2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

38 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

People forget about Allen Jones as well hes a gamer !! He is who spied on Swafford in the 2nd half and shut him down.

We also have about 3 year run.   Not 5 just yet.  Rumor is we may have a awesome athlete moving back home.  He will be the best all around player Peabody has ever seen.  A mixture of Dickson, Baugus, Jaquez, Malone , Halbrook, and Hammonds.  This may be good to be true.  Just hoping.  It will be a legit move. Trust me.  He is a game changer.

2 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

We also have about 3 year run.   Not 5 just yet.  Rumor is we may have a awesome athlete moving back home.  He will be the best all around player Peabody has ever seen.  A mixture of Dickson, Baugus, Jaquez, Malone , Halbrook, and Hammonds.  This may be good to be true.  Just hoping.  It will be a legit move. Trust me.  He is a game changer.

I will believe it when I see it.  You mentioned a lot of great athletes and you left out a few.  But only time will tell. Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

First of all i would like to say Congratulations, be we both know Trenton was not the best team in 2a this year. 

Edited by Mtown38

Here is my assessment on the Game.  I don't think Peabody changed offences.  I think they used Dickson and Wilkins perfectly.  They are the best coaching staff in this state in my opinion.  Some say you have to have alittle luck to win this game.  I believe that to be true. But I am convinced this was a team of Destiny.  So many great guys on this team.  Even the non starters are heroes in my book.  It takes the whole team effort to do what Peabody has accomplished.  I believe the future is bright.  Roll Tide!

4 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

First of all i would like to say Congratulations, be we both know Trenton was not the best team in 2a this year. 

You will say Fairley.  That is okay.  But we still won the game.  We needed a touchdown, we got it.  We needed a 2 point conversion, we got it.  we needed another TD in overtime, we got it.  We stopped Fairley's 2 point conversion and we nailed ours.  I believe both teams would split 10 games.  Toss up.  But head to head we won.  New England Patriots lose games every year but in the end they are the best.  We have the gold and no one can take that from us.  So with that said, the best team won

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

Only time will tell. After a back to back gold ball run there’s no question there will kids wanting to move and play for our program. 

1 hour ago, Mtown38 said:

You should change your name to mtownwhiner . 
we beat fairley period. They lacked special teams and had some bad coaching decisions. To be the best you have to have it all and they didn’t.