USJ @ NCS Semis

Nextoneup

58 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

Your hatred for USJ is comical.  Someone says something remotely positive and you have to throw something back negative.  Someone in another post mentions USJ as a top 3 job and you state that it isn't good because of parents and boosters.  I'm not sure about all the particulars with Marley, but I do know that no one ran off his replacement.  Bradley choose to go back to East Tennessee on his own.  Regardless what school you are at; there are always going to parents/boosters that try to have a say.  You need to look at your own house (TCA) before throwing other schools under the bus for asking a coach to leave.  

The CC game was as close as the score ended up.  We had the ball on our own 43 with 9 mins to go in the game down 10.  The fumble you are referring to came with about 2 mins left in the game.  You didn't mention that CC got the ball from USJ fumbling on our own 40.  CC has won 7 out 8 and are averaging over 42 points a game over that period.  USJ giving up only 21 is a pretty good defensive effort.  I remember one of your now deleted post claiming that DA was lucky to leave Jackson with a win against TCA.  Wasn't that a 15 point game?  So one team can lose by 15 and should have won but another team loses by 10 and it wasn't that close of a game?  Funny how you skew facts to support your narrative.   

On to something more important; tonight USJ/NCS game.  The last game was a very close ball game that could have gone either way.  Both teams made some critical mistakes and NCS was able to capitalize a little more than the Bruins.  Looks like the rain will be done by game time but the field will be very wet.  NCS QB threw for over 320 yards last time.  If the Bruins are able to slow him down; I think it will lead to a USJ victory.  Like most football games; the team with the least amount of turnover most likely wins.  Should end up being a beautiful night for high school football.  I pray for safe travels and a injury free game.  It should be a good one! USJ 24-14

I'm not going to address the balance of your post because quite frankly I just don't feel like it. It does seem funny that when I have an opinion that differs from yours I am chastised. Yet, when I pick usj, I hear crickets. As far as coaching situations go we will have to agree to disagree. In regards to usj being a top job I will agree that it is when you talk about facilities, financial support, and backing. Those are top-notch and I have no argument with that. The underlying things are where we have the disagreement.

Should us J win tonight, I will get on this message , offer congratulations, and eat my Crow with hot sauce. I simply think that it is Too Tall of a hill to climb to ask usj to travel to Nashville and beat the number one team in the state in their house.

I will agree with you on one thing, I hope usj and their fans have safe travels and that the game is injury-free.

Edited by ReitzFan

4 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

On to something more important; tonight USJ/NCS game.  The last game was a very close ball game that could have gone either way.  Both teams made some critical mistakes and NCS was able to capitalize a little more than the Bruins.  Looks like the rain will be done by game time but the field will be very wet.  NCS QB threw for over 320 yards last time.  If the Bruins are able to slow him down; I think it will lead to a USJ victory.  Like most football games; the team with the least amount of turnover most likely wins.  Should end up being a beautiful night for high school football.  I pray for safe travels and a injury free game.  It should be a good one! USJ 24-14

You forgot to mention a part of NCS that is always lurking to bite them in the butt - penalties.  Seems like a personal foul or two is par for the course and if they come at inopportune times it will cost them a close game.

With that being said, I don't think any D is going to hold NCS to 14 points.  The field drains well so wetness won't be a factor.  NCS will sling it around and maybe this time, gain some on the ground as well.

NCS 24, USJ 13 (NCS has a pretty decent placekicker)

Edited by NCSdad1962
bad wording

I must admit I never saw this coming. Especially with the final score being what it was. I ask that that my crow  be served to me Krispy Style with extra hot sauce. Congratulations to the usj Bruins on their Victory and moving on to the state championship game. They are without a doubt now the favorites to win the state championship in my opinion.

Edited by ReitzFan

26 minutes ago, Nextoneup said:

Ncs just couldn't get the ball down the field. Usj defense was legit. And if it wasnt a for a trick play ncs wouldn't have scored.

Totally agree.

Only advice I could give to Davidson Academy is spread the field offensively. USJ defense will not be man handled.

When attempting to tackle USJ's big back go ankle low because he lowers his head like a battering ram and being on the receiving end of his helmet appears to be quite painful and unproductive.

Early prediction USJ 35 - Davidson Academy 14......USJ's coaches had those young men prepared well for NCS. 

