District 1 A

Htowndawgs

41 minutes ago, gcpioneer94 said:

Both teams should be proud, they played their a—es off. It just so happens our boys got the last possession and throughout the game you had a feeling that was what it was going to come down to. Now it’s time to move on a get ready for regionals. Good game from y’all’s boys tonight.

We had UH in foul trouble and had the opportunities from the charity stripe but missed too many in the end. Yea guess we played hard most of the game but if we have an issue with a shooter like Meredith, I sure hope we don't have to see Cosby that has a team full of em...and taller!  This regional tournament may well be a blast!

3 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

Game should of went to Overtime can’t take 5 steps from the 3 point line but have to stop the ball! Refs are horrible again.

If anything they could have called a foul on Hampton 3 different times once he got it across half court. There was no travel, I’ve already seen the replay and trust me I would agree with you if it was. 

1 minute ago, jjm70 said:

Game should of went to Overtime can’t take 5 steps from the 3 point line but have to stop the ball! Refs are horrible again.

I couldn't see from where I was due to looking over too many shoulders. Yes, stop the ball and it's not an issue. My opinion? It shouldn't have come down to that but UH kept PUSHING while we had our heads down, chasing from behind too many times. 

28 minutes ago, gcpioneer94 said:

If anything they could have called a foul on Hampton 3 different times once he got it across half court. There was no travel, I’ve already seen the replay and trust me I would agree with you if it was. 

Like I said, I couldn't clearly see the last play, but we let him go the length of the floor in 4 seconds. That tells the story 

Edited by uknoit2

Semifinals and finals at Walters State should be a fun atmosphere. I think District 2 has a chance to get 2 teams there this year. We should take care of business on our home floor and  Jellico aint bad fellas. Coached well, got one STUD! and several other scrappy young guys that play well on their home floor. UH and Hampton should be in good shape. Washburn isnt very good, they are fairly big in the post but just not super talented. Hancock may give Hampton trouble for about a half. They are coached well have some decent athletes and a loud environment wont phase em, just lack of depth and shooting at times hurts em. 

33 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Jellico is pretty tough especially at home, however, I think NG size and style of play will cause a lot of problems for Jellico. Regional match ups of NG v UH and Cosby v Hampton should be dandies if it happens that way. 

I'd say you are most likely right, and if I had to bet I would bet on those 4. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Jellico beat N.G. though.

5 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

I'd say you are most likely right, and if I had to bet I would bet on those 4. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Jellico beat N.G. though.

Not a clue on my part as I thought we would have woken up after the close Cland game and came in last night to hit our gimme shots, protect the ball and play lock-down D....No clue how Hampton will show up to play 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Not a clue on my part as I thought we would have woken up after the close Cland game and came in last night to hit our gimme shots, protect the ball and play lock-down D....No clue how Hampton will show up to play 

It’s been that way with every District 1 team all season. You never know what you’re going to get game to game. I haven’t seen any defensive discipline on any team in the conference and that is why the inconsistency has been visible.

3 minutes ago, gcpioneer94 said:

It’s been that way with every District 1 team all season. You never know what you’re going to get game to game. I haven’t seen any defensive discipline on any team in the conference and that is why the inconsistency has been visible.

And I agree. I haven't seen many plays on the ball all year from us. It's like we're afraid to go for the steal! And I understand face-guarding a shooter, but you have to know where the ball is on the court.