2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

6 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

great game to watch congrats to both, but to me looked like Peabody made good adjustments ant half but Meigs didn't, just what it looked like to me Great Game by both teams.

Well I don’t think they thought they needed to adjust. They didn’t know we were going to come out and run a different offense than in the first half 

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

@Imthayeti what are your thoughts on the game ? 

Was afraid someone would ask me that lol. Truth is I feel our teams were evenly matched it was 16-7 going into the half with us scoring 16 unanswered points. 2nd half was the problem for Meigs in my opinion. We tried to do the same thing that we were doing the first half and you all had adjusted to it at halftime. 3 times in a row we went 3 and out by trying first and 2nd down running it up the middle and obviously your LB were pulled inside and shut it down rather easily. At least in my opinion that's how it went. Our offensive and defensive line were handled by Peabodys line in the 2nd half. Not sure if we were just already wore out or it just seemed that way because you shut the inside lanes down all of the 2nd half. To win we needed to run outside the line of scrimmage some and throw sometimes on 1st or 2nd down. But it it what it is. You all made the needed adjustments and we didnt. End of story. We weren't able to shut your running back down any in the 2nd half and I'm not sure why we didnt couldn't. We had better success in the first half not necessarily shutting him down but at least slowing him down. Not sure if we were anticipating pass or what not but he was getting nearly 8 yards a carry it seemed 2nd half. To me 2nd half adjustments won the game for you all. Not to mention the fact that your RB is a manchild.B)  Anyhow, that's how I feel about it be it right or wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Was afraid someone would ask me that lol. Truth is I feel our teams were evenly matched it was 16-7 going into the half with us scoring 16 unanswered points. 2nd half was the problem for Meigs in my opinion. We tried to do the same thing that we were doing the first half and you all had adjusted to it at halftime. 3 times in a row we went 3 and out by trying first and 2nd down running it up the middle and obviously your LB were pulled inside and shut it down rather easily. At least in my opinion that's how it went. Our offensive and defensive line were handled by Peabodys line in the 2nd half. Not sure if we were just already wore out or it just seemed that way because you shut the inside lanes down all of the 2nd half. To win we needed to run outside the line of scrimmage some and throw sometimes on 1st or 2nd down. But it it what it is. You all made the needed adjustments and we didnt. End of story. We weren't able to shut your running back down any in the 2nd half and I'm not sure why we didnt couldn't. We had better success in the first half not necessarily shutting him down but at least slowing him down. Not sure if we were anticipating pass or what not but he was getting nearly 8 yards a carry it seemed 2nd half. To me 2nd half adjustments won the game for you all. Not to mention the fact that your RB is a manchild.B)  Anyhow, that's how I feel about it be it right or wrong. 

Dont think it could be said anybetter.

7 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think you nailed it yeti. You guys had a great run this yr. I think Meigs will be hard to handle next yr also. Peabody I think will have more of a rebuild than you guys. 

Edited by vandyfan1