On 11/21/2019 at 6:09 AM, Nextoneup said:

penalties

For all of those following this game, the point differential is deceiving. NCS had the ball at the 10 yard line with a chance to tie the game in the 4th. USJ connected on a deep ball following that drive to extend the lead to 21-7. The last score came with 20 or so seconds left.  It was a good defensive battle for most of the game. It was obvious after only a few plays to those that follow NCS closely that this probably would not be a good night. I am not an apologist for Coach Brothers but this one wasn’t really on him. There have been some games that have been, but this simply wasn’t one of them. Decent play at one critical position would have changed this game drastically. The stage was just to big. You could immediately see the nerves and it never changed. Countless opportunities missed. I was amazed it was as close as it was in the 4th. USJ had a few unnecessary penalties that negated plays that could have stretched this one out. Even still, it was plays by their defense. USJ is tough but I can’t see them getting by Davidson. Davidson will match their defensive effort and if they get anything out of their QB, I think they go back to back. I don’t think Davidson’s offense is capable of playing as poorly as the NCS offense did tonight. Many will disagree with some or all of this opinion on the game and that’s fine. If you saw both games with these teams this year,  the difference was absolutely glaring. Sour way to end a good season but a good season nonetheless. Congrats to USJ. I will be rooting for them in Cookeville. 

Just now, Eagle9019 said:

For all of those following this game, the point differential is deceiving. NCS had the ball at the 10 yard line with a chance to tie the game in the 4th. USJ connected on a deep ball following that drive to extend the lead to 21-7. The last score came with 20 or so seconds left.  It was a good defensive battle for most of the game. It was obvious after only a few plays to those that follow NCS closely that this probably would not be a good night. I am not an apologist for Coach Brothers but this one wasn’t really on him. There have been some games that have been, but this simply wasn’t one of them. Decent play at one critical position would have changed this game drastically. The stage was just to big. You could immediately see the nerves and it never changed. Countless opportunities missed. I was amazed it was as close as it was in the 4th. USJ had a few unnecessary penalties that negated plays that could have stretched this one out. Even still, it was plays by their defense. USJ is tough but I can’t see them getting by Davidson. Davidson will match their defensive effort and if they get anything out of their QB, I think they go back to back. I don’t think Davidson’s offense is capable of playing as poorly as the NCS offense did tonight. Many will disagree with some or all of this opinion on the game and that’s fine. If you saw both games with these teams this year,  the difference was absolutely glaring. Sour way to end a good season but a good season nonetheless. Congrats to USJ. I will be rooting for them in Cookeville. 

I agree we had the opportunity but didn't capitalize on them. And it was 14-7 with 6 minute left in the 4th. 

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I must admit I never saw this coming. Especially with the final score being what it was. I ask that that my crow  be served to me Krispy Style with extra hot sauce. Congratulations to the usj Bruins on their Victory and moving on to the state championship game. They are without a doubt now the favorites to win the state championship in my opinion.

I never have had a problem with you picking against USJ.  My problem is your negativity towards USJ.  This is the only positive thing I have ever seen you post.  Thank you for the post.

1 hour ago, kenmynattcpa said:

Totally agree.

Only advice I could give to Davidson Academy is spread the field offensively. USJ defense will not be man handled.

When attempting to tackle USJ's big back go ankle low because he lowers his head like a battering ram and being on the receiving end of his helmet appears to be quite painful and unproductive.

Early prediction USJ 35 - Davidson Academy 14......USJ's coaches had those young men prepared well for NCS. 

I think USJ v DA is a pick em right now. DA won the regular season matchup and physically dominated USJ late in that game. USJ looks good right now and has obviously improved since then but Quinn is no Brothers. He is an excellent coach. He will adjust accordingly and DA will be prepared I bet. This one is a toss up IMO. 

1 hour ago, kenmynattcpa said:

Totally agree.

Not sure if you saw the regular season DA versus USJ game but USJ was flat out bullied by DA.  USJ was beyond humbled. So I assure you USJ is more concerned with seeing DA again than the other way around.  I have DA in back to back titles...book it...or I’m back here to eat cold and soggy crow.  I only ask for a coke to get it down.  

1 hour ago, Eagle9019 said:

Agree with your assessment of the game and you are absolutely right regarding Quinn and that DA team.  The defending champs are no push over and are physical enough to match USJ.