1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

1 minute ago, Mustang1969 said:

I never said he was a great passer. I said he was always a little late on his passes from what I could tell.. He can fling it a mile though. He reminds me a lot of Huntingdons qb in 17 Kade Pearson. A load! 

I wasn't meaning that you said it. I was referring to others' posts throughout the season. Was just agreeing with your comment about the ground game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mustang1969 said:

I never said he was a great passer. I said he was always a little late on his passes from what I could tell.. He can fling it a mile though. He reminds me a lot of Huntingdons qb in 17 Kade Pearson. A load! 

He does have a strong arm that’s for sure but I will have to agree with 23 he has not been accurate throwing in the films that I have seen. I will say this for a kid his size he moves well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gbnation said:

He does have a strong arm that’s for sure but I will have to agree with 23 he has not been accurate throwing in the films that I have seen. I will say this for a kid his size he moves well. 

If I were them I'd do the Union City thing. 4 tries, if you stop me,you get the ball.  Dullest football I've ever watched but its worked for them several times.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

If I were them I'd do the Union City thing. 4 tries, if you stop me,you get the ball.  Dullest football I've ever watched but its worked for them several times.

Another thing for us is we need to excel in the kicking game this week. Too many times we blooped the ball on kickoff very short and our coverage wasn't great. If we can make LC go 70-80 yards most drives, our defense will bow their back. It made it hard on us when SP had the ball starting out on our own 40 yd line. 

8 minutes ago, Titans264 said:

The TSSAA bids the championships out. The city with the highest bid/package receives the title games. Cookeville (TN Tech) and Clarksville (Austin Peay) were the only two cities that bid two years ago. I’m assuming Murfreesboro and Nashville didn’t need the money! 

Correct. However the mission statement  says “to be played in a centralized location” I guess those other cities felt like they couldn’t be competitive with the bidding process due to the scale of costs associated with their venues. If the championships were held in Memphis there would be many more howling for a centralized location. I seem to remember in years past Memphis bid but were told they couldn’t host.

Just now, cherokee23 said:

Another thing for us is we need to excel in the kicking game this week. Too many times we blooped the ball on kickoff very short and our coverage wasn't great. If we can make LC go 70-80 yards most drives, our defense will bow their back. It made it hard on us when SP had the ball starting out on our own 40 yd line. 

Don't really sound that hard 2 yds 2 downs,3 yds the other 2. Shoot a lot of teams might need to go that route. If it over 4 yds on forth ,quick kick.

• CoachT locked this topic