District 1 A

Htowndawgs

2 hours ago, dogtruth said:

This week in District one has shown a lot of parity. SN v Hampton, SN v NG , Cloudland v Unaka, Hampton v UH, and UH v Unaka all were won 1 point to 3 points (one possession games).                                                                      Big win by Hampton last night to assure a top 2 finish to stay out of the one and done District games. With teams playing so evenly, the 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 games should be interesting to say the least this year.

I don't see any team with an overall advantage; If your horses aren't dialed in at this point, I don't see them contributing game in and game out from here on to get you down the road. 

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

With the teams so close talent wise it may come down to coaching ... im excited for the rest of the season and the tourney .. who yal got ?

If it comes down to coaching, probably have to go with Hampton... But it may not be enuff to overcome a lack of  effort on our part against a NG or UH 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:59 PM, uknoit2 said:

If it comes down to coaching, probably have to go with Hampton... But it may not be enuff to overcome a lack of  effort on our part against a NG or UH 

Yep! 

NG wins

Not smart ball at times to say the least, but WHERE is the scoring? I know Rocky got hurt and was playing well, but we need to be able to pull teams out of the paint by shooting the ball

1 hour ago, jjm70 said:

Hard to play 8 on 5 with Greene County home cooking 

Worst I saw was the six elbows Huges took to the chin right in front of refs; two elbows within a second and ended up getting called for a foul! Then guard drove base line and got killed on the jumper and no foul. Ned even spent a T.O. to walk out to the ref after that one. BUT you have to play well enuff to win in the atmosphere if you're planning on a deep run  

16 minutes ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

I think it was a physical game that both teams got away with murder in the paint .. but don’t act like coming to greene county is any diff than carter county ... both times these teams have played the team that made shots down the stretch has won... great ball game by two evenly matched teams ... I hate the 8 on 5 bs 

Probably true...depends on which side you're on. It's hard for the visiting team to play in either venue. I saw some bad calls in our favor but the no calls I mentioned above were ridiculous and would take a complete idiot not to call em....Sure you saw some too...And I'm not saying it necessarily cost us the game; mistakes and lack of shots cost us. Gotta want to score at this point 

And it wasn't 8 on 5....was more like 7 on 5 :lol:

Edited by uknoit2

30 minutes ago, GreeneDevil101992 said:

I think it was a physical game that both teams got away with murder in the paint .. but don’t act like coming to greene county is any diff than carter county ... both times these teams have played the team that made shots down the stretch has won... great ball game by two evenly matched teams ... I hate the 8 on 5 bs 

Like how there is always the same ref where ever Hampton goes to in Greene County