Chattanooga Area Basketball

TheCommander

Sounds like it’s going to be a competitive region tournament down there. Several good teams, one of them will have to make the trip up 27/111 to Baxter to play Upperman in the substate, as long as we take care of business in our region which we should. Chattanooga always has some great teams and athletes that’s for sure. Good luck to y’all and hopefully we will be hosting one of y’all and not traveling!   

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Sounds like it’s going to be a competitive region tournament down there. Several good teams, one of them will have to make the trip up 27/111 to Baxter to play Upperman in the substate, as long as we take care of business in our region which we should. Chattanooga always has some great teams and athletes that’s for sure. Good luck to y’all and hopefully we will be hosting one of y’all and not traveling!   

Good luck to the "Bees" as well!! Y'all have a good team from what I've been reading. You know how tricky the Regions can be and most times are decided by which team has the ball at the end!! 

Hopefully we will be in the mix as well but still have a lot of basketball to play!

14 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Good luck to the "Bees" as well!! Y'all have a good team from what I've been reading. You know how tricky the Regions can be and most times are decided by which team has the ball at the end!! 

Hopefully we will be in the mix as well but still have a lot of basketball to play!

I think district 6 will sweep district 5 this year. IMO district 5 is down this year.

55 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I agree lots of ball yet to be played but if everyone holds serve the substate matchups will be fun to watch. York is big and strong on the block and has some good perimeter players so they can cause some matchup issues. IMO this is the all around best team I’ve seen at Upperman. Now having said that they can’t mail it in. This group has size speed and shooters. They can torch you from beyond and then dunk on you on the block. I’ve heard Tyner is the real deal this year as well.  Let’s hope we wait until the state finals for that matchup!

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree lots of ball yet to be played but if everyone holds serve the substate matchups will be fun to watch. York is big and strong on the block and has some good perimeter players so they can cause some matchup issues. IMO this is the all around best team I’ve seen at Upperman. Now having said that they can’t mail it in. This group has size speed and shooters. They can torch you from beyond and then dunk on you on the block. I’ve heard Tyner is the real deal this year as well.  Let’s hope we wait until the state finals for that matchup!

I am not impressed with Chattanooga this year.  Tyner struggled with Howard and lost to Brainerd.  I for one didnt expect much from HOward this year because they lost 4 seniors.  Red Bank is beautiful eye candy because they have the best team on paper and has for 2 years now but they lost both games to tyner and howard and one to Brainerd.  Inconsistent district this year.  And next year will be even worse.

Edited by t-mac

On 2/19/2020 at 10:48 AM, t-mac said:

I am not impressed with Chattanooga this year.  Tyner struggled with Howard and lost to Brainerd.  I for one didnt expect much from HOward this year because they lost 4 seniors.  Red Bank is beautiful eye candy because they have the best team on paper and has for 2 years now but they lost both games to tyner and howard and one to Brainerd.  Inconsistent district this year.  And next year will be even worse.

Well, last night showed that 6-AA is not inconsistent. The top 2 seeds play for the Championship on Tuesday! Red Bank is impressive but high-flying "dunks"(and they made a few) only count as 2 points. Tyner handled themselves very well and closed the game out decisively! 

The 1 point loss to Brainerd by Tyner in the regular season seemed to do more good than harm!! In my opinion, Tuesdays game is a toss-up. Although the Rams beat Howard twice, it was only by a total of 7 points. Regardless of the outcome(on Tuesday), I refuse to throw Chattanooga basketball "under the bus''!! I will save my judgement after the season is concluded!! Still a lot of basketball to be played!!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:48 AM, t-mac said:

I'm an AE fan and I didn't get a chance to see Brainerd this due to the unfortunate events that occurred a few years ago but Tyner and Howard are very impressive.  You got to show respect where respect is due.  I don't know what you have against those 2 teams but they're very impressive and both should make it to State.  #MyOpinion   

I'll be cheering for the Chatt teams, AE season is over unfortunately 

On 2/19/2020 at 8:57 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Polk and Sweetwater may cause some concern. I never count a team of 16-17 year olds out(if you know what I mean).

You could be right, Polk won the regular season and then goes 0-2 in the tournament.

Do you know who won between Tyner and Hixson girls last night?

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm an AE fan and I didn't get a chance to see Brainerd this due to the unfortunate events that occurred a few years ago but Tyner and Howard are very impressive.  You got to show respect where respect is due.  I don't know what you have against those 2 teams but they're very impressive and both should make it to State.  #MyOpinion   

I'll be cheering for the Chatt teams, AE season is over unfortunately 

Hey Turtle, haven't heard from you in a while. Do you remember going to the Tyner/Fulton football game a few years back?? If you did, I remember seeing you!! Hope AE has a better year next year!!

Region 3-AA @ East Ridge after quarterfinals this Saturday:

Polk Co (19-7) vs Tyner (22-3) : Both teams are regular season champs and met last year in the 1st round.

Red Bank(20-10) vs Loudon(16-11): Lions a little too athletic for Redskins

Brainerd(15-10) vs Sweetwater (21-5): rematch of region semifinals last year should be closest game of the four.

McMinn Central (12-14) vs Howard(21-7): Howard will have reserves on the floor in 3rd quarter.