Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

4 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

PC has athletes all over the field. Size and speed. My mid Tenn friends already texting me. They say we don't have a chance.

They do have speed and a lot of size but I’m not sure about their game planning. Covington actually outgained them 334-175 with 23 first downs to 10 and were the much smaller team on the field. I feel like if they would have utilized their passing attack more that they would had more yardage as they could’ve beaten the Covington secondary with long passes. I believe they only attempted a couple and completed one for a monster gain that turned into a TD. They did enough to win and that’s what matters but it won’t be enough against Alcoa if they underutilize their strength.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

They do have speed and a lot of size but I’m not sure about their game planning. Covington actually outgained them 334-175 with 23 first downs to 10 and were the much smaller team on the field. I feel like if they would have utilized their passing attack more that they would had more yardage as they could’ve beaten the Covington secondary with long passes. I believe they only attempted a couple and completed one for a monster gain that turned into a TD. They did enough to win and that’s what matters but it won’t be enough against Alcoa if they underutilize their strength.

We left the game in our defense hands against y'all. Look what happened PC still undefeated. Gameplan will be much different against Alcoa then y'all. PC vs Everybody I know alot of people think we don't stand a chance Friday, and that's cool with us!!!

12 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

The Firebirds will have trouble with both the OL and DL from Alcoa. They have not seen those kinds of fronts all year and I don't care who they have played. PC not going to run the ball between the tackles unless they got a QB like Foster at AE.  GR will get in the I Formation and pound the rock behind that OL until PC breaks and gets beat on a play action pass.....Alcoa might not score alot of points but if they get ahead by 14 or more it is over barring any craziness with turnovers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charger64 said:

The Firebirds will have trouble with both the OL and DL from Alcoa. They have not seen those kinds of fronts all year and I don't care who they have played. PC not going to run the ball between the tackles unless they got a QB like Foster at AE.  GR will get in the I Formation and pound the rock behind that OL until PC breaks and gets beat on a play action pass.....Alcoa might not score alot of points but if they get ahead by 14 or more it is over barring any craziness with turnovers.

Unlike Covington we like gold not silver!!!