Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

tcjacket13

11 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Coming from a Pirate fan, he does not like getting popped.  He may have been sick and not feeling good against the Pirates, but a lot of the problem was that he was getting tattooed on just about every play.  The young man can play and is a great football player.  If TC gets after him and can put a hat on him just about every play, they will have a chance. 

With Flu and Strep he will still the best athlete on your field that day. Kinda sad you didn't get to see him at 100%

I would say last year at Trousdale was the hardest hits he has taken at a game. Alot of times I recall him getting rocked as he completed passes or ran for a first down. He takes it way better than most honestly. I seen quite a few South Pitt kids get weak knees after they were hit. Could tell they weren't use to physical play much honestly.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

If you can name a ball carrier in the state of Tennessee that “likes getting popped” while running the football, please tell me. I always thought the objective was to not get tackled or “popped” when you have the ball in your hands. 
Some kids just handle it much better than others, and I know for a 100% fact that Swafford can take a bunch of licks throughout a game and it doesn’t phase him a whole lot. But with this vaunted TC defense coming to Decatur, I think I’ll call Mr. Swafford and tell him to not worry about running it because I’m scared he will get hit too hard. :(

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

If you can name a ball carrier in the state of Tennessee that “likes getting popped” while running the football, please tell me. I always thought the objective was to not get tackled or “popped” when you have the ball in your hands. 
Some kids just handle it much better than others, and I know for a 100% fact that Swafford can take a bunch of licks throughout a game and it doesn’t phase him a whole lot. But with this vaunted TC defense coming to Decatur, I think I’ll call Mr. Swafford and tell him to not worry about running it because I’m scared he will get hit too hard. :(

Heck no one likes to get hit.

29 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

+1

5 minutes ago, football6 said:

Heck no one likes to get hit.

After taking monster hits for 4 quarters last year @ Trousdale he managed 260 yards passing and 100 yards rushing. It obviously doesnt affect him much the next play. Hes a tough kid. Has been since I've known him. Now that that's settled lol maybe we can talk football.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, UncleDave said:

I'm not taking anything away from the young man, I just do not buy that the loss was due to him being sick as much as it was that the other team played better.  We keep hearing that and it gets old...basically taking away or cheapening the effort of the SP team.

Never said we loss because of that lol you just "NOW" brought it up after you talked about one of our kids. We dont care about SP we care about playoffs right now. But if you think you got a fully healthy Meigs team you are mistaken. You definitely deserved to win the way our roster was bud hands down. I also think your coach did a great job of using our talents and strengths against us. That night yall were better. Absolutely love to play ya right now though as we are as healthy as we were earlier in the season. But you'd have to be willing to give up that perfect record to do it.