2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Was afraid someone would ask me that lol. Truth is I feel our teams were evenly matched it was 16-7 going into the half with us scoring 16 unanswered points. 2nd half was the problem for Meigs in my opinion. We tried to do the same thing that we were doing the first half and you all had adjusted to it at halftime. 3 times in a row we went 3 and out by trying first and 2nd down running it up the middle and obviously your LB were pulled inside and shut it down rather easily. At least in my opinion that's how it went. Our offensive and defensive line were handled by Peabodys line in the 2nd half. Not sure if we were just already wore out or it just seemed that way because you shut the inside lanes down all of the 2nd half. To win we needed to run outside the line of scrimmage some and throw sometimes on 1st or 2nd down. But it it what it is. You all made the needed adjustments and we didnt. End of story. We weren't able to shut your running back down any in the 2nd half and I'm not sure why we didnt couldn't. We had better success in the first half not necessarily shutting him down but at least slowing him down. Not sure if we were anticipating pass or what not but he was getting nearly 8 yards a carry it seemed 2nd half. To me 2nd half adjustments won the game for you all. Not to mention the fact that your RB is a manchild.B)  Anyhow, that's how I feel about it be it right or wrong. 

its called a cortisone shot. this aint difficult. dickson was obvi numb in the 2nd half. no one can dispute this.  

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t think meigs coaches thought they really needed to change anything. What meigs was doing was working. There was really no way for them to anticipate us changing the offense in the second half.     
you guys had a great season. Thanks for always being real and honest 

like i said, they thought they had the game won when it was 16-7. and that was really dumb 

46 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

9-1 in the regular season is very doable. Rolling through region 1 and 2 all the way to the semis at the creek bank is my prediction for next year. 

I think so too about 9-1 very hopeful on that lol. We will need to be a more rounded team to compete in the semis next year if we make it that far. Our #19 Farmall will be gone next year. Personally I think if were about the same caliber on the line next year as we were this year we will need to throw it some more to keep teams from loading the box. #34 will definitely have a 1000 yard season again hopefully better. If #2 has 1000 yds passing and about 500 rushing it will really even it out. Hopefully we will have a reciever stand out liken#15 did for us this year. He really had a good year for a sophomore. 

11 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

fans for both sides were great. loud and intense, especially for that open air setting. peabody's band was good too 

Were you there ?  Our band is pretty good. In the mid to late 90’s we had around 90-100 band members and they won a few state championships. The band director retired and the numbers fell but they have grown over the last few years 

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Were you there ?  Our band is pretty good. In the mid to late 90’s we had around 90-100 band members and they won a few state championships. The band director retired and the numbers fell but they have grown over the last few years 

i live pretty close to there. i passed thru and saw some friends in the press box but i didnt stay for more than 15-20 min. it was in the beginning of the game. the stairs almost killed me. i was literally irate with myself for climbing them. and of course i leave and go back home then the sun comes out 

39 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think so too about 9-1 very hopeful on that lol. We will need to be a more rounded team to compete in the semis next year if we make it that far. Our #19 Farmall will be gone next year. Personally I think if were about the same caliber on the line next year as we were this year we will need to throw it some more to keep teams from loading the box. #34 will definitely have a 1000 yard season again hopefully better. If #2 has 1000 yds passing and about 500 rushing it will really even it out. Hopefully we will have a reciever stand out liken#15 did for us this year. He really had a good year for a sophomore. 

The 9-1 prediction might seem crazy for one reason: losing #19. BUT if we can get by a very improved Sweetwater team in week 1, beating GB shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t care what transfers they bring in, they won’t be able to replace the production of Carnes and Willis by week 2. Rockwood loses the QB who has been solid for three years. Oneida loses both RB’s and the QB. SP brings back everyone but Tipton I believe, so I’m not sure about that game... 

The D brings back all the linebackers. #32 was arguably our best defender against TC and Peabody (besides 19). Not worried about our defense. 

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Was afraid someone would ask me that lol. Truth is I feel our teams were evenly matched it was 16-7 going into the half with us scoring 16 unanswered points. 2nd half was the problem for Meigs in my opinion. We tried to do the same thing that we were doing the first half and you all had adjusted to it at halftime. 3 times in a row we went 3 and out by trying first and 2nd down running it up the middle and obviously your LB were pulled inside and shut it down rather easily. At least in my opinion that's how it went. Our offensive and defensive line were handled by Peabodys line in the 2nd half. Not sure if we were just already wore out or it just seemed that way because you shut the inside lanes down all of the 2nd half. To win we needed to run outside the line of scrimmage some and throw sometimes on 1st or 2nd down. But it it what it is. You all made the needed adjustments and we didnt. End of story. We weren't able to shut your running back down any in the 2nd half and I'm not sure why we didnt couldn't. We had better success in the first half not necessarily shutting him down but at least slowing him down. Not sure if we were anticipating pass or what not but he was getting nearly 8 yards a carry it seemed 2nd half. To me 2nd half adjustments won the game for you all. Not to mention the fact that your RB is a manchild.B)  Anyhow, that's how I feel about it be it right or wrong. 

Good assessment. But Peabody shot themselves in the foot 2st half.  We were clearly the best team.  No disrespect intended.

Edited by allgoodlf

39 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

The 9-1 prediction might seem crazy for one reason: losing #19. BUT if we can get by a very improved Sweetwater team in week 1, beating GB shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t care what transfers they bring in, they won’t be able to replace the production of Carnes and Willis by week 2. Rockwood loses the QB who has been solid for three years. Oneida loses both RB’s and the QB. SP brings back everyone but Tipton I believe, so I’m not sure about that game... 

The D brings back all the linebackers. #32 was arguably our best defender against TC and Peabody (besides 19). Not worried about our defense. 

Not all the linebackers.