on any teams. At the end of the day, games are decided on the field and that’s what we’re focusing on. Honestly , I’m just here to grind some gears with my knowledge and honesty :D.

I’m not saying you or Central did, just using it as a hypothetical situation. However, by your defense of that statement, I can absolutely tell you get where I’m going with it.  So all I’m trying to say is it’s not so straight forward. If and when they come up with actual visual evidence, that’ll change things. Until then, it’s all hearsay and people on here thinking they know something they can’t prove. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Players and coaches gave statements, that's it. You're relying solely on "truthful" written statements and no other evidence. When those statements contradict one another, hello hearsay.

I'm not saying that Powell is innocent. I know what's been alleged. There's a lot of smoke, and I'm sure there is some truth there. But I also know that some of these area coaches stand to gain a LOT if TSSAA drops the hammer on Powell, whatever the reason. It wouldn't shock me at all to see a few people stretch the truth in order to see justice served. I'm not saying that happened in this situation, but when you don't have to look someone in the eye and give a statement, it makes a difference. You and I both know that I can call anyone a liar, write a statement, sign it, and no one has to corroborate my version of "the facts." Heck, I don't even have to corroborate my written version after I submit it. Thankfully, that doesn't fly in a court of law.

Cat, I'm going to play devil's advocate again. I don't know you, and I won't pretend like I know your role on the sidelines at Central. For all I know, you're the water boy. But did you read any of the actual written statements? Were you privy to any of those signed documents? Were you standing next to one of these coaches who allegedly recruited a kid post-game? If so, do you remember exactly what he said, how he said it, and in what context? We know what has been alleged, but I have no idea what was actually submitted to TSSAA by any of the whistle-blowers or by the folks over at Powell. If you've been privy to all of that, I hope you provided a written statement as well.

If you've ever sat on a jury (or worked in the courtroom), you find out pretty quickly that court cases are often portrayed differently in the public eye because the media can't share every detail (among other things). And as a result, everyone rushes to judgement without a complete understanding of the facts.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Players and coaches gave statements, that's it. You're relying solely on "truthful" written statements and no other evidence. When those statements contradict one another, hello hearsay.

I'm not saying that Powell is innocent. I know what's been alleged. There's a lot of smoke, and I'm sure there is some truth there. But I also know that some of these area coaches stand to gain a LOT if TSSAA drops the hammer on Powell, whatever the reason. It wouldn't shock me at all to see a few people stretch the truth in order to see justice served. I'm not saying that happened in this situation, but when you don't have to look someone in the eye and give a statement, it makes a difference. You and I both know that I can call anyone a liar, write a statement, sign it, and no one has to corroborate my version of "the facts." Heck, I don't even have to corroborate my written version after I submit it. Thankfully, that doesn't fly in a court of law.

Cat, I'm going to play devil's advocate again. I don't know you, and I won't pretend like I know your role on the sidelines at Central. For all I know, you're the water boy. But did you read any of the actual written statements? Were you privy to any of those signed documents? Were you standing next to one of these coaches who allegedly recruited a kid post-game? If so, do you remember exactly what he said, how he said it, and in what context? We know what has been alleged, but I have no idea what was actually submitted to TSSAA by any of the whistle-blowers or by the folks over at Powell. If you've been privy to all of that, I hope you provided a written statement as well.

If you've ever sat on a jury (or worked in the courtroom), you find out pretty quickly that court cases are often portrayed differently in the public eye because the media can't share every detail (among other things). And as a result, everyone rushes to judgement without a complete understanding of the facts.

Very well said, OSU. Couldn’t agree more. 

6 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

I’m not saying you or Central did, just using it as a hypothetical situation. However, by your defense of that statement, I can tell you get where I’m going with it.  So all I’m trying to say is it’s not so straight forward. If and when they come up with actual visual evidence, that’ll change things. Until then, it’s all hearsay and people on here thinking they know something they can’t prove.  

And with all of the glass houses here in Knox County, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see some retaliation from the Powell administration during the off-season. There is plenty of dirt out there, and I'd say we're going to see a lot more dirty laundry aired until KCS gets control of this ridiculous transfer situation that they've created.

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KnoxPhoto said:

When one side says one thing, the other says something different, with no physical evidence (messages, recordings, or anything else to back up the claim), that falls under the ruling of hearsay or he said-she said. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the way the world works.  Hard to convict with no physical evidence. Hypothetical situation....  if I gave written statement saying you started this whole mess so Central would benefit, does that make it true? Especially if it was my word against yours? With no evidence of it either way, the ruling would go in your favor whether you actually did it or not. 

Conviction? We are not talking about a court of law, so T$$AA does not have to go by any laws other than their own stated in their by laws of hand book on eligibility. They could believe who ever they want to or not want to believe. Their decisions are not reviewed by a court of law unless someone outside of their association takes it to court. T$$AA is subject Tennessee State govt. They can make a ruling, and then change it. Example Fayetteville. They let some schools operate totally outside of their rules by the result of court decisions, and the ignore other court decisions. And some sacred lambs are never looked into. I say looked into rather than investigated becauy the don't really do an investigation. They actually based the decision on the coaches hearsay instead of the players. Did the players have their parents with them when they talked to T$$AA. Did they have legal representation ? Did they sign legal afidavits or depositions? Are the parents aware of what is going on or are they complicit in all of this. T$$AA really has total power to do what it wants.

2 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Conviction? We are not talking about a court of law, so T$$AA does not have to go by any laws other than their own stated in their by laws of hand book on eligibility. They could believe who ever they want to or not want to believe. Their decisions are not reviewed by a court of law unless someone outside of their association takes it to court. T$$AA is subject Tennessee State govt. They can make a ruling, and then change it. Example Fayetteville. They let some schools operate totally outside of their rules by the result of court decisions, and the ignore other court decisions. And some sacred lambs are never looked into. I say looked into rather than investigated becauy the don't really do an investigation. They actually based the decision on the coaches hearsay instead of the players. Did the players have their parents with them when they talked to T$$AA. Did they have legal representation ? Did they sign legal afidavits or depositions? Are the parents aware of what is going on or are they complicit in all of this. T$$AA really has total power to do what it wants.

Sorry l meant to say T$$AA is not subject Tennessee State govt. They are not part of Tennessee State govt. Even though the do not exist without Tennessee State supported schools.

6 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Obviously bud. Just saying it works the same way. No evidence, no case. Can’t be ruled against, convicted, or whatever else you wanna call it. So you typed the whole thing totally missing the point. There was no actual evidence they did anything other than word of mouth. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

When South Doyle was having many years of bad football it was because many guys who were supposed to play there didn’t.Some played at Alcoa,Fulton,Austin East & Maryville.All those were the hot teams.Fulton is down because some of those kids are at the above mentioned schools minus Alcoa or Maryville.I don’t understand the rules.A Maryville resident in the Daily Times newspaper recently ripped both Maryville & Alcoa for getting players in there from other schools.This has been touched on,argued & debated for years on here.Dad & Mom have their financial situation change.Can’t afford to send their football playing son to private school.Transfers then has to sit out?? Yet kid from Seymour moves in to “be with sick granny” Doesn’t know what is wrong with her or anything.Goes to one of the best football teams in the state.Automatic eligibility

Edited by wow1029