The Rematch: Trousdale @ Watertown

Cam615

Great game! Wow! I personally thought the defenses were outstanding. The offenses, they took what they could. Both teams had a big run. Other than that there wasn’t a lot going on. I think I heard TCradio say afterwards that both teams had roughly 250 yds. The trench war was brutal and the NG for Watertown did a great job of clogging it up and making a pile all night. This was for sure a classic.

As for officiating, there were missed calls both ways. On the punt, I was on the opposite end but Chumley for sure got close, too close for comfort but I also thought it could have been KCI (that’s Kick Catch Interference for non rulebook peeps). Then on the KO, many have already chimed in, Ford for sure touched the ball but the rule is, the ball must be possessed in the field of play before it can enter the end zone and be brought out. Otherwise as soon as it crosses the goal line, touchback. Now the BJ, FJ and SJ were lazy all night. They FJ and SJ never once came off the sideline. Very poor effort from there part and as a former official, I was very disappointed in that being a Qrt Final Crew. The SJ and BJ missed a PI on Watertown on about the 5. The ball is under thrown and Ford slows down. The defender never looked back for the ball and ran over him, text book call and both officials were in perfect position, no flag. Then on the 2nd to last drive, the SJ is in perfect position again and chose not the call a face mask. Those are just the ones I saw. I’m sure there were some the other way too. Again for a Qrt Final crew, I expect better. 

All in all though, it was a heck of a game. I wish the Watertown Srs best of luck in your future endeavors. You all should be proud as you are apart of the NEW Watertown! The program has made huge gains the last several years and back to back Qrt Finals is something you can hang your hat on. The community is all in and it only helps in this rivalry with TC. I respected them before and even more after tonight. 

TC was able to outlast by the Grace of God and now we have to rest and heal up for the next showdown. 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCB~MVP said:

Great game! Wow! I personally thought the defenses were outstanding. The offenses, they took what they could. Both teams had a big run. Other than that there wasn’t a lot going on. I think I heard TCradio say afterwards that both teams had roughly 250 yds. The trench war was brutal and the NG for Watertown did a great job of clogging it up and making a pile all night. This was for sure a classic.

As for officiating, there were missed calls both ways. On the punt, I was on the opposite end but Chumley for sure got close, too close for comfort but I also thought it could have been KCI (that’s Kick Catch Interference for not rulebook peeps). Then on the KO, many have already chimed in, Ford for sure touched the ball but the rule is, the ball must be possessed in the field of play before it can enter the end zone and be brought out. Otherwise as soon as it crosses the goal line, touchback. Now the BJ, FJ and SJ were lazy all night. They FJ and SJ never once came off the sideline. Very poor effort from there part and as a former official, I was very disappointed in that being a Qrt Final Crew. The SJ and BJ missed a PI on Watertown on about the 5. The ball is under thrown and Ford slows down. The defender never looked back for the ball and ran over him, text book call and both officials were in perfect position, no flag. Then on the 2nd to last drive, the SJ is in perfect position again and chose not the call a face mask. Those are just the ones I saw. I’m sure there were some the other way too. Again for a Qrt Final crew, I expect better. 

All in all though, it was a heck of a game. I wish the Watertown Srs best of luck in your future endeavors. You all should be proud as you are apart of the NEW Watertown! The program has made huge gains the last several years and back to back Qrt Finals is something you can hang your hat on. The community is all in and it only helps in this rivalry with TC. I respected them before and even more after tonight. 

TC was able to outlast by the Grace of God and now we have to rest and heal up for the next showdown. 

Solid post BCB, best of luck buddy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

As for officiating, there were missed calls both ways. On the punt, I was on the opposite end but Chumley for sure got close, too close for comfort but I also thought it could have been KCI (that’s Kick Catch Interference for non rulebook peeps). Then on the KO, many have already chimed in, Ford for sure touched the ball but the rule is, the ball must be possessed in the field of play before it can enter the end zone and be brought out. Otherwise as soon as it crosses the goal line, touchback. Now the BJ, FJ and SJ were lazy all night. They FJ and SJ never once came off the sideline. Very poor effort from there part and as a former official, I was very disappointed in that being a Qrt Final Crew. The SJ and BJ missed a PI on Watertown on about the 5. The ball is under thrown and Ford slows down. The defender never looked back for the ball and ran over him, text book call and both officials were in perfect position, no flag. Then on the 2nd to last drive, the SJ is in perfect position again and chose not the call a face mask. Those are just the ones I saw. I’m sure there were some the other way too. Again for a Qrt Final crew, I expect better. 

Great post 

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

I would venture to say Westy's 95 team would beat both of these teams tonight.

Most likely. This is not the best TC team by a long shot. No offense to the kids on the team. In areas we are exceptional. Others we are average. We do a good job of supporting or hiding our weaknesses. If Watertown goes up 2 scores tonight, the way their defense played, it’s game. But similar to the regular season except the shoes on the other foot, they didn’t finish and let TC hang around and it cost them. 

• Like 1